Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your photography

Fairfax and Wilshire, Los Angeles
July 13, 2015

61e2cbea-48d9-41b4-a837-927021818536_zpsblawqwox.jpg

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Great photo! I remember several years ago, there was a program about flying cars. Dick Rutan, said, at any given moment there are hardly any planes in the air, and we should go out side and look for ourselves, so I did. It looked about like your photo, I had to laugh.

Thanks, Stearman. I love clouds and this particular day some sort of condition in the atmosphere froze all the contrails in the sky.

Nice composistion! M8 with red-ish filter or pure post production B/W-conversion?

Thanks. I was using my astronomy camera, which is a monochrome streaming 6MP industrial webcam (with no IR blocking filter) and a 780nm IR filter. The lens was an old Nikkor 50 f1.2. Most of what I shot was through a small telescope. It's a cloudy day vacation project I've done for a number of years. I'll post a few others.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Stearman. I love clouds and this particular day some sort of condition in the atmosphere froze all the contrails in the sky.

I am sure you have seen the photos from WWII, where all you see is the contrails. I always have to remind my self, as beautiful as those photos were, men were dieing in those contrails! [video=youtube;wfOrez6q7WM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfOrez6q7WM[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112