Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
Photo_00053.jpg

Photo_00052.jpg

this is my look from friday :)

D

Deleted member 12480

hmm... maybe they got it permed? :S

idk, in old WAVE pictures you can tell who has naturally straight hair and who's is naturally curly/wavy!!

The straight haired girls' is always smooth and straight at the top!

Kate O Potato said:
I have exactly the same problem, except my hair is super fine so my rolls are at least half the size of yours on a good day! I need to find some styles which work with stubbornly straight hair, surely women suffered from the same problem all those decades ago?

HannahJane

Familiar Face
deleteduser said:
and I am quite fond of my hair... .except the my left roll is always tiny and difficult because so much of my hair is on the other side...
I have the same problem! One of my rolls is always really fiddly to do and looks a bit odd because most of my hair is on the other side. I'm trying to work up the courage to attempt to do rolls with a centre parting but I can't help but think I will look silly!

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
HannahJane said:
I have the same problem! One of my rolls is always really fiddly to do and looks a bit odd because most of my hair is on the other side. I'm trying to work up the courage to attempt to do rolls with a centre parting but I can't help but think I will look silly!

i prefer the rolls with the side parting personally. i don't like a symmetrical look for my hair - i save that for my eyeliner! lol

Rocketblast

One of the Regulars
I find if I put too much hair into one roll it doesn't stay put, so I have taken to doing three rolls instead - just splitting the biggest side into two.
This isn't a very clear photo, and the curls have lost their definition a bit by this time of the day, but..
Big_MG_1211-1.jpg

Also, use some Frizz Ease - I think it's Secret Weapon finishing cream that I use. Rub a small blob in your hands and stroke it over your curls to calm the frizz and help to mould your shape.

andouta

New in Town
hey gals,
i have one question.....my mother would like to make me a snood, a crochet one....so i would be grateful if some one you could give me some tutorial or pattern how to make a crochet snood

thanx and kisses from croatia
:)

Belle Fatale

New in Town
So I gave up on the sponge rollers. They just never seemed to dry out all the way, so my curls never stayed in. I switched to the plastic snap-cover kind, and they are a pain in the neck to sleep in, but I have curls! This is a major victory for me.

photo22fe.jpg

Sorry for the grainy picture; I can't find my camera or my phone (!) so I'm using my laptop's built-in webcam.

YesterdayGirl

One of the Regulars
andouta said:
hey gals,
i have one question.....my mother would like to make me a snood, a crochet one....so i would be grateful if some one you could give me some tutorial or pattern how to make a crochet snood

I have this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knitting-Fashions-1940s-Patterns-History/dp/1861268629/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280871386&sr=8-1 which has a really easy knitting pattern for a snood in it. I really recommend it as I'm not a great knitter but I found this really easy! Hope it helps ;)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Belle Fatale said:
So I gave up on the sponge rollers. They just never seemed to dry out all the way, so my curls never stayed in.

I have the same problem. Try a dry set! Works every time for me, and they're much more comfortable to sleep in.

palespider

One of the Regulars
andouta said:
hey gals,

ralvery.com

Rocketblast

One of the Regulars
Jasmine Jolene said:
Rocketblast said:
Big_MG_1211-1.jpg

QUOTE]

totally off topic, but i love your dress Rocketblast! any chance it is from a reasonably priced high street store....? :)

Thanks :) Yes, it is a Next dress, but I don't know how long ago it was in store. I bought mine on ebay and there seem to be quite a few kicking around so keep 'em peeled! Even though it's quite synthetic-y I have got a few compliments in it including old ladies saying it's very authentic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran