Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

matrioshka said:
I just acquired this one:
swhj2.jpg

swhj1.jpg

A Smith and Wesson M&P, .38 Special with a six inch barrel. S/N in the low 200,000 range. I think I was the first person to take off the sideplate since it left the factory.-M
That's a beaut.
How does it shoot and how's the trigger pull. I have a friend that has 3 different S&W M&P revolvers and all are really great but one has the most wonderful trigger pull - smooth as glass.

Levallois

Practically Family
Beautiful S&W! I have a couple of the 19th century Smiths but none of the early 20th century ones. I may have to correct that gap in my collection.

John

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shop in town has a Park'd Victory Model M&P and a Colt New Service Army .38 in the case.

The Smith is $295 I think, the Colt is closer to $500.

AeroDillo

Familiar Face
32976714.jpg

It followed me home from the last Austin show. After some digging I've determined it's a Gibbs No.7 - not really historically accurate in any sense as far as I can tell, but an offering I found intriguing nonetheless.

I.e. - I walked by the table, a small voice in the back of my head said "...that looks adventuresome..."

And that settled that. lol

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
I've seen a similar rifle over here at a Show once. In the 70s there was a company that was converting No.4s to look like the No.5 Jungle Carbines. Yours looks like a No 3 with a No.5 Jungle Carbine barrel on it. The Magazine is either for a .308 or an after market .303 . Enfields are fun rifles I've always had one in my collection. I have 2 now a No.4 and a No.3 with tons of hang fire ammo. I read somewhere .303 has taken more African game than any other caliber, I believe it. I had friends who hunted bear in Canada with Enfields. They would tie bacon on thier boots and walk around so the Bears would track them. I have crazy friends.

warbird

One Too Many
Back from the Southern Side-by-Side Spring Classic in Sanford NC at the Deep River Shooting Complex. I shot an Ithaca, LC Smith and a Frederick Williams.

Classes included American guns, European, hammered and hammerless. There was the yearly competition between the Parker and LC Smith shooters as well. Events included sporting clays and 5 stand. It was hot, hot, really hot, over 90 and it hadn't even gotten into the 80's before this past weekend down south. Didn't make for good vintage shooting clothing, but it was fun none the less. Weather has been very wet all spring and had little opportunity to practice, so I felt pretty rusty.

Lots of beautiful guns being shot as well as for sale, prices ranging from a few hundred to $100k. Other than the Vintage Cup at Pintail Point MD in the fall this is the best chance to see some of the finest and rarest shotguns in the world all at one time here in the states. And these people shoot their guns, they don't buy them to hang in a gun safe.

The LC shooter won and won big in the LC v Parker shootout. It was the first time in 4 years the LC shooters won.

It's always a lot of fun to get out and shoot a side by side. I like shooting and hunting with them. However for now, I probably won't shoot it often for some time to come. I will practice to stay acquainted with it. Most of my upcoming events I will shoot my Beretta O/U, which is tremendous fun to shoot as well. I almost always shoot SxS and O/U. In fact I can't remember the last time I shot an auto.

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
warbird said:
Back from the Southern Side-by-Side Spring Classic in Sanford NC at the Deep River Shooting Complex...It's always a lot of fun to get out and shoot a side by side...Most of my upcoming events I will shoot my Beretta O/U, which is tremendous fun to shoot as well.

Sounds like a great time: glad you enjoyed it--that's the important thing! Personally, I just have no use for OUs...that's just not my thing. But, having said that, I think that the Beretta design--the way the fore-end wraps DEEP around the barrels with very little under them--is the best design for an OU, preserving as much of the front hand/muzzle alignment of a SxS as is possible.

No mattter what you, I, or anyone else thinks...at the end of the day the only question is: do you shoot it well? I'll be you shoot 'em all well, and good for you!

"Skeet"

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not a fan of their handguns but I've heard nothing but good things about the Hi-Point carbines.

Gives a modern take on the cowboys' lever rifle and pistol in the same caliber.

Not quite as pretty as a Winchester and a Colt in .32-20 though. :)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
carebear said:
Not a fan of their handguns but I've heard nothing but good things about the Hi-Point carbines.

Gives a modern take on the cowboys' lever rifle and pistol in the same caliber.

Not quite as pretty as a Winchester and a Colt in .32-20 though. :)

Agreed, their handguns aren't great but the carbines are awesome. Put over 1,500 rounds through mine without a single problem. Flawless.

Not as pretty as anything. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran