Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
54u6wy.jpg

102qvlz.jpg

What lippie is that you are wearing? It looks great on you!

rue

Okay, Kamikat's gorgeous new hairdo inspired me (on the middy thread) to do something else with my bangs, although my hair doesn't look a thing like hers does (I wish). I'm just not feeling the Bettie bangs on me. I think it makes me look like a bowling ball head lol So I pushed them to the side with the hopes they will make me look less circular ;)

What do you think? Does it look stupid?....

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

I got a picture of the back too since I was pretty proud of how it turned out :eek:
IMG_0558.jpg

Oh and I have to ask... Does anyone else feel like an idiot taking 500 pictures of themselves?? lol

Last edited:

SheBear74

Practically Family
Rue! Lol you don't look like a bowling ball head with your Betty bangs! I really like them on you! I think you look great with/without/ and side swept. That's one thing I love about bangs you can do them in so many different ways. ;) You hair looks amazing btw, love how the back looks and can't wait till mine is longer!

SheBear74

Practically Family
These pics of you and your sons are adorable. I have 4 boys....and am so happy to have the love boys give their mothers. That bond is so amazing between a mom and her son. You can see that in your pics!:kiss:

That's so sweet of you to say! I consider myself very blessed! I love my boys more than words can say,they are such a joy :) Here's to team blue! ;)

rue

Rue! Lol you don't look like a bowling ball head with your Betty bangs! I really like them on you! I think you look great with/without/ and side swept. That's one thing I love about bangs you can do them in so many different ways. ;) You hair looks amazing btw, love how the back looks and can't wait till mine is longer!

Thank you SheBear :D I'm such an insecure person and my evil sister-in-law doesn't help because she loves to take horrible pictures of me and post them on facebook, like she did after Christmas :rolleyes: I'd show you the picture, but I don't want to scare anyone lol

Thank you though, you made me feel much better :)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Rue, I use a pivot set to get the side wave in my bang. I've done it with small hot rollers, tiny curling iron and blue or orange (depending on length) magnetic rollers. It uses 3 rollers, the center one, directly above your nose. Part the bang on the side and roll them from the part toward the ear. On the top of the head, the rollers should look like this \I/ (the I being the center roller) Does this make sense? If not, I can take a picture the next time I set my hair.

rue

Rue, I use a pivot set to get the side wave in my bang. I've done it with small hot rollers, tiny curling iron and blue or orange (depending on length) magnetic rollers. It uses 3 rollers, the center one, directly above your nose. Part the bang on the side and roll them from the part toward the ear. On the top of the head, the rollers should look like this \I/ (the I being the center roller) Does this make sense? If not, I can take a picture the next time I set my hair.

You are fabulous Kamikat! Thank you!! I understand exactly what you're saying and as soon as they grow a bit I'll try it :)

PS I wanted to put your picture on here, but didn't want you to think I was stealing ;)

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Rue, your hair looks lovely!

Antje: Your hair is stunning! Very inspiring.

I tried to set my hair for the first time lastnight but ended up taking the rollers out before I went to bed because they were too uncomfortable to sleep on. I was going to do pin curls, however I need a LOT more practise :)

Berlin

Practically Family
Okay, Kamikat's gorgeous new hairdo inspired me (on the middy thread) to do something else with my bangs, although my hair doesn't look a thing like hers does (I wish). I'm just not feeling the Bettie bangs on me. I think it makes me look like a bowling ball head lol So I pushed them to the side with the hopes they will make me look less circular ;)

What do you think? Does it look stupid?....

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

I got a picture of the back too since I was pretty proud of how it turned out :eek:
IMG_0558.jpg

Oh and I have to ask... Does anyone else feel like an idiot taking 500 pictures of themselves?? lol

I love your hairdo! Very polished...and...I am jealous of your blue eyes!!

rue

Rue, your hair looks lovely!

Antje: Your hair is stunning! Very inspiring.

I tried to set my hair for the first time lastnight but ended up taking the rollers out before I went to bed because they were too uncomfortable to sleep on. I was going to do pin curls, however I need a LOT more practise :)

I set mine in the morning. I can't bring myself to sleep in them either :(

BoPeep

Practically Family
Rue - Yes, we all feel ridiculous taking those awkward, over-the-shoulder bathroom shots trying to get the best lighting on our heads! :D I usually like what I see in the mirror, but somehow the camera just never quite catches it right.

So here's my middy which is finally growing out into a better length for my tastes. This is my usual pin curl set. (my daughter's artwork in the background)

IMG_3561.jpg
IMG_3560.jpg

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Rue - Yes, we all feel ridiculous taking those awkward, over-the-shoulder bathroom shots trying to get the best lighting on our heads! :D I usually like what I see in the mirror, but somehow the camera just never quite catches it right.

So here's my middy which is finally growing out into a better length for my tastes. This is my usual pin curl set. (my daughter's artwork in the background)

IMG_3561.jpg
IMG_3560.jpg

Very cute Boo Peep but next time hang the art up a little higher so I can get a better look ;)

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
BoPeep, what cute curls. I love the one in the front.

I love this thread, and like seeing all the styles. Is there a thread that shows what pattern everyone sets their rollers/pin curls in?

I'm having a hair don't day though, and I blame it on the way I set my hair last night. I can't ever seem to get what I want. Having naturally super-curly hair, I completely missed the part in a girl's teen years where she learns how to roll hair, style hair, do-anything-with-hair from her friends or female family members. Where can I go to find ideas?

Tatum

Practically Family

IMG_3561.jpg
IMG_3560.jpg

That is beautiful! I wish I could get mine to do something like that, I think it is too thick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran