Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Guns!

Mossyrock

One of the Regulars
I guess I will take a shot at getting this thread back on the vintage path. How about this?

RR1.jpg

RR2.jpg

RR3.jpg

This piece began life as a WWII era Remington-Rand 1911A1. Sometime after the war, the owner had it engraved and then basically beat it to death. When I got it a few years ago, it was a rattling hulk of its former self. I rebuilt it from the ground up. As you see it, the only original parts are the frame, slide, pins, and grip safety. I fitted the frame to the slide, installed a US GI National Match barrel and bushing, and replaced everything else. It was polished and reblued by Ted Yost, and the grips are by Nutmeg Sports. I don't know anything about the engraver other than he was probably Japanese in occupied Japan, after the war. This is the general opinion after having shown this pistol to half a dozen engravers.

While this is, at it's heart, a "BBQ gun", it also gets carried and shot. It's next outing will be for Independence Day, in Kramer horsehide.

warbird

One Too Many
John in Covina said:
That's some beautiful bluing.

I wonder how many know what a BBQ gun is out there?

Probably not enough. The 1911 does lend itself very nicely to being a BBQ gun as does the High Power and a nice SAA fits well too.

Akubra

Familiar Face
Chapuis 9.3 x 74R

It is a double rifle. Not exactly vintage, it is only 10 years old but it is an old design that hasn't changed much in over 100 years. The cartrige is the German equivalent to 375 H&H ( I have one of those also)

I have a bunch of guns, some are vintage some are for defence, most are for hunting and sporting purposes. If this post goes well I'll put up some more pics. Maybe the old Askira WW2 rifle that was re chambered to 458Winchester for the Ugandan game department in the late 40s for Elephant cropping.

TRY THIS....

http://webmail.myfairpoint.net/hweb...GQM&emid=sharshar&linkid=link5&cid=EMsharshar

Story

I'll Lock Up
Akubra said:
If this post goes well I'll put up some more pics. Maybe the old Askira WW2 rifle that was re chambered to 458Winchester for the Ugandan game department in the late 40s for Elephant cropping.

I'd like to see that - who did the conversion, do you know? And are you a member over at the Nitro Express forums?

Levallois

Practically Family
Story said:
The weapons used in PUBLIC ENEMIES
http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Public_Enemies

Melvin Purvis' Mauser Sporter
98wmio.jpg

If you enjoy seeing vintage firearms used in anger then this is the movie for you. Thompsons, BARs, 1911s along with Rem. model 8s and 351 Winchesters (got to look fast for these). As with all Mann films the shootouts are well done and everybody looks like they have handled firearms before.

John

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Story said:
The weapons used in PUBLIC ENEMIES
http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Public_Enemies

Melvin Purvis' Mauser Sporter
98wmio.jpg

Haven't gone to see the film yet but in the preview he works the bolt beautifully in that scene. Smooth, fluid bolt throw and his head doesn't move.

Definitely have to agree that Mann aims for accuracy in his gunhandling, just watched Collateral again last night in fact.

shortbow

Practically Family
Some great gats. As to the lawdog files and him talking about pearl grips, when I was growing up in West Texas they were verbotten. My parents always said George Patton opined that peal grips only belonged on a "pimp gun.":)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner