Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Sari... I love your hair like that! I would have never known those were fake! Great style!

RetroModelSari said:
Talking about Fake Bangs... Here is one photo of me having one:

I made that one with a foam rat. I rolled the hair forward over the rat and fixed it with a loooot of hairpins and hairspray. I think this makes the bang much more solid and lating longer than a loose bang.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Kat... Your hair looks beautiful there. I love how your main roll is a hidden one. Please post a Pageboy tutorial. I am having a hard time styling my hair that way. I think my hair may be too thick, but I don't know for sure.

KAT said:
My new one from today. I tried taking pics of my hair in rollers but it didnt work that well. In my album i posted some pictures about the way i set my rollers.(but not in my hair though lol ) I used the "fab bangs" pattern, but didnt go for bangs.
I used a lot of rollers for this. Next time i will try to explain the pageboy type of hairstyle you gals asked for and i will take more detailed pictures. step by step..

http://public.fotki.com/KATHARINAB/kathy-1/

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Hi Dolls! I had a show last Saturday night and wanted to show you the way I wore my hair. With advice from Jitterbugdoll I was able to get fluffier curls! Yay!

Before the first act in the bathroom! Hahaha
IM000704f.jpg

After the night was over at home...
IM000719c.jpg

I don't know why my face looks distorted in the second photo... I think photobucket is being wonky.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Jitterbugdoll... The biggest thing I did was use setting lotion! That made a big difference in the fluffiness. I did however have to tame the fluff down a bit. I had a great Afro puff happening before that, but not the look I was going for. :) I want to see photos of you with 3 rolls. I think I have only seen you with 2. Heck, I just like seeing your hair. :)

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Setting lotion works wonders! But if you keep ending up with a lot of frizz, you may be taking too small of sections. Are you using hot rollers? Also, trying combing a bit of smoothing creme or a tiny bit of pomade through your after the curlers are out.

You do a very nice job with your hair as well :) I only have a photo from a couple of years ago, where I made the rolls a little more flat to my head. I prefer to style them the way you did them on Saturday, though:

47b4dd27b3127cce9bdb2e4e226600000015108AatmbRq2ctP

47b4dd27b3127cce9bdb2e4da35500000015108AatmbRq2ctP

KAT

A-List Customer
oh i love the "Triple Roll Delight";) both versions..i did that a couple of times very similar to yours, Lolita and Jitterbugdoll..you two look great!:eusa_clap

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I have to admit, I was a bit of a hair snob. My hair curls really well without any product, so I got a bit of a high nose on setting lotion, but since my hair was getting a bit long, I thougt I would try it and Wow, I am quite happy with it. I used pin-curls actually to do my hair the other night. I ended up running my slightly damp fingers (water and setting lotion) through my hair afterwards to tame it. I really should have taken before photos! It was a kick!

Thank you. :) Your hair looks gorgeous in the triple crown (that is what I call it). It is very similar to the way I styled it except the center roll in rolled the opposite way. I will have to try it in the flatter style you have. I think it gives it a more casual day look versus a glam evening look. Great job!

Oh! By the way... Jake from Jake's Chop Shop says hi. I saw him at the carshow. He thought I was you. Seriously, we are going to have to start wearing nametags!

jitterbugdoll said:
Setting lotion works wonders! But if you keep ending up with a lot of frizz, you may be taking too small of sections. Are you using hot rollers? Also, trying combing a bit of smoothing creme or a tiny bit of pomade through your after the curlers are out.

You do a very nice job with your hair as well :) I only have a photo from a couple of years ago, where I made the rolls a little more flat to my head. I prefer to style them the way you did them on Saturday, though:

47b4dd27b3127cce9bdb2e4e226600000015108AatmbRq2ctP

47b4dd27b3127cce9bdb2e4da35500000015108AatmbRq2ctP

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Like my grandmother, I love to try new products. I'm always looking for that 'magic' one ;)

Yes, I ran into Jake as he was leaving :) I think people are just confused by our blonde hair and tall stature ;) When I was leaving your last show some gals said goodbye to me from across the parking lot, but called me Lolita. Too funny!

Thank you, Kat! If you lived here, I am sure the three of us would have to start wearing name tags:)

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Such pretty hair,it's so refreshing.
Alot of women today want something easy or edgy. Remember when choppy was a bad word pertaining to hair? If your ends looked choppy it was a bad haircut,now they think you're a bad hairstylist if you leave them blunt.
I'm slowly influencing them though. Now,when I have a female client sit in my chair and says she wants to change to something edgier,I reply "How about something pretty?" The majority are jumping at the chance.I really think they're ready,they just need that little bit of inspiration.

Lolita-You're a doll!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Ruby, that's so true! I know my hairdresser enjoys it when I bring in my stack of vintage photos--he even makes it a point to bring in his curler set (circa 1975, I think:p ) so that he can style my hair before I leave. Sounds like you have found your niche :)

You know, there is a local stylist that specializes in vintage styles, who also goes by the name Ruby. She also has pretty red locks like you do :)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Jitterbugdoll... How fun it would be to try new products, unfortunately I am a creature of habit and find myself stuck in routines and ruts. Wonderful, I am glad you guys were able to meet up. :) How funny... I wonder who it was who said good-by? I didn't know anyone there. It may have been Suzy Homewrecker (a Derby Dame) who I just met that night. She wants me to teach her Burlesque. (I really need to get a class started somewhere!) Other than that I can't think of who it may have been. Where does the local Ruby work at? ***crosses fingers she is on the westside***

RubyRedLocks... Thank you very much! I actually like your rebuttle to women desire for edgy. :)

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Peas in a pod,I'd guess.

JBD-
I bet your stylist loves it when you come in.
Besides,it's my view that the client who always looks fresh daily is our best advertisement.
No one is going to ask the girl in the baseball cap who does her hair,because they can't see it.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Sometimes they work well, and sometimes they don't! I'm just a makeup and hair product junkie, that's all. Oh, and a vintage clothing junkie, too ;)

I have no idea who it was--it was dark and I couldn't see the two gals very well.

Ruby works in Scottsdale, but she's not cheap :( . That's why I haven't gone to her yet, and I can't report back on her abilities either [huh]

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Hehehehe I will just see if you have tried things and review them for me. :)

Well, since you already know how to work wonders on your hair, I suppose a Scottsdale stylist is not neccesary, but it is always nice to have someone else fuddle with your hair. Especially the back! :)

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Lolita-I completely forgot to answer your question earlier,yes,the pic is from this year's Viva.

My gosh you 3 do look alike.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Well, I heard rumors that someone was opening a vintage-style salon in Phoenix, but I think she just meant the decor and not the actual hairstyles [huh]

It does help if you can go to someone who knows the cuts/styles, but they don't have to have Scottsdale attached to their name to get the look right :)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Well that is disappointing... I would like to check it out just to see anyway. :)

jitterbugdoll said:
Well, I heard rumors that someone was opening a vintage-style salon in Phoenix, but I think she just meant the decor and not the actual hairstyles [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart