Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Munrospun, Braespun, Lochmarl etc. Ties!

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Here's my latest find, a 'Grenville' ;
ngwwmx.jpg
25jcsit.jpg

2e1rjax.jpg

47" long, tip 3 3/4" at it's widest.

Lovely, and in the best colours, you ask me. Grenville made great ties, and I think they seem to have a distinctive shape over others. I'm glad this thread is coming up with the gold! I love me some plaid ties!

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Otterburn one?

Yes. I had one just like it when I was about six years old. I swear that every time I've worn a gray or black wool jacket since then I've thought of it. I've often wondered if others are as afflicted as I am with that terrible nostalgia for long-ago clothes.

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Yes. I had one just like it when I was about six years old. I swear that every time I've worn a gray or black wool jacket since then I've thought of it. I've often wondered if others are as afflicted as I am with that terrible nostalgia for long-ago clothes.

It's nice to have that association I think. As a little kid, I always used to like to dress up smart, and my mum and auntie used to buy me those ties on elastic to wear. I'd slick my hair down and pretend I was a soldier or something. Fun times.

I'm more than happy to do a swap tropicalbob for the Otterburn. It's a nice tie but I'm not dead attached to it! Let me know :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner