Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I wanna contribute some photos of my hair, too...

Here I had used small rollers and worn them over night. Afterwards I just pinned them all in place and I was done!
c758.jpg

Here I was using my curling iron to do on roll in the front and two at the sides. For the hair in the back I used one of those foam rolls and rolled my hair around it and pinned it afterwards.
5398.jpg

SwingTime

New in Town
Ah ladies.. you all look just grand! I have to share with you gals that doing those beautiful hair do's from the 1930s-1940s and even from the 50s are a great task not only how to position the pincurls or rollers just to get that certain look but it sure is a pain for the fingers and arms but the result just speaks for it self!

Rhodora

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
humblestumble said:
I don't do this very often, but my motivation lacks usually, that and I have to massage almost every other day (days when I HAVE to have my hair up and out of the way) But I sometimes do a woman's pompador with a ponytail. It's similar to the other tutorial posted in a another post, but I didn't know about that when I made mine.

pomp.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/mclittledrink/ponypomptut.html

Ah! That's just adorable! (And it's such a great picture too!)

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
This is one of mine. A friend did it for me. It started with hot rollers and then later she put the back up and made the rolls by sweeping little pieces into the roll one at a time until they all added up to two big rolls.

sloanedots02.jpg

BV- forgive the severe, craggy expression. The photographer didn't like smiley and wanted me to look angry. (I had trouble not smiling for that long.)

ITG

Call Me a Cab
RetroModelSari said:
I wanna contribute some photos of my hair, too...

Here I had used small rollers and worn them over night. Afterwards I just pinned them all in place and I was done!
c758.jpg

Here I was using my curling iron to do on roll in the front and two at the sides. For the hair in the back I used one of those foam rolls and rolled my hair around it and pinned it afterwards.
5398.jpg
Hmm, the links on my end aren't working. I'd really like to see the pics though.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Nope. Just hairspray. I spray it lightly to keep the flyaways in place when I roll it. Just a mist, then smooth it into place with my hand, then roll it and spray it again. It stayed all day, and that's a tough feat for my fine hair :)

Thanks to Vanessa for teaching me the art of rolling!

Lauren

Very Veronica Lake! Welcome to the lounge!

Here's my hair from last saturday night. I put in sponge rollers, but they mostly fell out by the end of the day, so this was a combination sponge rollers, curling iron, and lots and lots of hairspray and pins!
race13.jpg

Photograph taken by the fabulous Matt Deckard.

Vanessa

One Too Many
Lauren Henline said:
V I put in sponge rollers, but they mostly fell out by the end of the day, so this was a combination sponge rollers, curling iron, and lots and lots of hairspray and pins!

Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of hairspray.

Lauren

note to self: DON'T put the comb in your mouth that you were wearing the previous day with a vintage hairstyle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch