Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

MrSpadesGirl

New in Town
Thanks, Zendy! I'll take that into account, dear. Unfortunately, my husband didn't care for them much. I guess I'll practice more and he'll have to get used to it.

Lenore, how did you do that? It's really lovely.

I'm wearing a flower today. I woke up late and had to wash my huge mass of hair and only had time to blow dry, so no curls. At least it's clean. :-/

I'll try to post a picture in a little while.

~Shanna

MrSpadesGirl

New in Town
Here it is in all of it's frizzy glory today. Let's see yours, girls!
Flower.jpg

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
I copied this style from a 1951 magazine scan I found on "Beauty is a thing of the past" Blog. the style is a center part look with "wings" and a deep waved side and back. I have a Middy Long cut. It came out PERFECT. In spite of my crappy pincurl abilities! Grrr. I can pin my right side perfect, but the left WHOA! No way do they come out EVEN! LOL Here it is with no pins, just hairspray..how did I do?
front.jpg

back-1.jpg

sideb.jpg

sidea.jpg

MrSpadesGirl

New in Town
That looks very nice, Sue.

I'm hopeless with pin curls, myself. My hair is just way too long and thick. I'm not ready to cut it yet, it's my security blanket.

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
MrSpadesGirl said:
That looks very nice, Sue.

I'm hopeless with pin curls, myself. My hair is just way too long and thick. I'm not ready to cut it yet, it's my security blanket.

I love your long thick hair! I have baby fine hair which means I need to set my hair overnight with tons of product and spray it to death once it's styled to hang on to any texture. You hair looks like it would work fabulously with a snood. It's low maintenance and instant vintage glam. I'd like to try one myself but I may need to use a hair rat to fill it up.

MrSpadesGirl

New in Town
Jenniferrose:

I've been contemplating a snood/flower combo.

I'm just starting out with my vintage and VI purchases. I've always been intrigued by the Golden Era, yet I never made any real investments in following through with wearing the clothing and trying the hairstyles. I think a snood is pretty high on my things to buy list.

Thanks for the compliment. You are quite lovely in your avatar picture. I love the hat; very classy, ma'am.

Lenore

Practically Family
MrSpadesGirl said:
Lenore, how did you do that? It's really lovely.

~Shanna

Shanna,

It was pretty simple. I basically twisted the sides back and pinned them, leaving the fringe out. Then I reverse rolled it back. Took a couple of tries, but I like how it came out. It's pretty similar to SuperKawaiiMama's tutorial that you can find here. Instead of rolling down, I just rolled up. Took less than 10 minutes sitting at my desk at my office with interruptions.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Lindabelle! I always wanted soft and pretty curled hair... I am so glad I found a stylist who'll do vintage styles in my area (he's an hour from me, in SF) - because I can do nuthin' myself with my dumb hair! I have pics taken of many the roller sets he's done for me, but I'd have to train my DH or DD to set it for me...

Lindabelle said:
Your hair looks lovely ChanteuseCarey. So soft and pretty.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Nice rolls Lenore,exspecially for your first time trying the hairstyle. I still havent mastered rolls.

I am quite fond of this hairstyle though I am noticing that my hairline is a mess of split ends and frizz.
a1cff5e96bd2.jpg
2ffdd60c1af1.jpg
6d89be8a015f-1.jpg

MrSpadesGirl

New in Town
Thanks, Lenore. I'm going to try it tonight. Wish me luck!

Carey, your curls did look soft and touchable.

Deadpan, I really like that style a lot. It doesn't look frizzy at all! Very flattering, IMO.

Antje

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
Nice rolls Lenore,exspecially for your first time trying the hairstyle. I still havent mastered rolls.

I am quite fond of this hairstyle though I am noticing that my hairline is a mess of split ends and frizz.
a1cff5e96bd2.jpg
2ffdd60c1af1.jpg
6d89be8a015f-1.jpg

Great I love the way you did the front in your hair

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Thanks everyone. I am trying to find hairstyle that look authentic but more interesting than the side part I usally do.

The Shirt- You stay warm also. I don't know if I can handle having normal weather after thewonderfully warm November. I got spoiled. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav