Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Rocketblast

One of the Regulars
Oh yes Black Dahlia, add me to the list of super jealous people - you have the perfect 30s hairdo without having to style it! And Lolita Haze you've got the soft but defined curls that I long for (and fab colours)! :eusa_clap

D

Deleted member 12480

sometimes I long for straight hair, but only so it would be easier to sculpt vicotry rolls. mine are *always* frizzy and lumpy. Wish mine went like some of your gals' hair.

Thick + Curly = Impossible and a little too wild to look authentic.

xx

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
Annie, I don’t think you should worry too much about the frizz.
If you look at every day people and even models and actresses they certainly had frizz and a bit of fluff- it was common place! In a funny way I like it as it makes it more authentic. (can I get any more 'it's' in?)
I have to have a perm as I have dead straight hair. I will gladly swap hair! Us girls are never satisfied…. :eusa_doh:
Tups x

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
deleteduser said:
sometimes I long for straight hair, but only so it would be easier to sculpt vicotry rolls. mine are *always* frizzy and lumpy. Wish mine went like some of your gals' hair.

xx

i agree with Miss Tuppence, but i too have very curly hair and prefer the smooth roots look. i tend to blowdry then pin curl from there, i find it looks nicer and also it is easier to style - i get perfect pincurls from the 1st set instead of the third!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Rocketblast said:
Oh yes Black Dahlia, add me to the list of super jealous people - you have the perfect 30s hairdo without having to style it! And Lolita Haze you've got the soft but defined curls that I long for (and fab colours)! :eusa_clap

Thank you Rocketblast! Perhaps I won't look for a new do after all..just get bored with the same old, same old.

X
BD

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
bellabella327... Thank you. I wanted a lot more pink when I did my hair, but I didn't plan it well and got way more blue than I expected. However I do have to say I am surprisingly in love with it! Next time I think I may try for more pink. I love colored hair so much!! I wish more gals would do it!

Miss Scarlet... Hehehe I love it! I actually want to go a deep purple with a blue streak like "Glory" from MLP. I think I will do More pink and blue first, than the purple and blue.

FAYEZY123... Your hair is magnificent!

xitsvivx... You can never go wrong with style!

Lady Jessica... Thanks! I want more pink next time. I think I may have become officially obsessed with colored hair!

SheBear74... Your hair looks wonderful and the flower is the perfect added touch! I can't wait to see more photos of your hair!

Black Dahlia... AH-MAZING!!!

Lillemor... There are some beautifully simple styles for hair from the 20's and 30's. Especially with the bob! You could also "MOD"-ify it and give it a fantastic 60's look as well. That is if you keep getting bobs.

Rocketblast... That was an easy set I did for the day. I spritzed lightly with water, put in my perm rods and sat under the bonnet dryer for about an hour. I then brushed the curls, careful to sculpt brush and not brush OUT the curls. Since I had no product and set my hair for only an hour, it was straight and flat the next day. I have super thick and wiry hair, so some won't even need to set it that long!

Grant Fan

Practically Family
deleteduser said:

xx

Annie I have VERY thick VERY curly hair too. I use a frizz serum from pureology called shine max on the portion before it is going into a roll then I hold the piece straight up and stray it down with Aqua Net. I also comb through just the section the be rolled with my rat tail comb, and I make sure the ends are nice and tame before I roll. Any heavy product like a pal made or anything silicone based will help a lot. Feel free to message me and I can give you a list of the products I use on a regular basis.
Ladies I must day I feel like the odd man out I love my curls. In fact i don't ever straighten them unless my hair dresser wants to o that when i go in for a hair cut. But anyway I love my curls and wouldn't trade them for the world.

*Schatzi*

Familiar Face
New Hair

I lightened up my highlighted hair to an allover bleach. There are still a few lowlights but u get the idea. :) This was just a hot roller set as I ran out of time to do a wet one. I am finally getting the retro set down pat I think.

DSCF3318.jpg

DSCF3319.jpg

DSCF3327.jpg

Sorry for the gimungo size. lol Not sure why they are so big.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Lillemor... There are some beautifully simple styles for hair from the 20's and 30's. Especially with the bob! You could also "MOD"-ify it and give it a fantastic 60's look as well. That is if you keep getting bobs

Thanks LolitaHaze, and I'm hoping it's long enough to use small rollers on the ends if I feel for a 50s look. I've seen ladies on youtube demonstrate faux rolls on similar length, blunt cut bobs. So there's still hope for me.;)

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
Grant Fan said:
Ladies I must day I feel like the odd man out I love my curls. In fact i don't ever straighten them unless my hair dresser wants to o that when i go in for a hair cut. But anyway I love my curls and wouldn't trade them for the world.

I love my curls as well! i just find my hair is easier to manage when it is blowdried first - it takes such a long time to dry when wet set, i don't have time to do it before 6pm so it is dry by 7am for work. i literally can't remember the last time i had straight hair - i do remember it looked really weird!

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
*Schatzi* said:
I lightened up my highlighted hair to an allover bleach. There are still a few lowlights but u get the idea. :) This was just a hot roller set as I ran out of time to do a wet one. I am finally getting the retro set down pat I think.

DSCF3318.jpg

Sorry for the gimungo size. lol Not sure why they are so big.

You look super cute!!! I am having size issues too on my post.:eusa_doh: ;)

*Schatzi*

Familiar Face
Thanks guys! I'm pretty sure I know what I did wrong in the sizing department. So, I will make the pics smaller next time. :) U all have such lovely hair. I am still trying to get used to the lighter colour and shorter length.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21