Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Housekeeping note

I realize there was a major SCOTUS decision today, but the Lounge isn't the place to discuss it. Let's adhere to the title and original intent of the thread.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Deacon- yeah I should own a pair but I just use plugs. I know they are not anywhere as good a muffs but doubt if I'll ever change now. I got too used to firing weapons outside without incumberances and just never felt comfortable with the muffs indoors or out, to my detrement, I'm sure.

Oh well at least I have the confirmed right to choose.[huh]

D

DeaconKC

I've lost a good deal of hearing due to shooting without protection so now I'm kind of obsessive about it.

RudyN

One of the Regulars
Here is another of mine. Looks almost like it belongs to the 40s

121_2144.jpg

D

DeaconKC

Rudy, you gotta love the Springers! Great shooters and very reliable.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Dad's (now my brothers) Mannlicher Schoenauer Model 1956 in .243 Win. fitted with a Hensoldt Wetzlar Diavari 2.5 x 6 atop a Griffin & Howe side-mount.
DSC00870.jpg

rumblefish

One Too Many
Yessir,

One of it's neat features, also the tiny push button that unloads the magazine. As the cross-hatched button is depressed, located on the top right of the receiver, a small tab moves out of the way of the cartridges and they are all pushed into your hand from the spring of the rotor. This way there's no need twist open the floor plate or cycle all the cartridges through to unload.

I have a Model 1952 (see post# 308) in .30 06. The actions on the both are almost identical.

D

DeaconKC

I've loved Mannlichers since Roy Andrew's stories when I was a kid.

D

DeaconKC

This may start a new thread "Ladies of the Lounge with Guns!" VAVAVAVOOM

DerMann

Practically Family
My pride and joy:

webleybv9.jpg

My Vz.24:

mauserqq1.jpg

Yeah I have two bolts. Yeah I switched from a curved bolt to a straight bolt. Yeah that's a 20 round trench mag on the left.

The Mauser is a terribly fun rifle to shoot. Whenever my friends and I go to the range, we put about 70 rounds through it (one bandoleer). Thankfully the Turkish made very low quality ammo in masses during the 1920s that I can now buy for ridiculously low prices. I bought 900 rounds of 7.92x57mm Turk for $45. They were all on stripper clips and in bandoleers. Shipping may have been $35, but I think it was a good deal :D

The Webley Mk.VI on the other hand... Back when I first got it, I found a website that had Fiocchi for $30 per box of 50, and that was the absolute cheapest available online. However, it is an absolute joy to shoot (on the few occasions I have). The .455 Mk.II manufactured by Fiocchi offers a good muzzle velocity and the correct bullet shape. It recoils quite a bit as it lobs those 265 grain bullets at a target. The report of this pistol is simply amazing. I love everything about it. The way only empty cartridges are expelled when you break it open, the shape of the grips, and sheer ruggedness of the revolver itself. The Webley Mk.VI was the apex of service revolver development - it had almost fifty years of design behind it. After the Mk.VI, things went downhill for the British service revolver (i.e. the Mk.IV in .38/200 and the Enfield No.2Mk.1 -Mk.1**). The round itself is an excellent round. While it doesn't travel as quick as a .45ACP, it's significantly heavier (almost the weight of a 5.56 FMJ bullet...). Providing a very stable revolver with a very usable round (many praise its "pointability").

I'm kind of rambling here, what? Any other Webley fans?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore