Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your OVERCOATS

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Picked this up at the Value Village today.

IMG_4619.jpg

IMG_4622.jpg

IMG_4629.jpg

IMG_4630.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Just tremendous, Dinerman. Both your re-style of the grey German number and this great purchase. They both appear to fit very well in shoulders and sleeve length. You've got to be pretty happy about them. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
^What he said. The silhouette and back treatment are astonishing.

More proof that great vintage can still be had for cheap.

mike

Call Me a Cab
D-man, you IS the man! Amazing you can find that sort of stuff where you are! I wouldn't dream of finding that on a rack anywhere in the NY area! Is there any room to let down the sleeves? Did you guys see that center pleated overcoat that just went on ebay for $150 buy it now? I don't need it, but I would have snatched it up in a heartbeat if it was a bit bigger! I don't view myself as particularly tall at 5'10"-ish but I'm always surprised at the amount of 23" arms sleeves [huh] curses :p

fishmeok

Vendor
Had this for a while, and held on to it. It's rare that I find vintage in my size (46), particualrily something like this. I'm thinking late '30's to late 40's? It's one of those things that realistically I probably will never wear, but Damn it's cool...:)
Would this be something that was actually made locally or just had a local tag put on?
Snow-Fo, gotta love it;)
Cheers
Mark

CompDown219.jpg

CompDown213.jpg

CompDown216.jpg

CompDown218.jpg

CompDown207.jpg

CompDown210.jpg

CompDown214.jpg

CompDown224.jpg

weinerman

New in Town
That's one thing that I really miss living in the deep south now, Coats! My oldest brother inhereted my fathers Cashmere ones, I'm not "big" enough!

Cricket

Practically Family
Several of these coats are very stylish and look so incredibly warm. I find that I sometimes buy a good coat because I like the way it looks only to discover it doesn't keep me that warm. Granted here in the South it doesn't get that cold. But I am spoiled. I am freezing in 50 degree weather.

But great coats...please more pics...it is getting that time of year.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
The tweed from 1955 arrived today...

Just as described. Looks absolutely unworn. Fits perfectly except on the very bottom. (No idea why!) Will get some photos posted when it cools off enough again to wear it!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
I committed today something that might prove regretful in a couple of days time: bought vintage for somebody else! lol to be more specific i got this navy overcoat from ebay for my husband. He knows nothing of it as yet. :D Will find out when coat arrives. Hope the fit will be good, measurements match, but you never know. Hope he'll like it. I wanted to make him a surprise but these things can go very wrong indeed. And it's most nerve racking to buy online, let alone for somebody other than yourself. What do you guys think of this coat?
!BehY1z!!2k~$(KGrHqMH-DkEre7Jqq1qBK9rSSNjz!~~_12.JPG

!BehY66!CGk~$(KGrHqYH-CwErgDgzJbPBK9rSowOqQ~~_12.JPG

!BehZCPg!mk~$(KGrHqEH-CkErfKw(t+fBK9rTFnzNg~~_12.JPG

!BehZHdQBmk~$(KGrHqUH-DcEri+YvRU8BK9rTZtUZQ~~_12.JPG

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Sproily I love your grey coat, some of the gentlemen here have sported similar styles coats, this one looks perfect to me, I like the military look of it and I think that would highly appeal to my husband. Dinerman coat is also exquisite. Sigh...hope to get one some day...
Here he is wearing his db modern mid coat, probably the best thing in his very small wardrobe.
4105863030_ea77f399e6.jpg

4105121397_5b7422bfd8.jpg

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
crazydaisy said:
I committed today something that might prove regretful in a couple of days time: bought vintage for somebody else! lol to be more specific i got this navy overcoat from ebay for my husband. He knows nothing of it as yet. :D Will find out when coat arrives. Hope the fit will be good, measurements match, but you never know. Hope he'll like it. I wanted to make him a surprise but these things can go very wrong indeed. And it's most nerve racking to buy online, let alone for somebody other than yourself. What do you guys think of this coat?
!BehY1z!!2k~$(KGrHqMH-DkEre7Jqq1qBK9rSSNjz!~~_12.JPG

!BehY66!CGk~$(KGrHqYH-CwErgDgzJbPBK9rSowOqQ~~_12.JPG

!BehZCPg!mk~$(KGrHqEH-CkErfKw(t+fBK9rTFnzNg~~_12.JPG

!BehZHdQBmk~$(KGrHqUH-DcEri+YvRU8BK9rTZtUZQ~~_12.JPG

How could he not love it? It's marvelous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner