Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

MJistheBOMB

New in Town
My Rockabilly bangs...

Hello everyone! I introduced myself once on here a few years ago! LOL. I've been lurking on the board off and on since I joined looking at all your gorgeous pictures wishing I could pull off those beautiful vintage looks.

Well anyway, right now, my hair is in braids (extentions) and I experimented with my bangs this morning and came up with this....

l_d7e7ef1ccd870d2bf23724c1963f92eb.jpg

here's a colored picture...

l_a06d866abe0082f6b237e0ace8fd7faf.jpg

I'll just call it a "Rockabilly look" because honetly, I don't know as much as you all do about what is vintage 30s, 40s, 50s, etc. and what's not LOL. Can't wait to learn more! I definetly plan on giving my style an upgrade a.s.a.p. and I say, the more vintage I can get, the better. It looks more fun and beautiful after all :)

Take care everyone :)

Monique

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
goldwyn girl said:
Miss Neecerie, very pretty. Have you gone red ??

Hehe....funny that pic got re-commented on right after I went dark brown. I have been various shades of red for -ages- now and was just wanting to change things...of course the red is now -peeking- through so its turning mahogany as we speak.

Its also back in a shorter bob with bangs again...I have a job interview in a week and I am far less hair-klutzy when its shorter.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Monique, I think it turned out nice:) You ladies raise my hopes that at least for special occasions or when I have better time, it will be possible to make even my poker straight hair manageable.

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
MJistheBOMB said:
Hello everyone! I introduced myself once on here a few years ago! LOL. I've been lurking on the board off and on since I joined looking at all your gorgeous pictures wishing I could pull off those beautiful vintage looks.

Well anyway, right now, my hair is in braids (extentions) and I experimented with my bangs this morning and came up with this....

l_d7e7ef1ccd870d2bf23724c1963f92eb.jpg

here's a colored picture...

l_a06d866abe0082f6b237e0ace8fd7faf.jpg

I'll just call it a "Rockabilly look" because honetly, I don't know as much as you all do about what is vintage 30s, 40s, 50s, etc. and what's not LOL. Can't wait to learn more! I definetly plan on giving my style an upgrade a.s.a.p. and I say, the more vintage I can get, the better. It looks more fun and beautiful after all :)

Take care everyone :)

Monique

Your hair looks really cute, I'm like you still learning the how to's from all the wonderful ladies here. Hope to see more of what you can do :)

lillielil

Familiar Face
I have a new, much shorter haircut and I'm not quite sure what to do with it. This was my first attempt at pincurls on it:

052808_13571.jpg

That's a lot of fluff!

lyburnum

Practically Family
Another lazy hair-do, took me about 10 minutes to do. It's just a high ponytail, turned into large pincurls around the band.

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

My hair looks wet because I was being super lazy and I didn't dry it, I just put it up and sprayed it in place while it was still damp.

64tonya

One of the Regulars
Love the color contrast

lyburnum said:
Another lazy hair-do, took me about 10 minutes to do. It's just a high ponytail, turned into large pincurls around the band.

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

My hair looks wet because I was being super lazy and I didn't dry it, I just put it up and sprayed it in place while it was still damp.

Wow, I love the lighter sections. I've been wanting to do something similar so when I roll it there are lighter swirls. Besides the large section in the front is it just regular highlights in the rest? It's hard to tell with the hair up...

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Depends...

grey ghost said:
Hi Ladies,

new here, but just one question........

how long does this transformation take??????????

Some hairdo's take ages, and some are super fast! I tend to wear mine the same ways all the time, so it only involves shoving it into shape. I would say my regular daytime look takes 5 minutes, brush, comb, spray water on it, put it back with combs:
l_9febaabc90cfee32809f72f236b4bd11.jpg

But a fancier do, with waves, and fake hair, and stuff like that can take me, oh, 15 minutes... not counting waiting for the hairspray to dry:
l_518a05b8b45075e52cc2c6282e4e88e6.jpg

Sorry for the pics you've all seen before, best ones of the hairdo's that I could find...

I have wavy hair, so I am ahead of the game - plus decades of practice!

MissHannah

One Too Many
lyburnum said:

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

I saw this one in the flesh last night and it stayed put throughout a punishing schedule of tea drinking and nattering on the sofa :)

lyburnum

Practically Family
64tonya said:
Wow, I love the lighter sections. I've been wanting to do something similar so when I roll it there are lighter swirls. Besides the large section in the front is it just regular highlights in the rest? It's hard to tell with the hair up...

It's actually two large slices in the sides of the hair and a large slice in the fringe. Normally with my fringe most of the blonde is hidden as I wear the hair forward in Bettie bangs. It's only when I wear it to the side you see how large the chunk of fringe is.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Me too

lyburnum said:
It's actually two large slices in the sides of the hair and a large slice in the fringe. Normally with my fringe most of the blonde is hidden as I wear the hair forward in Bettie bangs. It's only when I wear it to the side you see how large the chunk of fringe is.

Although it's hard to tell in the second picture, since the first one was taken I have started dyeing my hair back to the original, but living my Bride of Frankenstein stripes and a patch on the top of my head graying - makes for nice highlights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran