Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your motorcycles!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Here are a couple of my little engines. They were both built in 1935, the one on the left is a 350cc and the right one is a 250cc.
The rest of the bike will mostly be 250cc BSA. I have all that stuff including the girder forks; but I'm still struggling with bits like crank shaft components, which are not so straightforward to re manufacture.

IMG_9121_zps1116a637.jpg
[/IMG]
I don't know if you have heard of these guys? http://cameronracingengines.com/esite/home http://www.mfcpatterns-castings.co.uk/page3.htm

richie1958

New in Town
Yea they're producing some fantastic kit, but they aren't really any use to me. All my engines are 1930s road engines; Cameron specialize in race engines and despite their external appearance, there is a world of difference between a J.A.P race engine and a road engine!
I don't plan to race this bike; I just want it to go hooning down the pub on!
Richie

John Warr

Familiar Face
Had a Trident T150 clutch pull rod emerge into daylight just south and east of Le Mans. Stopped the resulting oil leak with chewing gum & nursed it back to the UK. Got a push off the ferry by the expedient of locking it to a stranger's Honda. :) First gear was about shot by the time we got to Brighton. Anyway, here is the current stable. Both 1989 bikes...http://www.bysonleather.co.uk/Bike page 1.htm

John Warr

Familiar Face
The crank was re-built at about 70,000 due to a piston failure. I have replaced the alternator and the primary probably needs replacing sometime. I also re-built the gearbox. Twice. I took a stupid short cut the first time round. Clutch bearings were replaced at about 160,000 and by god they needed it. Cam shaft was replaced when the crank was done & Jims followers fitted. Could probably be done again this winter or next spring.

richie1958

New in Town
So your present crank has done 150,000 miles. I've been led to believe over a hundred thousand from a Evo crank is nigh on miraculous. (Mine's never been rebuilt) However, I've never got to the bottom of why they fail. Apparently they go with a rush, which smacks of lubrication failure to me.
On the subject of cranks, I've just won another 250 J.A.P crank on Ebay this evening, with what the seller claims is a good big end... We'll see.
Richie

John Warr

Familiar Face
I would think that once you get a bit of play on the rollers it all falls apart PDQ. Full synth oil seems to keep stuff rolling :) - but NOT in the primary.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Good lord! At least it's vertical - imagine it sitting sideways and givin' it the gun! Wow.
:eeek:
Do you have to yell contact before starting it?
I have to say though, not really being a bike man, this is a VERY nice custom.
No telling what kind of labor hours they have in it.

dirty old biker

Familiar Face
few pics of my bike : Bought her new in 05 , she's fast loud & fun 1400 Intruder , built to suit me by me .....I do my own svc work on her & NO the apes don't tire me out, Im not HOLDING my arms up they are HANGING from the bars by my hands & fingers, much like the diff between resting them on a wall or walking around ape- ish ........lol

100_0184.jpg

100_0195.jpg

100_0193.jpg

100_0187.jpg

Here's the seat I built from fiberglass 6 yrs ago .... I have just recently finished re-covering it with suede & handpainted the logo on
100_1040.jpg

here's my favorite riding boots I made the sheetmetal toe guards & ironcrosses/ bootstraps for :
100_1034.jpg

100_1033.jpg

here's my favorite riding jacket, I did this logo on the back myself in acrylic, it's been on 6 yrs & still looks good after some grueling riding seasons
100_0319.jpg

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
This bike will be tiny compared to most on this thread. I live in Vietnam, and the engine restrictions limit bikes to 175cc. So I have about as big as I can get - a 150cc. I call it a "mini cruiser" but because most people in this country drive 90cc scooters - the locals think it's huge.
This is a chilly day on China Beach, Da Nang:
191_3276_zpsdfa5fcd3.jpg

191_3274_zps5236367f.jpg

I know it ain't spectacular - but that is about as close as I'll ever get to having a chopper in this country. And a 1200cc bike wouldn't even fit on most roads around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails