Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your motorcycles!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Careful on those things buddy, I just had a friend die on one last year so they are irksome at times knowing how easy it is to spill. My older brother rides a cycle as well. I'm thinking about mounting the motor yet trepidation ramps up now and again.

They are beautiful machines... Don't know if I could take it in the UK weather too easily.

Andy Baillie

New in Town
Here is a picture of my Dad's 1943 Royal Enfield 'Flying Flea'
Used in the War in Arhnem most likely by Glider or parachutists during Operation Market Garden. These were designed to be parachuted and were lightweight motorbikes.

3379070510_c9f9feabde_b.jpg

Here are a couple of me on my Dad's other bike a 1941 Matchless G3L. Also used by the Army and displaying original REME (Royal Electrical and Mechanical Enigneers) flash on the mudguard (Red, Yellow & Blue)

(Photos are from when I was 17!)

3369482439_3e18955943_b.jpg

3382300352_4ce42e4f91_b.jpg

Emerson

New in Town
web.jpg

2005 Road King Classic. I wish I still had the first bike I built, a 1957 Panhead that had been a basket case. It had a pretty "classic" look. My dad rode a 1931 Henderson Four, now that WAS a classic.

Miss Bunny

New in Town
Mine's not vintage but figured I'd share anyways... 2006 Road King Custom with Screaming Eagle engine upgrade. :)

motorcycle.jpg

Here in Knoxville is a locally owned shop called Biker Rags. They have lots of riding gear but also have some really cool vintage bikes with the stories that go with them. It's a neat place!

Atomic

One of the Regulars
I have a few bikes, I keep evolving in my tastes and what I want.

My daily rider is my 05 DRZ400 SM.

DSCN0898.jpg

My 97 XR400, currently being sold to a buddy and converted into a supermoto.
P1040029s.jpg

My 71 CB500 that I'm turning into a cafe racer. Don't worry, it was in horrible shape before I started, I didn't hack up a classic.

DSCN1022.jpg

My 05 636 that is pretty much just a track bike, but I will be selling it here soon.
157956311__A8C5568.jpg

MCrider

A-List Customer
Atomic said:
I have a few bikes, I keep evolving in my tastes and what I want.

My daily rider is my 05 DRZ400 SM.

Nice paint job you have on the DRZ. I always liked the nose art for bikes. Maybe someday I'll have something painted on one of mine

Miztorif

New in Town
Custom Built

8223_1166858784140_1608031714_409064_5620152_n.jpg

These are custom built made by the Nm/ntz motorcycles crew here in Bend Oregon.
8223_1166859464157_1608031714_409080_2569666_n.jpg

8223_1166860584185_1608031714_409108_6411278_n.jpg

Im hopin to get these guys to build me one! Though Id really rather have a Ural Retro.

rippy444

Familiar Face
Last of the great past time.

Here is my last of the 15 motorcycles I have owned. I sold it two weeks ago. I got banged up pretty badly on May 9, 2009. I am not backing down but wisely getting off. Going to Florida in a week and staying for two. You riders keep your chin up and eyes in the back of your head. I was hit while riding a 1979 CM400A Hondamatic. I had just rebuilt it and got hit on the way home from the inspection station."Ouch" I am into a new sport, buying hats and smoking cigars. I have about 20 hats and gaining. A few odd balls but I like them all. My favorite is my black leather "Pork Pie". Cheers. RIP

Atomic

One of the Regulars
MCrider said:
Nice paint job you have on the DRZ. I always liked the nose art for bikes. Maybe someday I'll have something painted on one of mine

Actually they are just vinyl graphics done by AMR Racing. Much better option as I take the bike in the dirt and such pretty regularly and don't want to mess up any really art.

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
WOW

Prof. Steampunk said:
Used to be in the lounge but left for a while. When I was catching up over holidays and saw PilotGuy's Pearl White 2007 Shadow, I knew I had to respond, so I re-upped.

Here's my 2007 Shadow Aero that I bought on Labor Day, 2008, brand new with a Motorvation sidecar on it. I love my Shadow Queen. Now has a Switchblade windshield on it.(Oops, second pic has the windshield on it.)

TheShadowQueenatWacoSuspensionBridg.jpg

shadowandbridgetall.jpg

Yes, with my jacket, goggles, and white half helmet, teenagers do slow down and buckle their seatbelts when they see me LOL, especially since I put the headlight modulator on it. Want to change the sidecar headlight for a spotlight with a headlight in it and put a modulator on that, too. That'll get 'em {grin}.

Been waiting for a WWII German submarine coat (Southbeach leather)to come in to go with my 1931 high-top, lace-up cavalry boots (WhatPriceGlory) and my German/Soviet/etc. leather motorcycle hood (thank you, ebay LOL) so I can take a picture with the white biplane hangared where I work (technical college at a former air base). THAT will become my avatar when the weather gets nice here.

BTW, the avatar was my dad's unit in WWII (113th Observation Squadron).

I love the Aero (same year and model as mine), but didnt know it could handle a sidecar as well. how does it ride with it attached? thought an 1100 was kind of the minimum required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner