Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Hannah, I think your hair looks really, really nice and suits you to a 'T'.
Probably you just need a little time to get used to it being a bit different than it was and try different techniques.

I'm totally not brave with haircuts. It always ends up the same as it's been for a very long time!

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Miss Hannah, would you mind sharing a bit on how you wrangled your hair into that fabu look? Mine's a similar length, but without a hair band, I just can't seem to keep the front from flopping in my face. If I try to train it backwards, it ends up in a horrific, swoopy feathered Chaci performance. *shudder and gack*

MissHannah

One Too Many
Thanks Amy :) and everybody else who said nice stuff. I've just been feeling a bit 'normal'. The sides and back are too short to pincurl or put in rollers, especially as it's very layered. Luckily I have a bit of natural wave and kink to it so i can get a fair bit of shape and body to it but it's taken me a few weeks of experimenting to get there! Now I know exactly how I want it to look I can let it grow a little and then go back to the hairdresser and get it cut just right.

MissHannah

One Too Many
ThesFlishThngs said:
Miss Hannah, would you mind sharing a bit on how you wrangled your hair into that fabu look? Mine's a similar length, but without a hair band, I just can't seem to keep the front from flopping in my face. If I try to train it backwards, it ends up in a horrific, swoopy feathered Chaci performance. *shudder and gack*

OK, well I put a bit of setting lotion on it when it's wet then I blow dry it upside down to get lift at the roots. Then when it's nearly dry I blow dry it all backwards off my face. I smooth and shape it with a little bit of wax and hairspray and serum.

Lorrel Mae

Familiar Face
MissHannah said:
Had my hair chopped short a few weeks ago and I've been having some trouble getting it to look the way I want as most of it is too short to set. But I got it looking ok yesterday:

4871756667_7eeba2eb6c.jpg

4871758231_3878c97dde.jpg

4871808735_4c980a16af.jpg

4871758469_a6ecb69ae5.jpg

You look like Dovima!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Hannah, I love the new cut and color! I know it's not the same hairstyle at all, but in my mind, it really brings up images of Audrey Hepburn.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
palespider said:
whats a dry set? Just roll your hair dry up in rollers?

Yes, you just roll it dry! Put some setting lotion in dry hair and roll it up. Mine takes curl beautifully this way, as long as I leave it in for abut 6 hours. Would probably take a lot less if I had a bonnet dryer.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
New hair... It has already faded drastically, however I am still in love with it... and will probably go back to wild colors after the wedding I am in. I will be blonde again for the wedding.
4886345355_7e85485f61_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana