Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Handwriting - Vintage Penmanship!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
429812612_9ac5c95d84.jpg

Looks like a prescription written by a witch doctor Fletch! lol lol lol

Dan G

One of the Regulars
Well here it is, my class A example of chicken scratch. One from some notes I was taking on pickup material and another to describe the more mellow me. (No, I am not schizophrenic) I'm sorry it's not very easy on the eye. You know how some peoples handwriting is almost soothing to your eye? Mine's almost kind of painful! Interpreters interpret away if you like, it'd be interesting to see what you have to say!

notes3.jpg
Note7.jpg

hmmm.... they don't look all that different do they?
There you have it, my eye wounding is done. I thought my cursive looked girly in grade school... Needless to say, I never use it!;)

Josephine

One Too Many
I've always been interested in how people write on the page in front of them. I write perpendicular to myself. I have to rotate the page so instead of the lines of the paper going West/East or even Southwest/Northeast, they go South/North. If I have to write West/East my words have a very pronounced back slant to them.

Gary Crumrine

One of the Regulars
There is a rare beauty to artful handwriting, I think. In the old days, before the rot set in, script was meant to be read and they say one could tell the occupation of the writer simply by his hand. Later, in America, Platt Rogers Spencer developed a beautiful handwriting ("Spencerian", of course) characterized by elegant capitals and relatively simple miniscules. Samples can be found, if you wish, at this website:

http://www.iampeth.com/lessons.htm

Bebop

Practically Family
Having worked with a handwriting analysist in the past, I learned a bit about it and I can see we have quite a varied crowd here!

Call me paranoid, call me crazy, call me overly cautious but I would never put my handwriting and to top it off, my signiature anywhere on the internet. [huh] Having had my identity stolen once before, I just may be paranoid, crazy and overly cautious now.

Starius

Practically Family
Bebop said:
Having worked with a handwriting analysist in the past, I learned a bit about it and I can see we have quite a varied crowd here!

Call me paranoid, call me crazy, call me overly cautious but I would never put my handwriting and to top it off, my signiature anywhere on the internet. [huh] Having had my identity stolen once before, I just may be paranoid, crazy and overly cautious now.

Hmmmm now you got me paranoid about putting my writing here.... thanks Bebop, thanks a lot!

Bebop

Practically Family
Starius said:
Hmmmm now you got me paranoid about putting my writing here.... thanks Bebop, thanks a lot!

Sorry Starius, I debated just keeping my mouth shut and letting people go at it without my skeptic, paranoid, doomsayer attitude but my fingers wouldn't stop. lol

I hope your throat is doing better. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points