Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your photography

HanauMan

Practically Family
On a brighter note............

IMG_0126.JPG

Berchtesgaden: view of the town and the Watzmann mountain.

draws

Practically Family
This one of the more memorable sunsets from the deck of our "camp" in northern Vermont...
View attachment 130091

...and then there was this one, from our next door neighbor's porch.
View attachment 130092
This is more usual than out of the ordinary in Northern Vt and NH. I'm not far from you as the crow flies. Love the sunsets. Have hundreds of photos. Have posted many of them in this forum and will have more to come. Nice photos.

This is more usual than out of the ordinary in Northern Vt and NH. I'm not far from you as the crow flies. Love the sunsets. Have hundreds of photos. Have posted many of them in this forum and will have more to come. Nice photos.

Thank you for the comment! Now I need to go back and scan the thread for your posts! I'm actually a native of that area, and have been grabbing these easy shots since we've owned our camp. I was born and raised in the "Northeast Kingdom," and started taking pictures around 1966. I'm guessing you're in the Pittsburg, NH area?! Are you familiar with the site "Capture My Vermont?"

draws

Practically Family
Thank you for the comment! Now I need to go back and scan the thread for your posts! I'm actually a native of that area, and have been grabbing these easy shots since we've owned our camp. I was born and raised in the "Northeast Kingdom," and started taking pictures around 1966. I'm guessing you're in the Pittsburg, NH area?! Are you familiar with the site "Capture My Vermont?"
Good to hear that you are nearby. No, I'm not familiar with that site but will look it up. I have a camp on Akers Pond in Errol, NH, going on 36 years now and about 45 miles from Pittsburg. Keep posting your photos. Just love sunsets. Especially panoramas.

HanauMan

Practically Family
The pilgrimage church of St. Bartholomew on the shore of the Konigssee with the Watzmann massif in the background (APS film transferred to digital).

IMG_0132.JPG

The Obersee (small lake next to the larger Konigssee). Foreground mountain is in Germany, the one beyond is in Austria (APS film transferred to digital). The APS format lacks sharpness, giving this a dreamy quality which I rather like.

IMG_0130.JPG

Last edited:

HanauMan

Practically Family
I do like the New England photos above. They all remind me of the romanticism of the Hudson River school of artists, especially of the works by Frederic Edwin Church and Thomas Cole. The photo of the crepuscular rays especially reminds me of Frederic Edwin Church. Have either of you been consciously influenced by the these artists in your photography?

draws

Practically Family
The pilgrimage church of St. Bartholomew on the shore of the Konigssee with the Watzmann massif in the background (APS film transferred to digital).

View attachment 130168

The Obersee (small lake next to the larger Konigssee). Foreground mountain is in Germany, the one beyond is in Austria (APS film transferred to digital). The APS format lacks sharpness, giving this a dreamy quality which I rather like.

View attachment 130169
Great photos, HanauMan. Also visited St. Bartholomew church but the weather was overcast and were unable to get the breathtaking views you were able to see. Nice.

draws

Practically Family
I do like the New England photos above. They all remind me of the romanticism of the Hudson River school of artists, especially of the works by Frederic Edwin Church and Thomas Cole. The photo of the crepuscular rays especially reminds me of Frederic Edwin Church. Have either of you been consciously influenced by the these artists in your photography?
Interesting that you should ask. My artistic background is not as well refined as to having seen Frederic Church's work although I do paint with oils (self taught). That being said, my interest in photography and art has been influenced more by contemporary realist like James Aponovich but have always focused inward to personal likes so as to not be too influenced by others. I have always tried to be influenced by my inward personal likes/dislikes/feelings and needs rather than others. Here is an example of one of my oil paintings of one of my granddaughters to show how/where my preferences lie. I don't mean to change focus in this forum to paintings but to only describe where my interests lie in the visual sense. Hope I am not breaking the rules here either.
2007_Lauren_painting_small.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails