Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Ruby Red

New in Town
cecil said:
Yaaay! I wanted to replicate Gene Tierney's style in Laura. Here's a photo:
http://www.doctormacro1.info/Images/Tierney, Gene/Annex/Annex - Tierney, Gene (Laura)_05.jpg

I didn't quite get there, but I think I'm getting closer! Sorry about bad photos, I'm really bad at taking photos of myself.

Apologies for flavour country in the foreground. No lipstick, scandalous! lol
hair1-1.jpg

And a close up:
IMGA0003.jpg

I love it! you did a great job and you look absolutely lovely :):eusa_clap
Did you use pin curls?

Blondie

Practically Family
~Psycho Sue~ said:
I have a pic of the Middy cut I got last weekend. It's the 6 inches variation with standard sides and 4 inch bangs. This is a pincurl set done by my mother, a hairdresser. The style is a half wave side with a forward roll bang. She cut it dry with a slither cut to create small layers within each layer. It has amazing bounce and it is much easier to set my hair than before. :)

14236_1210549797112_1629776159_5398.jpg
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful !!!!

Blondie

Practically Family

cecil

A-List Customer
Hamilton_Honey said:
Actually you look a bit like Gene Tierney - and your hair came out fabulous! I love it on you! Tell me more about the set?

I'm taking a screenshot of that and printing it out lol Gene is my absolute favourite!

Thankyou everyone for all the lovely compliments! :eek:

For those who asked about the set, I made a highly technical and artistically rendered diagram for you lol

when brushing out the wave, first brush it a bit just to loosen the curls a but, then you do it as if you were making a fingerwave. Use a small styling comb and really scrape each bend around. once you've got the bit to bend, hold it down with your finger while combing the next bend out with the other hand.

Because I'm lazy and I have ALOT of thick hair I very rarely pincurl my whole head. to get a vague pageboy shape going I tied a bit of an old stocking round my head (yes, over the wet pincurls) then curled the ends under using rags.

Behold, my MS Paint skills:
4151256655_0ea1992c7e_o.jpg

cecil

A-List Customer
Audrey Horne said:
This is sooo gorgoues!! Please let us know how you did it! Also, can you share a pic of your hair unstyled?

Oh dear. Well, here's a photo of me looking drunk and unimpressed in January. Only one I could find. You asked for it! lol

4152495058_6a5be423c6_o.jpg

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
chanteuseCarey said:
Was trying for a more Gibson Girl look, to go with a late Victorian/ early Edwardian outfit I wore to the West Coast Ragtime Festival on 11/20/09. My hair was set by my SF stylist and left unfluffed and uncombed out when I went home from the salon on Thurs. afternoon. I picked it out Friday morning before we left for the WCRF. Not very satisfied with the pictures that were taken Friday evening, but this is the best of the lot. Oh, and I hated how these eyeglasses looked in the photographs!

378518031.jpg

Your hair looks lovely ChanteuseCarey. So soft and pretty.

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
Today's Pompadour

I have a Middy. I set using sponge rollers last night. Used three graduating size sponge rollers on the bangs. Set to roll away from the face. This morning I used a good brush to direct them under towards my face. it created a voluminous pompadour. :) The sides were swept back and set using three sponge roller towards the face. The back was set in two rows of sponge rollers going towards the face, parted in the center back. Pretty sassy huh?
14236_1214096965789_1629776159_5508.jpg

14236_1214096285772_1629776159_5508.jpg

14236_1214094805735_1629776159_5508.jpg

the ends are a bit crispy, but once the curls relax tomorrow I will have a different look. I was thinking pinup pigtails ;)

theplaiddress

New in Town
My first try!

So, I'd been trying some retro styles with my old long, long hair, but it was just too much to work with, so I quit. But then I chopped off about 8 inches two weeks ago, and figured I'd give it a shot and I'm surprisingly happy with my first real attempt. I used some Conair hot rollers. And forgive the makeuplessness. It's 11pm on a Wednesday night and I'm not going to put on a face just to wash it off immediately! :eek: Next time...

Photo%206.jpg

MrSpadesGirl

New in Town
Here's my first attempt at Victory Rolls...and also my first post on FL. I've been lurking around for a while. I'm not all that pleased with the way they turned out, but from what I understand it takes a lot of practice.
VictoryRolls.jpg

The picture is so big...I'm sorry, ladies. I don't know how to change the size. :eusa_doh:

zendy

A-List Customer
MrSpadesGirl: That top roll is adorable! I think that if you left out the side one that it could be a daily go to hairstyle. BTW, your and vintage_jayhawk's first attempts are far superior to mine. Far superior lol

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
cecil said:

Cecil!

This really helps me a ton! I'm almost certain this is the look I'd like to aim for. Now to work up my courage to face the scissors and the bottle o' colour (I have to stick with brown though). Perhaps I need to embrace a "different" bottle first? Liquid courage anyone;) ? Nah...just kidding.

PS You just want Laura Hunt's hairstyle? I want her apartment! I think C-dot does too! Oh, great, now I've got the Laura melody stuck in my head. Maybe I'll teach it to the parrot!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Lenore said:
First time trying this out, so be gentle with me...
vroll.jpg

Lenore...I think you did a fantastic job and I love the red lipstick, suits you well!

I was just goofing around with my hair before I jumped in the shower and after about 30 seconds trying to do a V-roll, I quit! LOL So, I think your are just smashing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925