Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Vanessa

One Too Many
What a great outfit - you look fabulous. The hair & the makeup just gel with the dress so well. Those curls are from pin curls, yes?

Plum

New in Town
Maisie, you look absolutely stunning! You hair, the color of your dress, the lipstick - it's perfect!

swinggal

One Too Many
Great dos ladies.

The thing with pin curls is that you really do have to practice to get good at doing them. It's a bit like piano - your fingers become nimbler over time. Ihad it down to afine art a while back then got lazy and started using foam rollers again...now I have toattune my fingers again. Here is a pic of past do of mine. I'll add some more as i find them

fridaynightgirl

New in Town
Swingal, those are GREAT pictures! How did you get the barrel rolls to stay in your hair? (I said I would be asking lots of questions! *grin*) Did you use bobby pins?

Does anybody have pictures of updo's that they will share? These are great! Keep 'em coming!

ChorusGirl

Familiar Face
Loving it!

Thanks for sharing all of your pretty pictures gals! I need to do my hair more often. I can still never get it smooth enough. I'm hoping the round boar-bristle brush I just bought will help with that. I'll post photos after I find time to practice! Hopefully I can practice this week cause I've got a dance on the 7th and I want to look good... ;)

I second that... keep the pics coming!

Addi :)

maisie

Practically Family
What a great outfit - you look fabulous. The hair & the makeup just gel with the dress so well. Those curls are from pin curls, yes?

Thanks for all the great comments!! You all look great as well!
I didn't use pin curls for my hair (my hair is way too think to even think about trying, it would probably take all day!!) So I use the rollers you sleep in, and the curl lasts for about 2-3 days, depending on how curly you like you hair to be!:)

FedoraGirl

New in Town
i love the pictures! everyone looks so beautiful!

i curled just the lower ends of the hair, but my avatar shows the first time i did pincurls in years; since my grandma first showed me. she has very short hair. mine is getting just past my shoulders now so i've found the technique of beginning the rolling at the base of my finger held near the scalp worked well when i do the whole length of hair.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Wow! Everyones hair is so well-done!!! I?Ǭ¥m getting green with envy!!! I hope my styling improves more when I got my "1940s Hairstyling" book. I can?Ǭ¥t wait to try new styles!!!;)

Ok, I found one of me. Not the best since I took it myself, in the mirror.:rolleyes:
me1.jpg

Naama

Practically Family
Cherry Red, the picture itself looks bad, but you and your hair looks good ;)

Naama

millinerymiss

New in Town
Fabulous Hair Ladies

I am a lot older than you all and You like just like I remember my mother and her friends doing their hair. The pincurls were always done wet and slept on after they were wrapped with a scarf. Setting lotion was not used until the fifties and it sometimes turned out gooey. Have any of you ever done rag curls. You just use strips of a ripped up cloth and roll the hair like a curler and tie the ends. It gives you a full curly almost frizzy look. My mother used to do my hair this way before sponge curlers were invented. :cool2:

Crookshanks

New in Town
You all look stunning, ladies! :)

Millenerymiss: Yes I've done rag curls and as you say it came out a bit frizzy, don't know why. It's probably hard work getting nice curls, as it is with all the different curling methods and I'm certainly not a curling guru yet, but I like the easy part when you just tie the cloth ends together to a knot. That's a plus. Would recommend this method as a cheap alternative and instead of using fabric you can use kitchen paper/kitchen tissue. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana