Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

BoPeep

Practically Family
I couldn't ever pull off Betty bangs either, Lenore. Enroll me in that Cowlick Club! lol Very lovely on you, Antje. Looks like you cut off some length, too?

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I havent done my hair in so long and I am not sure how long this will last as it is soooo hot and humid. I set the front with bobbie pins and I curled the rest with a curling iron. I can't do a wet set because my hair never dries and is frizzy. next time I try it I'll use wave clips but I decided to do this on a whim. My hair is super dark put I am hoping you can see the waves.
0a67d3baab32.jpg
8f4a5e2a17e1.jpg

49650806829a.jpg
cf9d7f94bae9.jpg

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
Thanks Antje and Kamikat. I am insanley proud of how the waves turned out as it was my first attempt.

Those waves are you!! Great job!!! I have a friend whose hair just seems to fingerwave perfectly like it is her natural state of her hair. So jealous.

My hair is so straight I almost feel like Betty Page is about the only thing I can pull off on a daily basis but it gets dull having the same hair besides I wanted more of 40's style so I keep trying for those curls.

MissHannah

One Too Many
I can't believe they are your first attempt Deadpan - they look really professional.

My hair is just long enough to set again so I did a dry-set overnight and got this:

4926627676_aae607157e_z.jpg

4926627844_8b284abcf7_z.jpg

I lightened them so you can see the curls. Also, you can just about the grey streak I am cultivating at the front in the parting.

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
MissHannah that looks so nice! Do you mind saying if you did pin curls or rollers? We're about the same length and mine hasn't looked that good yet!

I use rollers and just roll down and back and I get a lot of body but not really any curls unless I mess with it and pin it and spray it and pray for it and etc etc etc :p

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
I did a set of pincurls last night in random order and they turned out quite nice and without fuzz considering the lack of order - needless to say I wont be able to remember the order when it comes to doing the same set again, its quite fun to experiment though!

IMG_5191.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
MissHannah said:
I can't believe they are your first attempt Deadpan - they look really professional.

My hair is just long enough to set again so I did a dry-set overnight and got this:

4926627676_aae607157e_z.jpg

4926627844_8b284abcf7_z.jpg

I lightened them so you can see the curls. Also, you can just about the grey streak I am cultivating at the front in the parting.

Gorgeous! And look at your brows..pristine.

X
BD

MissHannah

One Too Many
Christi.adell said:
MissHannah that looks so nice! Do you mind saying if you did pin curls or rollers? We're about the same length and mine hasn't looked that good yet!

I use rollers and just roll down and back and I get a lot of body but not really any curls unless I mess with it and pin it and spray it and pray for it and etc etc etc :p

Thanks all!

I used velcro rollers on the top and down the back and flat pincurls on the sides (this makes it comfier for sleeping!). I used 20mm rollers on the top, graduating down through 15mm to 9mm at the bottom of my hair at the back where it is shortest. Some bits were still too short at the very bottom and I curled those quickly with a very small curling iron in the morning.

I'm so into the grey. I'm trying to cultivate a proper streak but it's taking ages for the dye to grow out on that one patch (I'm still dyeing the rest of it) so may get my hairdresser to strip out what's left of the red permanent dye I used before I went brunette.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
MissHannah said:
I'm so into the grey. I'm trying to cultivate a proper streak but it's taking ages for the dye to grow out on that one patch (I'm still dyeing the rest of it) so may get my hairdresser to strip out what's left of the red permanent dye I used before I went brunette.

My mother in law had the grey streak in front until about 3 years ago. It looks so chic!

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
bettydarling said:
I did a set of pincurls last night in random order and they turned out quite nice and without fuzz considering the lack of order - needless to say I wont be able to remember the order when it comes to doing the same set again, its quite fun to experiment though!

IMG_5191.jpg

Bettydarling it looks adorable!!!! I think if you do it once you could do it up again.

Now am kicking myself for not setting hair last night.;)

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
MissHannah said:
Thanks all!

I used velcro rollers on the top and down the back and flat pincurls on the sides (this makes it comfier for sleeping!). I used 20mm rollers on the top, graduating down through 15mm to 9mm at the bottom of my hair at the back where it is shortest. Some bits were still too short at the very bottom and I curled those quickly with a very small curling iron in the morning.

Thanks for the details! I'll have to give that a try.

Grey streaks are fabulous. If I were you I'd go to the hairdressers to see what she could do. Since your hair is so short it shouldn't be too hard to get it done and to me that would be much better than waiting. But I'm impaitient. :)

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
deadpandiva said:
I havent done my hair in so long and I am not sure how long this will last as it is soooo hot and humid. I set the front with bobbie pins and I curled the rest with a curling iron. I can't do a wet set because my hair never dries and is frizzy. next time I try it I'll use wave clips but I decided to do this on a whim. My hair is super dark put I am hoping you can see the waves.
0a67d3baab32.jpg
8f4a5e2a17e1.jpg

49650806829a.jpg
cf9d7f94bae9.jpg

DeadpanDiva! I get so excited when you post things, You have great style and your face is so classic like a little doll. :) The waves are perfection! I wish I could get some decent ones on myself!

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
I've come to a pause with my hair.

LaFemme.jpg

is my go to. I think I'm so comfy with this style that I don't want to change it up.. and anything out of my face I feel makes my head huge looking! But sometimes I feel it's bland.

I've really been lusting some bangs....1960s bangs.... not really my style so I'm wondering if it would be a mistake cutting them. I really like how they look on Francoise Hardy.

stripes.jpg

Do any of you other ladies have these bangs and if so.. how do you style them for your 40s-50s looks?

D

Deleted member 12480

Grant Fan said:
Annie I have VERY thick VERY curly hair too. I use a frizz serum from pureology called shine max on the portion before it is going into a roll then I hold the piece straight up and stray it down with Aqua Net. I also comb through just the section the be rolled with my rat tail comb, and I make sure the ends are nice and tame before I roll. Any heavy product like a pal made or anything silicone based will help a lot. Feel free to message me and I can give you a list of the products I use on a regular basis.
Ladies I must day I feel like the odd man out I love my curls. In fact i don't ever straighten them unless my hair dresser wants to o that when i go in for a hair cut. But anyway I love my curls and wouldn't trade them for the world.

oh, i love my curls too, I sometimes wish they were a little 'sleeker' is all. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot