Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Lenore said:
First time trying this out, so be gentle with me...
vroll.jpg
I think you did a great job especially for the first time. My first attempt at rolls was nowhere near as nice as what you have going. I would say that for the larger roll. I find that I don't like that it is so much larger (mine does the same exact thing it makes me feel lopsided) to remedy that i take part of that section of hair and make another roll from the bangs it make me feel less lopsided. But that being said you did a lovely job, and you don't have any fly aways which makes me green with envy.

Smuterella

One Too Many
minnaminerva said:
Hi,
I have just coloured my hair from mid brown to marmalade red (one of the true ginger shades from L'oreal's Majolica range). It has also grown longer, just about collar lenght (from 20's style cheek length). To wear with the vintage 30's hat it was curled using heated tongs and then pinned to cool.
Blogged about the experience of dramatic colour change on my (newish) blog:

http://redlegsinsoho.blogspot.com/2009/12/ginger-vitus.html

Please have a read if you have the time,

chin chin,
Minn x

Why, Miss Minn, how wonderful to see you here! I love the new hair colour.

bunny chan

Familiar Face
I tried out the pin-curling thing...I know I'm a really beginner :rolleyes: ! By the way I didn't have a pattern or a special purpose / event: I made it just to try!

And this is the result (and you can see my face for the first time too :) !)

pincurled1.JPG

Thanks to all of you girls!

B.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
minnaminerva said:
Hi,
I have just coloured my hair from mid brown to marmalade red (one of the true ginger shades from L'oreal's Majolica range). It has also grown longer, just about collar lenght (from 20's style cheek length). To wear with the vintage 30's hat it was curled using heated tongs and then pinned to cool.
Blogged about the experience of dramatic colour change on my (newish) blog:

http://redlegsinsoho.blogspot.com/2009/12/ginger-vitus.html

Please have a read if you have the time,

chin chin,
Minn x

Minn,

I think it looks lovely! I'm going to have some fun reading your blog too. BTW My African Grey is named "Minerva" and we call her Min too. Smart name for a smart lady.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
bunny chan said:
I tried out the pin-curling thing...I know I'm a really beginner :rolleyes: ! By the way I didn't have a pattern or a special purpose / event: I made it just to try!

And this is the result (and you can see my face for the first time too :) !)

pincurled1.JPG

Thanks to all of you girls!

B.

Bunny, you're gorgeous! I'm new to vintage as well and still haven't decided what to do with my train wreck hair. So, I haven't even attempted pin curls yet. That said, I think you did a great job! I'm learning that, like everything else in life we wish to do well, there is a learning curve and practice makes perfect!

Miss_Becky

Familiar Face
Lolita Haze, that video is hilarious! I thought you did a really good job capturing the corny, funny, cuteness of all those old commercials. I loved it. And you are so pretty, your look is perfect! You have the right stuff to be a vintage spokeswoman! I hope you win!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Claireg

One of the Regulars
My first trip out at night since going fully vintage.
I was sooooooo pleased with how my hair turned out!
Thank you all so much for inspiring me, I am having so much fun!!
xxxx
th_1212013.jpg

Dutchess

Familiar Face
You look supercute Claireg!

HPIM4515.jpg

This is my hairstyle. I dye my hair myself and created fingerwaves the lazy way. This is how I do it. But I have to admit my hair is very easy to handle. It has a natural curl and is not very thick. This 1930's style is my favorite at the moment. A little hairspray keeps the waves in place, even when wearing a hat.

Luna Layne

New in Town
So, I'm still pretty inexperienced with pin curls and the like, but I was playing around with my hair today and it came out okay :D

[URL=http://img695.imageshack.us/i/videosnapshot2.jpg/] [/URL] [URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img695/videosnapshot2.jpg/1/] [/URL]

(ignore silly advertisements)

I'm sort of afraid of combing it out more to get more defined waves, my hair tends to get frizzy and I'd rather do too little than do too much and end up with a fluff ball of hair.

LadyL

New in Town
So, here is my first attempt at 40s style poodle bangs! I have to say, as a fellow red head I was inspired a lot by C-dots old icon photo where her bangs look very cute. I wasn't sure I could pull the look off but I quite like it!

I loosely followed Lisa FreemontStreet's video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lckn8eAhVXg), but I used sponge rollers in a cold overnight set instead of pin curls.

15756_101238809904179_100000541801076_32589_3192724_n.jpg

LadyL said:
So, here is my first attempt at 40s style poodle bangs! I have to say, as a fellow red head I was inspired a lot by C-dots old icon photo where her bangs look very cute. I wasn't sure I could pull the look off but I quite like it!

I loosely followed Lisa FreemontStreet's video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lckn8eAhVXg), but I used sponge rollers in a cold overnight set instead of pin curls.

15756_101238809904179_100000541801076_32589_3192724_n.jpg

Just lovely! I can't imagine anything suiting you better! Keep it up, LadyL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner