Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your motorcycles!

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh come on...
I've been through so many 'waves' over the years..it gets old..and boring. From the peace sign wave..fist in the air..to this. Who cares about etiquette? Get real. Wave to whom you want to..if you want..how you want. Jeeze (Hey Bro..What's the rules?..."Hell...there ain't no rules"!!) :cool:
HD

HoosierDaddy, you sure are contentious in your old age! To those of us who actually read the article, it was easy to discern that it was written tongue-in-cheek and was a sly wink at the whole 'wave' phenomenon. As my old Dad used to say, "don't get your bowels in an uproar!", not every post requires critical analysis and clever retort from the "insiders". I notice a lot of space gets taken up by "insider" banter that could just as easily be conducted in P.M.s I'll will scroll past all that while I peruse the relevant posts. You should do the same with those you don't relate to. -dixon cannon

HoosierDaddy, you sure are contentious in your old age! To those of us who actually read the article, it was easy to discern that it was written tongue-in-cheek and was a sly wink at the whole 'wave' phenomenon. As my old Dad used to say, "don't get your bowels in an uproar!", not every post requires critical analysis and clever retort from the "insiders". I notice a lot of space gets taken up by "insider" banter that could just as easily be conducted in P.M.s I'll will scroll past all that while I peruse the relevant posts. You should do the same with those you don't relate to. -dixon cannon

Don't get your panties in a wad,DC. Sure I'm contentious..and I've earned it.
Thanks for the scroll advice. Next time I'll try and PM you.
Nsider

Dixon Cannon

I got a wave...a special one. Sorry, but I like to acknowledge other riders. Ignore me, I'll still wave.

Me too ButteMT61, that's is part of the fun of riding; the acknowledgement with others of the camaraderie of the motorcycle community at large. A lot like how the FL has been over the years - I've been an active contributor since 2004 but I notice a change in the tone more recently, with a lot of acknowledgment and bantor between "insiders/in the know" while ignoring or criticizing the posts of the "others". It's a lot like "stitch counters" at reenactor events; they are joy killers who take the fun out of it for others ("farbs") who just wish to participate at their leisure. After a while it "gets old...and boring". (LOL) -dixon cannon

Last edited:

Dixon Cannon

HoosierDaddy, Buzz off! I've been coming to this lounge since 2004, so's I got's some seniority on ya! It is contentious old buzzards that kill the joy of this kind of community. I'm not hear to pick fights or to get slammed by individuals who feel as though they are the muscle in this club. I'm here to enjoy other peoples posts and input, to share and to learn. You seem to have taken the tack of being the club bully as of late. Don't be so prickly! If you can't read the humor in a post or you just don't "get it", move on, man. No one comes here to just for you or your abuse! Take a powder, man and chill! -dixon cannon

HoosierDaddy, Buzz off! I've been coming to this lounge since 2004, so's I got's some seniority on ya! It is contentious old buzzards that kill the joy of this kind of community. I'm not hear to pick fights or to get slammed by individuals who feel as though they are the muscle in this club. I'm here to enjoy other peoples posts and input, to share and to learn. You seem to have taken the tack of being the club bully as of late. Don't be so prickly! If you can't read the humor in a post or you just don't "get it", move on, man. No one comes here to just for you or your abuse! Take a powder, man and chill! -dixon cannon

To be serious,DC...I'm not real fond of the Old Buzzard label..but I'll overlook that. Maybe you're not reading the humor in many of my posts,either. Yep..you have seniority on me...and I'll admit that I have enjoyed many of your posts over the years. However..in this thread I think you have become over sensative and actually turned it into a fight. I ride a Sporty like you...but don't take all this biker finger pointing so seriously in the same vein. I even might have seniority on you in the MC riding relm. Again..thanks for the bullying and prickly advice. Now..if you would just take a suggestion from me..and calm down...maybe others would feel welcome enough to post more MC pics in this thread....and maybe even feel comfortable commenting with their opinions.
HD

Magister

Familiar Face

Is he being serious or droll? I thought he was trying to be funny. That's how I was taking it. I certainly was in my last post.

Last edited:

Dixon Cannon

Here is something that any motorcycle enthusiast can enjoy without debate; The State of Arizona 'Copper Chopper'. All positive and enthusiastic comments and opinions welcome! It ain't mine. I didn't design it. I didn't build it. I'm just presenting it for the enjoyment of those who might, here on the Fedora Lounge. http://www.azfamily.com/good-morning-arizona/strongPHOTOSstrong-Arizona-Centennial-Foundation-Copper-Chopper-105528023.html I did take this "snapshot" of the bike and I heartily acknowledge that it is not properly focused, exposed or composed - no critical analysis of the photograph or the photographer is necessary.
CopperChopper.jpg
-dixon cannon

Last edited:

Magister

Familiar Face
Here is something that any motorcycle enthusiast can enjoy without debate; The State of Arizona 'Copper Chopper'. All positive and enthusiastice comments and opinions welcome! It ain't mine. I didn't design it. I didn't build it. I'm just presenting it for the enjoyment of those who might, here on the Fedora Lounge. http://www.azfamily.com/good-morning-arizona/strongPHOTOSstrong-Arizona-Centennial-Foundation-Copper-Chopper-105528023.html I did take this "snapshot" of the bike and I heartily acknowledge that it is not properly focused, exposed or composed - no critical analysis of the photograph or the photographer is necessary.
CopperChopper.jpg
-dixon cannon

Oh great. Now I can't tell if you are being serious or not!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Here is something that any motorcycle enthusiast can enjoy without debate; The State of Arizona 'Copper Chopper'. All positive and enthusiastic comments and opinions welcome! It ain't mine. I didn't design it. I didn't build it. I'm just presenting it for the enjoyment of those who might, here on the Fedora Lounge. http://www.azfamily.com/good-morning-arizona/strongPHOTOSstrong-Arizona-Centennial-Foundation-Copper-Chopper-105528023.html I did take this "snapshot" of the bike and I heartily acknowledge that it is not properly focused, exposed or composed - no critical analysis of the photograph or the photographer is necessary.
CopperChopper.jpg
-dixon cannon

Looks like a Jesse James bike (considering he made one just like it).

Looks more like a Jaffe modern type chopper to me.
JJ made a brass riveted copper tank/fenders in a more old school bobber/chopper Mexicano type with a painted frame..engraved heads,etc.

51V0X862FRL.jpg

HD

That Arizona bike has alot of copper!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails