Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Yahoody

One Too Many
Bowler, well done on your first 1911. Your choice is a wonderful classic!.

The project I have been doing T&E for has me shooting a lot of 9mm 1911s.
These were $600 on GB a month ago so my company bought 6.
Nothing wrong with a Springfield. We started with four of the Ronins. But my tastes have gravitated to the LW (and cheaper) Kimbers. They are certainly easy to shoot well.

IMG_4297 (2).JPG

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Well, I test fired a Kimber 1911 at the range and found a Springfield Armory mil spec defender that was more in line with my budget. I needed a new bicycle too. So while it isn't the bright nickel or charcoal blue engraved finished I have dreamt of, I'm still pretty excited to try this out, and it seems to be much easier to pack on a camping trip than any of my long or heavy wheel guns. So here's my first 1911.
View attachment 349982 View attachment 349983

The 1911 is a great gun, and Springfield builds fine ones. You made a good choice. And the 1911 certainly looks at home with a fedora!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Picked up a couple this week, a Heritage Rough Rider, I really like these fun little guns, and an Uberti .38 Special Open Top Conversion. View attachment 352456 View attachment 352457

I really love those Ubertis. The detail to historical reproduction seems super legit, although I am far from an expert. Also, the rough rider I picked up a few months back shoots maybe better than my S&W model 17.

On another note, the magazine on my new Springfield 1911 is really difficult to load-- the first round only. As if there is some kind of metal burr resisting it. It's easy to push down the spring with my finger if the magazine is empty, and all other rounds after the first cartridge are also easy to load. Anybody here have any insight on that?

Inkstainedwretch

One Too Many
Picked up a couple this week, a Heritage Rough Rider, I really like these fun little guns, and an Uberti .38 Special Open Top Conversion. View attachment 352456 View attachment 352457

I love the looks of those cartridge conversions. They just have the cleanest, most attractive lines ever. Where did you find yours? Every dealer I've found online says the same thing about all of the Ubertis, not just the conversions: "Out of stock."

DeaconKC

One Too Many
The 45 Army I picked up last year, was in stock at a LGS I frequent. The same LGS has been on the lookout for the .38 for me for a while, his rep from Taylor's called him with this one. It is technically blemished, there is a ding in the barrel near the front sight, so it was discounted. It is stamped 2021 production and you can see where Uberti is rushing, trying to get caught up. A sharp edge on the loading gate and ejector rod housing [both easily taken care of] but the finish is excellent, no dished screw holes etc.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
I am renewing my acquaintance with Cascity after a long absence. I dabbled in Cowboy action shooting in past years. My alias there is The Elderly Kid.
I'm DeaconKC over there too.
Anyhoo, today walked into my FLGS and someone had traded in a very clean Kahr CW45. I had some extra money in the gun fund, so it came home with me. Just barely bigger than my usual daily carry P40 cal Kahr and hold 7 rounds of 45 as opposed to 6 of 40 and it uses 1911 mags! New EDC gun.
kahr45.jpg
kahr40-45.jpg

jkingrph

Practically Family
My soon to be ten year old grandson took a big interest in firearms over the last year. Unfortunately my son and family live about 320 miles away so do not get to be with them that often. The last three or four times they were here we had to take the grandson to the rifle range, usually a couple of times and a 50 mile trip one way. Due to that distance and the price of ammo, I got sticker shock when my son bought a couple of boxes of .22lr over in Jackson, Miss for $14.99 about 4 months ago. I gave them an old carton (10 boxes) of Win I had out in my garage that I had paid $9.99 for probably 20-25 years ago. Anyway I started with some airguns, a bunch of CO2 pistols picked up a couple of S&W model 78 guns that match my M 41 target pistol closely, then built up a few of the Crosman 22xx types in both .177 and .22, sporter and full target type, a couple with Walther Lothar barrels, very accurate, then finally located an old Beeman Original 6, actually a Diana with a Gliss recoileless system and sent it of for a rebuild, Got at Weihrauch HW 75 single stroke pneumatic, and am want ing a HW45, but they are at least 3 months out on import list. Also picked up a Zoraki HP01-2 pump up, a Turkish made, Looks modern military like, black polymer grips and metal frame, but fantastic trigger and very accurate. I had a 48 years Feinwerkbau 124 sporter rebuilt as the piston seal and fallen apart, and also have one of their old Olympic match models a 300s, which is a recoiless , sprin air type. and finally picked ut a Diana 54 Air King Pro in .22 a side cocking fixed barrel, and then a HW 97 and under lever cocker. It's nice to be able to go out on the back patio and plink away, I have a heavy duty steel pellet trap/target holder, but the most fun is some soda cans hanging from some short string pieces from an old sawhorse, love to watch them jump. It saves a lot of time and mileage and pellets even though the prices and availability is not always good is still better than .22LR or centerfire ammo.

jkingrph

Practically Family
My soon to be ten year old grandson took a big interest in firearms over the last year. Unfortunately my son and family live about 320 miles away so do not get to be with them that often. The last three or four times they were here we had to take the grandson to the rifle range, usually a couple of times and a 50 mile trip one way. Due to that distance and the price of ammo, I got sticker shock when my son bought a couple of boxes of .22lr over in Jackson, Miss for $14.99 about 4 months ago. I gave them an old carton (10 boxes) of Win I had out in my garage that I had paid $9.99 for probably 20-25 years ago. Anyway I started with some airguns, a bunch of CO2 pistols picked up a couple of S&W model 78 guns that match my M 41 target pistol closely, then built up a few of the Crosman 22xx types in both .177 and .22, sporter and full target type, a couple with Walther Lothar barrels, very accurate, then finally located an old Beeman Original 6, actually a Diana with a Gliss recoilless system and sent it of for a rebuild, Got at Weihrauch HW 75 single stroke pneumatic, and am want ing a HW45, but they are at least 3 months out on import list. Also picked up a Zoraki HP01-2 pump up, a Turkish made, Looks modern military like, black polymer grips and metal frame, but fantastic trigger and very accurate. I had a 48 years Feinwerkbau 124 sporter rebuilt as the piston seal and fallen apart, and also have one of their old Olympic match models a 300s, which is a recoiless , sprin air type. and finally picked ut a Diana 54 Air King Pro in .22 a side cocking fixed barrel, and then a HW 97 and under lever cocker. It's nice to be able to go out on the back patio and plink away, I have a heavy duty steel pellet trap/target holder, but the most fun is some soda cans hanging from some short string pieces from an old sawhorse, love to watch them jump. It saves a lot of time and mileage and pellets even though the prices and availability is not always good is still better than .22LR or centerfire ammo.

Yahoody

One Too Many
Most of us grew up starting with a BB gun. If you were lucky you went to a accurate .22. These days I do pest control with a 1911 with a Kimber top end and a Ruger bolt gun in .22 with a 4-12 Leopold. Having to drive 50 miles one way would make me hard pressed to do any kind of shooting.

Thankfully no need to drive here.

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Not a gun shot (pun intended), but evidence of farm house laundry where I forgot to check all the pockets before the wash:

View attachment 352450
Wow--I have done that! I once came home from a hunting trip to Texas and found out that I had a live 20 Gauge shotgun shell in my pocket. Made it through three airports without anyone noticing it. I did have TSA Pre but still.... Done this with spent cartridges as well which would have been slightly easier to explain at security.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ