Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Kimberly

Practically Family
Lolita, as usual LOVELY!!

I was able to get a reverse roll in today thanks for my trusty electric rollers. I just rolled it the opposite way put in hairspray and let my hair set for 20 minutes and voilla! I am so grateful for electric rollers!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hey Lo, I love the hair. It's still pretty and wavey! OMG, I gotta get me some pansies! Ca-yute! Is that Pink next to ya?

Kimberly you're teasing us not taking a pic of your roll today!!

Goldwyn, watch out those prenatals are HORSE pills, (meaning they're huge,lol!) I don't want my hair to grow fast, I hate having to do my roots as it is, ha!

Ruby your hair looks terrific and like you said, it will be nice and easy while your son is young. He's a cutie pie! Stick a flower in it and be done for now! ;)

Nikki

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I also want to grow it back rubyredlocks!!!

m_PICT0132.jpg

This was my hair 8 months ago, before I cut it into a bob (which I also like very much) . I'm thinking of letting it grow again, perhaps a little bit longer. Heaven knows if I'll be able to resist temptation and chop it all off again lol but I'll try.
(please forgive the quality of the photo)

Little Dashiell is sweet rubyredlocks :D You must be a very proud mom!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:
Just more of the same with me and my Hot Sticks! But I really like how it came out this time:

2007-06-01010.jpg

2007-06-01007.jpg

Pigeontoe, your hair looks amazing! I love the wave at the front.

Bonnie Jean - thank you for posting your tutorial, it's very helpful!

You ladies get such fabulous results with hot sticks but since my hair doesn't react to heat very well (hot roller curls last 20 minutes before dropping out) I doubt they would work on me. It's a shame because you don't always have the time to set your hair overnight.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
rubyredlocks said:
Lol!
Seriously,I need someone to talk me out of my once a year short do.I do this every year,just to turn around and wish that I'd left it long.

So,here I am again and wanting to grow it back out already,even Dashiell looks confused.
47b7d823b3127cce84e6bed9279e00000006109AbOXLFk0bS
Lol, I know what you mean!! I feal like that every time I recut my hair!! Even when I know it's for the best, like the last time.
But your pixi cut is so cute, at least you have a good stylist!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Lolita-Prenatal's are great!They also make some fabulous vitamins specifically designed for hair,skin,and nails.They are called Nature's Bounty or Nature's Wealth and will say "for hair,skin,and nails" on the packaging.

Ohairas-Thanks so much!I never think of wearing a flower in shorter hair.What would be the best placement?It is easier and looks great with anything that has a late 50s/early 60s style and I love it when I'm wearing something very Auderyish,but hate it when I'm dressed more 40s.I guess for me I identify my 40s look with bouncier waves.

Hadley and Faythe-Maybe we should start our own support group?lol
Hmmmm...but what would we call ourselves?
I've pretty much had the same pattern since 1988.I'm not sure if I'm growing it out so I can cut it off,or cutting it off so I can grow it out.[huh] At least it seems to grow at a reasonable speed.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Lo-Forgot to tell you that I love your hair and I think the relaxed waves look very 40s,like Veronica Lake when she had a makeover and her hair was put into rolls in the front.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Pink you look so dang cute in that bonnet dryer!

Ruby, I guess some sort of flower that is rather small and more flat? Maybe put it in on your left side... you could even tuck the hair behind your hear there. Play around with it!

BTW, Pink.. where do you find the actual metal clips you glued to your flowers? If you got those at Michaels, which section?
Nikki

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
rubyredlocks said:
Lol!
Seriously,I need someone to talk me out of my once a year short do.I do this every year,just to turn around and wish that I'd left it long.

So,here I am again and wanting to grow it back out already,even Dashiell looks confused.
47b7d823b3127cce84e6bed9279e00000006109AbOXLFk0bS

I know it is short, but I think your hair is really cute! I love that cut. I used to wear mine quite short and I just loved it. Seriously, you look adorable. (Oh yeah, and the baby's cute too.) LOL!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Day 4 - still getting same 'do'

OK, I've been able to get mostly the same hairstyle for 4 days now. And putting up my "tutorial" has really helped ingrain the curler layout in my brain! I think I've finally found "my look".

hair_day_4.JPG

The pictures you ladies have been posting look lovely!
I think we ought to give ourselves all a hand :eusa_clap because we're improving our hairstyle techniques!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Fortworthgal-It's one of the easiest styles to fix and with a little personalization can be a very wearable look for many,so that makes it one of favorite do's to cut.I especially like it on redheads and brunettes,so I'm sure you pulled off the look very well.

Ladies-Thanks so much for all the compliments.I am missing that long hair less and less now.

I think being a hairstylist makes me a bit neurotic about how I wear my hair.(Nikki-Do you relate?)
It's the decision making process that's the worse part for me.Plus,I think I'm addicted to change.I revamp my look almost seasonally.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
:eek:fftopic: Ah hah...I've finially placed it....Ruby I've been trying to think of who you remind me of, it's the mom from the Suite Life of Zach and Cody! My 8 yo has a crush on the Sprouse brothers so it's on all the time!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Pink Dahlia said:
Nikki
They're just metal barrettes. You can buy them anywhere.

2006_0321_InCite_126.jpg

Oh! I thought you had used those *roach clip* type things.. (I don't know what they're really called, sorry, lol!)

Ruby I'm weird as far as being a stylist. I've never been one to change my hair often, color or style. I think as I get more grey over the years I'll do more to it tho, I really envy your haircut and those who change their do's a lot but I'm so "secure" with my long hair right now, ha! And trust me, I really am lazy so I would have to have something really short like yours, or long like mine to put up. In between take to darn long to fix for me!

Bonnie you've got it girl! I wanna get some of those sticks this week.

Nikki

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
If you ladies don't mind a gentlemen's opinion, all of your hair do's are amazing. I find vintage ladies hair do's faciniating. I was working on a movie and wanted to find out how to give the actresse's hair do's like this but didn't know where to look. I found out about Daniela Turudich's books, but saw how much they cost and tried another direction. The movie was never made but I still have an interest in those hair do's. I don't know how they are done but completed they're amazing to look at. Same with pomadours and more descriptive male hair do's. Not just flat, more complex with waves and such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112