Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Yahoody

One Too Many
Deacon, those RIA guns are much better than I expected. I have had two in recently as part of a larger 9mm project we are working on. Converted them them to 38 Super easy enough and they are stout, well built guns. I also ditched the FLGR and the ambi. We rebuilt the ignition system and refinished the guns as two tones. Slides polished up nicely for a new blue job. But for the initial buy in at the suggested MSRP they are a wonderful value as a 9mm or a platform for anything .355" for caliber. Wonderful guns IMO. And that is a hard earned compliment coming from me! I suspect the 45s are every bit as good if not better. Hope you enjoy yours!

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Deacon, those RIA guns are much better than I expected. I have had two in recently as part of a larger 9mm project we are working on. Converted them them to 38 Super easy enough and they are stout, well built guns. I also ditched the FLGR and the ambi. We rebuilt the ignition system and refinished the guns as two tones. Slides polished up nicely for a new blue job. But for the initial buy in at the suggested MSRP they are a wonderful value as a 9mm or a platform for anything .355" for caliber. Wonderful guns IMO. And that is a hard earned compliment coming from me! I suspect the 45s are every bit as good if not better. Hope you enjoy yours!

Not only have these been a good surprise, the ATI ones have been very solid guns too. Machining done right where it matters and as I said this one has a really nice trigger, just what a good 1911 is capable of.

The black Para-ordnance .45acp P-14 ( my usual carry gun ) is a slightly slicked out tack driver....The Browning Hi-Power 9MM has very good accuracy with the Colt Python .357 next.
100_0464.JPG

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Anybody attempted to make a gun using 3D printing? Here in my city they busted a gang banger yesterday with a 3D printed 9mm. He was driving around with it just tossed on the back seat of his car. The news said he was released and no charges have been laid at the time of reporting. It was a crude piece of equipment but apparently it did fire without blowing up.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
The black Para-ordnance .45acp P-14 ( my usual carry gun ) is a slightly slicked out tack driver....The Browning Hi-Power 9MM has very good accuracy with the Colt Python .357 next.
View attachment 346895

Like those grips on the Python. I had a Remington WWII contract .45 that range jam/requested revolver
substitute replace and the Army issued a Python. Love those grips.

Also, the peacemaker .45 with ivory grips, cannot discern the lower engrave, might I ask what it is?

Fantastic pieces, really outstanding.

You must be addressing someone else about a 'peacemaker' .45. I only have one gun with ivory grips which is a S&W MO. 659 9mm pistol. All the rest have stag grips with natural darker graining that I suppose you could mistake for some kind of engraving (?).

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Well traded for a well worn [!] Winchester Model 12 today along with a Kahr P40. Seems like an odd combination, but, well one is for Wild Bunch and one for other Social Situations, I guess it makes sense. The Model 12 is still tight as a bank vault but the finish is gone, so I am debating on re-bluing it if there is not serious pitting. Got to get it drilled for a new front sight anyway as someone has shortened the barrel. It can definitely still do the job.

Attachments

• win12-1.jpg
    win12-1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 876
  • win12-2.jpg
    win12-2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 938

Yahoody

One Too Many
Model 12 is an amazing shot gun. Well done. I have a chopped one myself so I think you are brilliant :) FWIW I'd leave it as is after you put that new bead on the barrel.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
A few years ago I got tired of listening to some blowhard young guy who couldn't shut up about how the 870 and the 500 had chased the "obsolete" 12 out of production, I told him it was because the Model 12 was so finely made. I handed him one of a rack and told him to pump it. He shut up after that...

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Well, I test fired a Kimber 1911 at the range and found a Springfield Armory mil spec defender that was more in line with my budget. I needed a new bicycle too. So while it isn't the bright nickel or charcoal blue engraved finished I have dreamt of, I'm still pretty excited to try this out, and it seems to be much easier to pack on a camping trip than any of my long or heavy wheel guns. So here's my first 1911.
IMG_6477.jpeg
IMG_6482.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm