Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Midgard said:
OMG! You look sooo stunning! And you have some awesome facial features like a classic beauty!

(I'm new here and normally I'm only a lurker, but I had to post after seeing this picture!)

Diana

I agree. You do look a lot like Sherilyn Fenn too. Those eyes!

PS

A-List Customer
Wow you used the Remington Rag curlers! How long did you set it for? I just assumed it was an overnight set.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
I can't get along with them, Remington Rag Rollers. Ibought some for £20 ($40?) and they do nothing for me. I on;t think they get hot enough.
If any UK gals want them I'm willing to give them away they are so pants!!!:( K

Lil' Miss A

Familiar Face
Audrey...your hair looks lovely.

Do the curls stay in long though?

I tend to use setting lotion and sleep in them, otherwise the curls tend to fall out quickly.

I used to have some heated rollers and found them to be pants...id have lovely curls for all of 30 mins lol so i get where Kitty is coming from on that one.

Did you use any form of setting lotion to get a lasting hold?

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Kitty_Sheridan said:
I can't get along with them, Remington Rag Rollers. Ibought some for £20 ($40?) and they do nothing for me. I on;t think they get hot enough.
If any UK gals want them I'm willing to give them away they are so pants!!!:( K

I've been wanting to try them but I think I need to accept that hot methods just don't work on me at all. How much would you want for them?

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Lil' Miss A said:
Audrey...your hair looks lovely.

Do the curls stay in long though?

I tend to use setting lotion and sleep in them, otherwise the curls tend to fall out quickly.

I used to have some heated rollers and found them to be pants...id have lovely curls for all of 30 mins lol so i get where Kitty is coming from on that one.

Did you use any form of setting lotion to get a lasting hold?

Thank you! I left them in for about an hour and a half, and quickly blasted them with a hair dryer just before taking them out. Unfortunately I didn't really get to see how they would have held up. I went out that night and it was incredibly windy so the curls got blown all around. However, I didn't wash them out and some still remained after sleeping on them with nothing covering them. I'll have to try it again to see about longevity under normal conditions.

I used Lotta Body setting lotion, then sprayed the sections with Pantene Sheer Volume hairspray (nice and light). I smoothed out each section before rolling it. I hope that helps :) I do agree that the Remington don't get very hot at all so I just left them in a little longer to compensate.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Audrey Horne said:
Thanks ladies! I used Remington rag rollers (heated). I sprayed the sections with Lotta Body and hairspray before I rolled them. I brushed it out with a round brush but I did it pretty gently because I was afraid of brushing them away completely. I'm such a dork I actually took pictures of the setting in case anyone has tips for me for next time:

2154479305_6729c40857_m.jpg

2155275004_8c5cd8e31f_m.jpg

Wow.....I need to get some Heated Rag Rollers!!! I love the end result!!! BEAUTIFUL!

lauwalton

New in Town
Hey ladies- I'm new here. Just thought I'd say I Love your hair styles! I'm horrible with hair- if you have any tips let me know. I just got into the vintage look so I need all the help I can get. I adore the 40's and early 50's!

Lauren

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Just P&P SaraLou,
Do you want me to find out how much it would cost?
K

i realise that SaraLou has dibbs on them, but if she ends up not having them i could give them a good home!

i have some but they are so overused they have fallen apart.
they're the best thing i've ever used. apart from pincurling.

as a side note- if you put them on for 45 mins as opposed to the 30 mins they suggest they're just right, heat wise. and they work best with a few sprays of setting lotion.

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
Lil' Miss A said:
Thanks for the nice comments and thanks to everyone else.
I do WW2 re-enactment, but this was my outfit for my sister-in-laws wedding lol.

I use sponge rollers for my hair and Amami setting lotion on damp hair before i put it in the rollers. I put them in in the evening and sleep in them, they are really comfy.

I make sure i have a side parting for this style.

I don't put them in neat rows, so i don't know how many rows i actually create. I simply create a first row from the top of my head on one side and work my way round.

As for the fringe (wave) i simply use a small velcro rollers and curl the hair under. Once the hair is dry i then gently comb it through and it creates the perfect wave :)

ah. right. i tend to do the same as you (non neat rows) but i use remmington rag rollers overnight or for at least a few hours. otherwise it's the foam sticks and they are not the most fun to sleep in. i've tried foam rollers overnight many times but they just really, really hurt. what type do you use- being as they are so comfy? ;)

i'm with you one the side parting. i feel wrong if i have a centre one!
if you have any pics of you in your rollers, please post them... i've been trying so hard to get my fringe just right but it never works.

xxxx

jenny_dreadful

Familiar Face
Here is my attempt:

jennyhair.jpg

I used sponge rollers with some sort of setting spray gel (the brand was Enjoy), which I have tried again since. It seems to last a couple of days. I'd like to do something more ornate, but my hair is very long and of one length, and I haven't a clue what to do with my bangs!

kerouacgrl

New in Town
Jenny....your curls look lovely. All the ladies here do such an amazing job with their hair.....inspires me to stop being lazy and practice, practice, practice.

Drea

New in Town
jenny_dreadful said:
Here is my attempt:

jennyhair.jpg

I used sponge rollers with some sort of setting spray gel (the brand was Enjoy), which I have tried again since. It seems to last a couple of days. I'd like to do something more ornate, but my hair is very long and of one length, and I haven't a clue what to do with my bangs!

Wow your curls look wonderful!!!!! as for your bangs.. I would just round them out.. with the length of your hair and your face shape I think "betty bangs" would look really good on you :)

Lil' Miss A

Familiar Face
sophia la shok said:
ah. right. i tend to do the same as you (non neat rows) but i use remmington rag rollers overnight or for at least a few hours. otherwise it's the foam sticks and they are not the most fun to sleep in. i've tried foam rollers overnight many times but they just really, really hurt. what type do you use- being as they are so comfy? ;)
xxxx

I get them from Wilkinsons, 5 in a pack for 79p :)

Softish plastic and foam, they dont hurt anywhere near as much as anything else i've tried :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner