Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Front%201.jpg

Your hair looks lovely, and you have such beautiful eyes.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Laura, your hair is GORGEOUS! You did a fabulous job! The only advice I can offer is, to keep doing the cute curls up top.. or do the wae thing you got going on maybe with a pincurl on the side and a cute bobby pin? Until your bangs grow as long as you need them too. What you have going on right now, is just awesome! If the long part of the bang bugs.. you could always do the pomp-ish wave in front and pin up the extra with a flower! Really though, it's perfect as is!! :D

SerenityAshes

Familiar Face
wow Burlesque... I really love your hair :)

listen girls... can you help me out with the photobucket.. i'm new at it.. which url i have to copy in here in order to 'upload' pics?

SerenityAshes

Familiar Face
Laura Chase said:
Right now, what I find the most difficult is doing my pomp, since my fringe is still very short... I will be a very happy gal once my fringe reaches the desired 4 inch length!

So right now, when I need my pomp to be decent, I have to use lots of pins, and even then it's not very nice because the pins show because I don't have that much hair in the front where it's only about 2 inch long where it's longest, and maybe only half an inch at the sides (I had a U shaped fringe)... Really frustrating. You can see how short it is in picture 4 and 5 below.

Do any of you have this problem and if so, how do you deal with it while the hair is growing?

Most of the time I make a small arrangement of curls on top, as in my avatar picture. This time I tried a pomp, but it failed (see picture 1) so I had to improvise and pin it. I'm wearing a sleeping hair net (picture 2 and 3), love the look of those, and my curls last much longer when I wear them.

Front%201.jpg

Nape%201.jpg

Nape%202.jpg

Side.jpg

Side%202.jpg

Can you please tell me what's called that net that you put in your hair? From where can i buy one? I wanted one which is a bit thick so i can wear it outside

SerenityAshes

Familiar Face
My 1st Attempt!

This was my first attempt for the roll, erm.. sorry for that red thingy on top, it was nicer than it looks on the pic, I clipped a red extention and it came really nice.. for the first attempt that is! :)

mesara.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
CurlyMemsn.jpg

That is a fierce photo -- you look fantastic!

Thanks for the thermal waving post too, that's one of the best explainations I've seen.

wannabe40sgirl

New in Town
Serenity and Johanna, both of you gals' hair looks great!!! how did you two get your curls?

Serenity, I love that by step of the fingerwaves with the hot iron, I'd love to attempt to do my hair like that!! Thanks for sharing that!!

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Hey ladies,
I was feeling especially ambitious this morning and decided to try something new with my hair. I'm not sure of its vintage authenticity but I thought it was rather interesting. I should have taken a photograph or two before I left the house but I guess these pictures will do.

Front View
101hair.jpg

Side view (imagine this a bit tidier and less windblown looking)
101hairII.jpg

ShortClara

One Too Many
ClaraB said:
Front View
101hair.jpg

Side view (imagine this a bit tidier and less windblown looking)
101hairII.jpg

I LOVE this! Fabulous curl towards the front! I want to master this kind of thing, as enormous rolls are too hard for me in the morning and a little too giant for everyday wear, just for me :) not for the rest of you lovely ladies.

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
ShortClara said:
I LOVE this! Fabulous curl towards the front! I want to master this kind of thing, as enormous rolls are too hard for me in the morning and a little too giant for everyday wear, just for me :) not for the rest of you lovely ladies.

Enormous rolls are a bit of a problem for me too. I honestly can't get real rolls to look good and I don't think they really suit me either so I've opted for this bunch of mini pseudo rolls. Generally I just follow the pre established curl from my set- the rolls are basically enormous flat pin curls with some height to them and the best part is they take only seconds to do.
ShortClara- if you come up with something great you'll of course have to share!

I love seeing how creative and talented all you ladies are!!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn