Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your motorcycles!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
2011 Thruxton

Here is my latest, a 2011 Triumph Thruxton. Slightly modified.
IMG_4250.jpg
IMG_4252.jpg

AtlantaSpike

Familiar Face
My daily drivers - heavily modded 1993 FXRP, and bone stock 2001 FLHRP. I have a '55 pan in the basement that will be running by springtime, I promise.

40050_1548979530845_1425784141_31465650_111652_n.jpg

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
Love it! Since the W650 wasn't very popular when they were new, I thought I would pick one up cheap. Wrong! Can't believe the price on them, same goes for the Honda GB500.

You know, now that you mention it...what are they going for? I picked mine up about 5 1/2 years ago so I'm a bit clueless as to the going rates.

I know what you are talking about though. I remember looking at GB500s and was astounded at the prices.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
8 Valve Boardtrack Racer

Here is my newest motorcycle. Won it on ebay. Funny thing, I wasn't even the high bidder, and I sure didn't think my bid would be high enough, when the reserve wasn't even meant. Last night I get an email that says, "we need to talk," so I told him to call me today. It was right here in town, less then 15 miles away. Unfortunately, I had to wait for the electrical inspector, you know, some time between 8:00 and 5:00. When I went to look at it, I had convinced my self not to buy it, already have to many projects. Then I saw it, love at first sight, it is mostly a replica, new made parts, but it is a 1912 8 Valve Indian, and as close as I will ever get to owning one! There are a few items missing, all made new, fuel tank, wheels, handelbar controls and pedal assembly. I'm like a kid on Christmas! Where it is pedal start, do you think I can get away with, "but officer, it's just a big Moped?"
IMG_4259.jpg
IMG_4264.jpg
IMG_4267.jpg
IMG_4268.jpg
IMG_4271.jpg
IMG_4280.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Norton Commando Transformer

Not sure if any of you have seen this one before, but it is well done. [video=youtube;iKqpvriKZuA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKqpvriKZuA[/video]

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Here is a really funny motorcycle video. It does have four letter words, but only in the subtitles. Our German friends can verify that the dialog does not match the subtitles! [video=youtube;7107yhjSkMk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7107yhjSkMk [/video]

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Iron Man

http://www.kretzmovies.com/ I thought a few of you might be interested in this. They are making a feature film and a documentary about Ed "Iron Man" Kretz Sr. He was a motorcycle racer in the 30s-50s, the AMA rated him the best racer of all times. He won the first Laconia and the inaugural Daytona 200, which featured a long stretch of pavement on one side with the beach as the other straight. The organizers made a mistake of starting the race at low tide, so by the end it had come back in, making things very difficult. Ed rode both Indian's and Triumph's. His son led the 1950 Daytona for 99 of 100 laps, only to have his engine run out of oil in sight of the finish line. I am fortunate in knowing Ed Jr., a real nice guy and he is helping to consult on the movie.
0603010_8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner