Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your OVERCOATS

mikepara

Practically Family
Thanks for the pics DM, It's probably just me but I can never understand why people post Ebay links of stuff they've bought. In a couple of weeks time it'll be a dead link. Pointless. If you're going to bother posting, copy the photo, you've just bought it off the seller, they are unlikely to get all copyright-est over you using the pic of an item you now own. Surely copying the photo is as easy as copying the link?

I'll apologize for this post, well all the above really, it seems so puerile in the cold light of day. The reason I wrote it. I've not visited in a while and have been on catch up. Thus reading virtually whole threads with seemingly every third link a dead one. I know, if I visit more often I won't find so many dead links but I felt like a vent. So there you go, I'm sorry.

Last edited:

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the pics DM, It's probably just me but I can never understand why people post Ebay links of stuff they've bought. In a couple of weeks time it'll be a dead link. Pointless. If you're going to bother posting, copy the photo, you've just bought it off the seller, they are unlikely to get all copyright-est over you using the pic of an item you now own. Surely copying the photo is as easy as copying the link?

In a couple of weeks I should have the item and can post my own pics. ;)

But I completely understand what your saying. Nothing is more aggravating than going through old topics without a pic to be found.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I got this from Ebay. It was dreadfully photographed and there were no other bidders - meaning I got it for £13. The photos were so bad I didn't even realise it had a belt. The vendors said was 1950s but I think it could be earlier (not that it matters because I'd like it whether it was made in 1920 or 1980):

Burberry-1_zps9893c0f1.jpg

Burberry-2_zpsd145dde1.jpg

IMG_3624_zps73b2f893.jpg

IMG_3630_zps209d919c.jpg

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
You have all the luck TT! Stunning coat with fantastic liner. Looks certainly 30-40's to me. :eusa_clap

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I was very lucky with this coat. I have to thank the gods of ebay that this was so badly listed and didn't have any other bidders!

And don't worry Ed, the cold weather will be coming.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
The first pic was/is badass. You could definitely join my mob anytime with that look. What's on your feet, they look interesting. What cap as well.

Worf

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Great score,TT! I'd probably lower the belt a tad but that's just a matter of personal preference.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Fabric is brown with a blue check

Not sure of vintage. I believe it to be pre-50's. This one is super heavy. My photos do NOT do this coat justice. For whatever reason, my camera is being a pain, and making all of my photos come out blurry or pixelated.

03910.jpg

04210.jpg

01614.jpg

01711.jpg

02910.jpg

sdf10.jpg

02113.jpg

02412.jpg

02610.jpg

Last edited:

yorkshirechap

Familiar Face
Hi all, I have been away from here for a year or two but have not been away from ebay or charity shops!
I received today a fantastic Crombie wool overcoat bought on ebay for £19.
It was made in 1957 for the sellers father-in-law (the names in the coat and that of the seller confirm) and is in mint condition. It is in a black herringbone wool and fully lined in what feels like silk. The attention to detail includes a velvet lining inside the front patch pockets. The tailor was Michael Sax from West London and I would say it is a bespoke item.

I will take some photos tomorrow and post.

Rob

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Just added a couple of things to my military outerwear "collection". One short troopers overcoat with Royal Horse Artillery ball-shaped buttons and one Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment winter cloak in Life Guards colours. Both are nearly flawless except for a missing button on each coat. The cloak is a truly amazing garment - photos cannot do it justice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy