Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
MissHannah said:
Had my hair chopped short a few weeks ago and I've been having some trouble getting it to look the way I want as most of it is too short to set. But I got it looking ok yesterday:

4871756667_7eeba2eb6c.jpg

4871758231_3878c97dde.jpg

4871808735_4c980a16af.jpg

4871758469_a6ecb69ae5.jpg
Duck Butt never looked so cool :}

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
baby_butterfly said:
CrazyDaisy
Ladies... Can I ask, do you think a vintage look can be acheived using naturally curly hair?? If so how?? Or do you feel a set is nesscary?? I LOVE my natural curls it has taken me so long to find a routine that works, it wuld be a shame to give it up.

not if you just wear it down. if you pin it back, or roll it something then yes.

i have naturally curly hair myself which i washed and set last night. this was after day 8 8O of a pincurl set which even brushed out still went into ringlets!

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
i have figured out how to post attachments

so be prepared for some pics!
IMAG0016.JPG

hair au naturel
IMGP3885.JPG

not the best pic in the world, but this is blow-dried after washing then dry pin curled. this was day 8 of the set, and the ringlet-curls you can see were brushed out! i think because my hair is naturally curly it just springs into the shape it wants if not constantly heat treated
IMGP3919.JPG

my attempt at finger waves. wet pin curled last night and used pincurl clips to make the waves.
IMGP3388.JPG

foam roller set from blow dried. i normally brush the front up, but here i have swept it to the side into a pincurl which you can't really see. i in fact followed a tutorial that Lolita Haze posted ages ago, the rollers were rolled up not down.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
RockyHorror said:
Photo_00053.jpg

Photo_00052.jpg

this is my look from friday :)

RockyHorror you look adorable, your hair always looks wonderful. Very nice I really enjoy seeing your hair dos, probably because I can never get the straight style to work with my naturally curly locks (I swear I am not complaining.)

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
Miss Hannah, you look mah-va-lous!...very classy!
Thank you for the inspiration....I am actually considering getting a haircut this week...I know I just got it trimmed..but I have to take baby steps before I jump into things when it comes to my hair!

And while we are on the subject.....I was wondering if I should go a touch redder???

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
Grant Fan said:
RockyHorror you look adorable, your hair always looks wonderful. Very nice I really enjoy seeing your hair dos, probably because I can never get the straight style to work with my naturally curly locks (I swear I am not complaining.)
:eek: Thank you very much! What a sweet thing to say! You have incredible hair yourself, you're gorgeous!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Don't get too discouraged BB - it takes time and practise. It may also be that it just needed more brushing out - it can take up to 15 minutes of brushing a pincurl set to get it looking right. Don't give up!

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Had my hair chopped short a few weeks ago and I've been having some trouble getting it to look the way I want as most of it is too short to set. But I got it looking ok yesterday:

4871756667_7eeba2eb6c.jpg

Miss Hannah this is a super brave cut and looks beautiful haha I haven't even been brave enough to post any of my attempts at doing my hair. I love this top photo it is very elegant.

baby_butterfly

One of the Regulars
MissHannah said:
Don't get too discouraged BB - it takes time and practise. It may also be that it just needed more brushing out - it can take up to 15 minutes of brushing a pincurl set to get it looking right. Don't give up!

Thanks, I dont think I brushed enough at all. When I started looking like bonnie tyler circa 1980s I got worried and stopped. Maybe I'll give it another shot soon.

Rocketblast

One of the Regulars
baby_butterfly said:
Thanks, I dont think I brushed enough at all. When I started looking like bonnie tyler circa 1980s I got worried and stopped. Maybe I'll give it another shot soon.
Ha ha, Bonnie Tyler not the look you were going for then?;)
I agree - you definitely have to keep brushing and then I find putting on a little Frizz Ease Finishing Creme and brushing some more helps to get some kind of defined shape.
Can I recommend Fleur's tutorial - although it's for hot sticks she does give good brushing out advice.
http://www.diaryofavintagegirl.com/2009/06/40s-hair-with-hot-sticks-tutorial.html

baby_butterfly

One of the Regulars
Rocketblast said:
Ha ha, Bonnie Tyler not the look you were going for then?;)
I agree - you definitely have to keep brushing and then I find putting on a little Frizz Ease Finishing Creme and brushing some more helps to get some kind of defined shape.
Can I recommend Fleur's tutorial - although it's for hot sticks she does give good brushing out advice.
http://www.diaryofavintagegirl.com/2009/06/40s-hair-with-hot-sticks-tutorial.html

hahah 'fraid not. I went to help in a childrens shop today and didnt want to scare them!! I am saving that look for halloween lol

I dont know if half the problem is I have quite long hair, especially for vintage ( a coupla inches below bsl length) and it is naturally very curly. Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Miss Tuppence said:
oh what a simply wonderful haircut:eek: makes me want to chop mine all off again but alas I'm more of a 30's/40's girl so I like it to be a little longer. Suits you very well btw.

Aw thank you :) It is lovely having such a small amount of hair - very freeing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21