Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Adele

One of the Regulars
Pink Dahlia said:
l_9faa10a6fdafbe20e2e687aa4e29eab3.jpg

You look beautiful! I have to agree with others in that it's one of my favorites on you. If that sentence makes any sense...

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
TheSwingingBee said:
Ok so I'm going to do some more drastic hair color tonight, Vampire Red by Manic Panic after bleaching the hell out of it and then this weekend I'll add black streaks. Anyone have a good product to bring your hair back from the edge after bleaching it? I'll post pics when it's done. I just don't want straw for hair.

Hi Swinging Bee~ I'm probably too late, but I wouldn't think you'd have to bleach your hair *that* light to get good results with the color you've chosen.
Here are several links with great conditioner advice~

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=25258&highlight=conditioner

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=15673&highlight=conditioner

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=17299&highlight=conditioner

Nikki

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Boy I've missed a lot!
Zaika this is fabuloso!! All you need is a dot of smoothing cream, such as White Tea from Scruples.
Nikki
zaika said:
last night i finally had a chance to do pin curls...it's been months. they turned out so well (for me) and i really think it was my new vanity. i could actually SEE what i was doing. lol

DSC06720.jpg

DSC06730.jpg

DSC06738.jpg

i keep telling myself that i need to practice finger waves...but it's too scary yet. hehe

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Honey I think you were MADE for red lipstick!! Beautiful! Love the hair too... I saw a few previous photos of you and I am so totally impressed by how instantly you became Golden Era gorgeous. Welcome to the lounge!
Nikki
Cherry Candee said:
kamikat please do post those pictures! Your hair is indeed shorter than mine, that is definitely a style I want to try on, it's awesome!.

So a couple of days ago I found these pictures from Johanna and her pincurls. I gave it a try and turned out like this:

peli1.jpg

peli2.jpg

peli3.jpg

Any suggestions? I think it came out pretty well, my man loved it too :) oh and I dared to try on some red lipstick as you can see lol I think that turned out ok too :p

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I don't know about my hair. The length is making it difficult for hot roller curls to stay in and I know I don't have the dedication to pin curl my hair every night. I wish I could afford some Hot Sticks. But I like having long hair right now so I don't know if I would feel okay about cutting it.
PINK I am so digging your hair right now! Love the color and length. I also am wanting to cut my hair for better hold tho...

Do you not do well with wet sets? Should last quite a while for you. Pillow rollers and end papers...hmm?
Nikki

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Thank you ladies for all the compliments! I can't keep up!

And Nikki, the only wet set I've used is pin curls. I've never used pillow rollers. I can be so lazy when it comes to my hair and hot rollers are so quick!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Pink Dahlia said:
Thank you ladies for all the compliments! I can't keep up!

And Nikki, the only wet set I've used is pin curls. I've never used pillow rollers. I can be so lazy when it comes to my hair and hot rollers are so quick!

Yep, I am lazy too. Hot rollers do not last long on me, so at least if I'm gonna actually go thru the trouble to roll it, I can use a wet set and get a coupla days out of it, lol...
Never tried the hotsticks tho.
Nikki

Cherry Candee

New in Town
kamikat: You look lovely with your 'current' hair, but that super short do suits you very well also!

deadpandiva: thank you!!

ohairas: oh my... thank you so much! :eek:

I'm slowly getting used to the red lipstick. I haven't had the chance to shop for one; it's Mother's Day today here in Costa Rica and the stores have been extremely crowded lol

I imagine that as soon as I find the right shade for my skin tone I'll wear it every day :)

By the way, happy Costa Rican Mother's day to all of you beautiful ladies :)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Here's today's 'do. I got some sponge rollers because I just don't sleep well with hard rollers in my hair. The upside to sponge rollers, I slept like a baby. The downside to sponger rollers, after 12hrs, my hair still wasn't dry. I'm going to a BBQ today, so I decided to try something casual. My friends have never seen me in 40's. I wonder who will notice the difference. Hubby said I looked very vintage. I took out the sponge rollers and rolled them back into pin curls so that I'll have a nice set for church tomorrow.
2768292846_79e3c4e748.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
kamikat said:

Kamikat you look adorable and nicely casual! I love a good bandana day covering up something that didn't work out. I bet your pincurls turn out great for tomorrow - please post another picture!

psssst...what color is your lippy, it looks really good with your skin tone?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
Kamikat you look adorable and nicely casual! I love a good bandana day covering up something that didn't work out. I bet your pincurls turn out great for tomorrow - please post another picture!

psssst...what color is your lippy, it looks really good with your skin tone?

Thanks! This is my first bandana 'do. I feel very perky! I'm also wearing some wide legged jeans, from a vintage pattern, and a bright white shirt. I hope it doesn't get too hot!

The lippy is my new Besame cherry red. I love it!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
KamiKat your hair looks really cute! I have long hair so I love wearing my hair up in a scarf in the summer. Plus vintage scarfs are so easy to find and cheap too!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I love this pic of you: the angle of your face and the color of your scarf really flaunt the beauty of your eyes! Oh, and that Besame cherry red doesn't hurt either (can't wait to get mine!).
The 40's wrapped scarf looks flattering on you, on me it always ends up looking like a giant turban! As in old indian man. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?
EDIT: I just remembered it's when I wear curlers under it... hahaha
kamikat said:

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:
Here's today's 'do. I got some sponge rollers because I just don't sleep well with hard rollers in my hair. The upside to sponge rollers, I slept like a baby. The downside to sponger rollers, after 12hrs, my hair still wasn't dry. I'm going to a BBQ today, so I decided to try something casual. My friends have never seen me in 40's. I wonder who will notice the difference. Hubby said I looked very vintage. I took out the sponge rollers and rolled them back into pin curls so that I'll have a nice set for church tomorrow.
2768292846_79e3c4e748.jpg
You are the cutest thing ever!!!!

Naama

Practically Family
Nothing compared to most of those hair dos here, but I thought I'll share... Unfortunately the pictures are rather bad, the light was bad and I had a hard time getting the camera in the right position.... (and I look rather old in those pics... :p )

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

Naama

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo