Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Antje

One Too Many
shamrocq said:
Just sharing what I've got from pincurls (BodyShop Mascara size). I didn't do a great job at the back as was too tired and want to quickly finish the set, so the back was not tight enough. I'm very pleased with the bangs. It supposed to be like a fingerwave but I'm to afraid to flatten it. I used the setting pattern from the Vintage Hairstyling book. I'm using the one I think call Silent Era or something like that. This is the first time I successfully did a set using Lottabody (full strenght on wet hair). The first time it did not dry out. And I must agree it's really bouncy and light. Previously I was using Paul Mitchells Sculpting Lotion.

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Thanks for your time.

you have such a sweet face, love the front wave.

Shirin, thank you

shamrocq

New in Town
Thank you very much, Antje. I love your hair colour. I need to tell myself that one day I should try it out.;)

Blondie: I posted my unset hair pix on the 'Perm Pix' thread as my hair was permed. The back is a basic 'U' shape. Here's the link:

http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=819151#post819151

And here's the the 2 tools I used to comb out the pin curls. I left my fingers there, so you can gauge how wide is the teeth of the comb. Basically I was just playing around with this 2 tools, I don't know a proper formula yet. But I will tell you if I find out. That was my first try. But for sure at the last tool I used was the blue comb. I did like the 'saw' thing I said, and try to press the curls flat.

Picture008.jpg

p/s: I like to credit KittyT for the suggestion of the Sharpie Marker.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
LolitaHaze said:
I haven't been online much lately, but I thought while I had a chance, I would post a couple hair photos...

Sorry for the post and dash.

3657460311_ce66a9eefe_o.jpg

3639332895_c81321ced6_o.jpg

Beautiful hairstyles.... I especially like the second one.

shamrocq

New in Town
Thanks Cherry Lips.

Hi LolitaHaze. The curls are nice. May I know what are they set in and the size? The nice thing about lighter coloured hair is you get to see all the beautiful curves.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
shamrocq said:
Thanks Cherry Lips.

Hi LolitaHaze. The curls are nice. May I know what are they set in and the size? The nice thing about lighter coloured hair is you get to see all the beautiful curves.

Lolita's has posted tons of great pictures and tutorials:eusa_clap . Who has two thumbs and is a big fan of Lolita? ~*Points thumbs at self*~ This girl! You can do an advanced search for all her posts and you can see all her pictures and explanations.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Shamrocq, I've been reading through your post to pick up on tips. Your results are very enviable. 1+ year on from beginning to attempt setting I've still not achieved any results I think are photo worthy. Right now my scalp is a mess and humidity is only making it worse so I'm not even trying to get a bend in to my hair.

LolitaHaze, your hair is absolutely fantastic! I'm speechless!!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Odalisque... Thank you so much. It is such a nice casual style and simple to do. Just set for curls and use hair combs to pin back the hair and pull the front bangs up for poof. :-D

Shirin... That is so nice, thank you. I often feel goofy smiling for the camera. Especially when "posing".

shamrocq... Thank you. I used the peach colored plastic perm rods, I believe they are about 1/2 inch in diameter. I slept on them for a complete setting duration, but I think once I get a bonnet dryer, I will finally be able to set my hair in an hour!

JennyLou... Thank you, kindly.

MarieAnne... Aren't you just the sweetest?! I always want to do tutorials, but I forget as I tend to just make it up as I go. I just set and then make up a style. I am glad you have been able to enjoy my posts though! Thank you.

Lillemor... Thank you. Being speechless is something I always like to hear! Hehehehe

smokinsiren... Thanks pretty lady!

Antje... Hehehe thank you. Maybe I should go away for some time again and then post out of the blue for another responce like that. :-D

Here is a style I borrowed from the late 30's (early 40's) and was inspired by the styles and curls of such ladies like the Lane sisters and Carole Landis. I don't know why I look so p'ed off though. LOL
3661914444_85a7268dde_o.jpg

shamrocq

New in Town
MarieAnne: Thank you very much for the pointers. I will do a search. Sorry I haven't been tune in to the happenings. Was in a hiatus quite a while. Thank you again for telling me.

Lillemor: Thank you. I notice an understanding of your current hair condition may help a lot. Honestly, I just took the plunge and try out a few ways, not caring what it may turned out. Also you really must get the Lauren R book. It really help me understand a lot on the pin curls. In fact I just purchased it a month ago. My place here is like crazy humidity. I would recommend Sebastian Shaper Plus Hairspray for humidity. It kept my hair for almost half-day on a rainny morning (and I was outdoors without air-conditioning). Feel free to ask me anythign though. If I can help, I certainly would.

Rhian

New in Town
Today I went to Nina's Hair Parlour in London and got a new 'do. I took a photo of Loretta Young with me, hoping for some of that sweet 30s femininity, and I think I got it! Now I just have to see if I can replicate the set... :)

3663146784_6288522617.jpg

And at my previous appointment I asked for the Ava Gardner look:

3025135028_51cff63c4d.jpg

Lenore

Practically Family
Yay for good hair days!

Not overly done, but as I'm in the process of growing out a bad hair cut, I'm happy about today. :rolleyes:

Basic pin curl set, brushed out and pinned up on one side.

Hair002.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24