Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Dracca said:
everyday hair

daylook.jpg

Very nice, love the color!

Dracca

One of the Regulars
ClaraB said:
Very nice, love the color!
Thanks! I just did taht this week, to go a bit darker for fall. I have been blond for years, so it's a bit of an adjustment for me still. :)

LadyStardust

Practically Family
I can hardly focus on the hair...

Because, Miss 1940's, you look SO much like Vivien Leigh, it's unreal!:) But the hair is lovely too. :)

ShortClara

One Too Many
All you ladies are lovely! I can't wait until I can get a great U cut and then really be able to play with the hair! Right now it's got a few shorter pieces in front, but it's mostly all one layer and that makes it so hard to do anything vintagey.

SerenityAshes

Familiar Face
Madalene Laurae said:
Thanks for the input everyone. I need to make a trip to the beauty store and quit drooling over dresses on Ebay.......evil, evil website!

Oh God.. I know what you mean.. Is there any associations to help you cure this addiction that I have for Ebay?!! To make things worse it seems that I'm pretty lucky on finding really nice stuff there :eek: But it's not helping my pocket at all :eusa_doh:

SerenityAshes

Familiar Face
Waves

Listen, I've been thinking about the thing which you guys suggested me to have waves like Veronice Lake or Dita Von Teese... when you say "brush the curls".. should I brush my hair in parts or all at once? I'm assuming that medium sized rollers should work best, not very small coz I think i'll end up looking like a poodle lol

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
zaika said:

Zaika, i really like your haircut - both pincurled and in the natural hair pics. If you don't mind, I think I'm going to take your picture and show it to my hairdresser on Saturday. My hair is the same length, but I'm trying to grow it out and the layers need some help right now.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
~*Red*~ said:
Thanks ladies for the wonderful compliments!
Yes, my hair is very thick, and the layering helps. It's also why I really like to use the Royal Crown hair dressing. It controls my frizz, adds shine, and will tame the curl if it's too curly. Not alot mind you, but it does work, without the sticky or dryness of hairspray.

You may want to try the above method with VO5 hairdressing. I bought some after Bonniejean recommeded it and it works the same way. Royal Crown is a little too greasy for my hair, but a dab of VO5 seems to do the trick.

Dracca

One of the Regulars
BeBopBaby said:
You may want to try the above method with VO5 hairdressing. I bought some after Bonniejean recommeded it and it works the same way. Royal Crown is a little too greasy for my hair, but a dab of VO5 seems to do the trick.

I have a question. I bought some V05 this week and I have pretty fine hair, have to wash it at least every other day to get decent body then hot rool it for body to set it and go back in with a curling iron to get it styled where I want the curles, etc. I usually just go over my hair toward the end with a tiny touch of biosilk for shine and flyaways but I am looking for something that will help the shine all the way through my hair (not just the outside) yet not weight it down. What should I use to do this? I tried putting a light layer of the V05 for fine hair instead of my light hold before the hot rollers, instead of the conditioning mousse befor I rolled. But I guess I got too much (or maybe just the lack of mousse made it not hold well, it was not greasy, just didn't curl well or hold the curl). Has anyone tried BOTH a little light hold mouse you can brush through after the rolls are out AND V05 mixed in with the mousse? Or what would someone recommend? Obviously I can try the above and see how it goes but maybe someone knows of a trick that would do what I am looking for?

I have only done pincurls once and I ended up looking like Ronald McDonald on 14 cups of coffee the next morning. :eek: I am totally trying these again. I also bought some pantene texture and define shining palmade stuff but it is so think I have a real hard time working with it and again with none of at least the light hold mousse, my hair just goes flat and linp and I don'e get the body or at least thickened up wave as a base before I go in with the curling iron...then the curling iron won't hold well either unless I put a LOT of very stiff hairspray in if the hot rollers first step does not work right.

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
Dracca, for non-sticky, non-greasy shine try a shine spray like matrix reflective shine spray, I think there's others called 100% shine and another in the Frizz ease line.
I've tried a few different brands and they're all about the same but work great to add shine to dull hair and they're very light weight and easy to spray evenly.

Dracca

One of the Regulars
ssubialdea said:
Dracca, for non-sticky, non-greasy shine try a shine spray like matrix reflective shine spray, I think there's others called 100% shine and another in the Frizz ease line.
I've tried a few different brands and they're all about the same but work great to add shine to dull hair and they're very light weight and easy to spray evenly.

Thanks I will try that! Here is what I was talking about, when I do NO mousse and only the v05 (before rolling in hot rolls) I can get body still but the curl just won't hold (as defined holding individual curls) after when I go back with the curling iron. That poofy side is the no mousse but v05 only side.

hair.jpg

So the spray, do I just do as a finish and mist over my full hair after it is set? I do NOT rub that through my whole hair before styling with the curling iron even but after hot rolls are out? As I said the biosilk is beautiful shine but it also makes the curls too limp.

And one more question on the shine sprays, you said they are light but do they leave your hair "stiff" like a hairsrpay does? In the sesert the wind can be bad, bad, bad on hair tha tis too hairsprayed, it still blows apart quite often in desert winds then you get the problem with brushing through a lot of stiff spray and breakage if you have to do it too often with a heavy set in lace style.

zaika

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
Zaika, i really like your haircut - both pincurled and in the natural hair pics. If you don't mind, I think I'm going to take your picture and show it to my hairdresser on Saturday. My hair is the same length, but I'm trying to grow it out and the layers need some help right now.

sure, go ahead! it's a great hair cut. i have a bit of a natural wave in my hair, so the layers really give my hair body when it's not curled.

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
Dracca said:
Thanks I will try that! Here is what I was talking about, when I do NO mousse and only the v05 (before rolling in hot rolls) I can get body still but the curl just won't hold (as defined holding individual curls) after when I go back with the curling iron. That poofy side is the no mousse but v05 only side.

hair.jpg

So the spray, do I just do as a finish and mist over my full hair after it is set? I do NOT rub that through my whole hair before styling with the curling iron even but after hot rolls are out? As I said the biosilk is beautiful shine but it also makes the curls too limp.

And one more question on the shine sprays, you said they are light but do they leave your hair "stiff" like a hairsrpay does? In the sesert the wind can be bad, bad, bad on hair tha tis too hairsprayed, it still blows apart quite often in desert winds then you get the problem with brushing through a lot of stiff spray and breakage if you have to do it too often with a heavy set in lace style.

Yes, use it as a finishing spray. I don't normaly need it immediately after a set, but its great on day 2 or 3 when my hair starts to look dull. It won't make your hair stiff at all (which is nice) Try using it during your brush through routine (if you brush out the curls), I bet that would work well to help distribute it. It will work fine too if you just spray evenly after you've styled your hair how you want it, let me know how it works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo