Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And here they are...

one of my favorite purchases ever:

p1010841pm9.jpg

p1010848jz0.jpg

p1010850th7.jpg

p1010856rr9.jpg

Yesterday was a good day. :)

(The unique opportunity forced me out of hat mode, Marty. :eek: )

Marty M.

Vendor
Wowzer.

Alan, I would have sent a reply earlier, but I drooled on my keyboard and had to dry it off.:eusa_doh: Nice find. Now let's see what special outfit you're going to put it with.
Marty Mathis

Dagwood

Practically Family
Inspired by the Summer issue of Classic Style, I went out and picked me up a pair of Allen Edmonds. This is the Ramsey.

b_021239.jpg

AlanC

Socks on sale at Banana Republic, $2.99/ea:

p1010937uq4.jpg

The self argyle/diamond pattern seems vintage-y to me.

Dooney & Bourke braces from thrift:

p1010942dz4.jpg

AlanC

I know I buy too much...

but I know some of you are bound to as well. Y'all must not want the photographic evidence to be out there! ;)

p1010945fe9.jpg

2 pairs of Corbin Country Wale Corduroy trousers (plain front, one cuffed, one not)
Land's End button down (trim fit)
Hermes tie

~$15

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
Alan C, you can't go wrong with Alden. IMO the finest of American cobblers. AE cannot hold a candle to Alden. There is no comparison. I've never had a pair of American shoes that were better wearing, more comfortable or well made than my Aldens.

bk

It's unfortunate that their selection in NYC is so much more limited, otherwise I would've gone with them instead of AE last month.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
New hats!!

These two hats were lucky finds from the infamous Cheap Jack's in NYC...for actually relatively cheap, too. $35 and $65 respectively.

b_184039.jpg

b_184043.jpg

b_184056.jpg

b_184144.jpg

b_184230.jpg

b_184237.jpg

Here's a Dobbs Twenty that I picked up on eBay a few weeks ago- the brim is a little wide for my face, but I'm sure there's a suit with really wide shoulders that I can wear it with.

b_184714.jpg

b_184724.jpg

b_185038.jpg

The Art Fawcett-esque bow

b_185131.jpg

Cavanagh Edge

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I picked up this sweater at the Polo RL store inside of Bergdorf Goodman, one of the best men's stores in Manhattan. They were having a summer clearance sale, and lo and behold, they had a linen/silk/cotton fairisle sweater that fit me suprisingly well, with higher armholes than most of the other Polo sweaters I've tried on.
b_184321.jpg

b_184330.jpg

b_184341.jpg

I picked up the polka dotted blue tie, something I've wanted since I've seen it paired with everything in Apparel Arts. The striped tie on the right was a vintage store in Manhattan that I picked up with Sen. Jack, Feraud, and MrBern after lunch last week.
b_184519.jpg

AlanC

I picked this great wool shirt jacket up yesterday fro $1.50 at a local thrift shop:

nigelsshaiasshirtjackethy1.jpg

It's from a local high end men's shop and made by 'Nigel's Soft', which I've never heard of.

At the local charity shop on Walthamstow High Street the other day i found 5 30s ties shown here. there was also a 50s tie that i didn't photograph, but i did pick it up. These ones are all wool except for the blue woven silk one at the extreme right of this photo. I really like the grey check w/ blue overcheck on the left . . .

LocalTies.jpg

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff