Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
At the local charity shop on Walthamstow High Street the other day i found 5 30s ties shown here. there was also a 50s tie that i didn't photograph, but i did pick it up. These ones are all wool except for the blue woven silk one at the extreme right of this photo. I really like the grey check w/ blue overcheck on the left . . .
bk

Congratulations! Very nice forms, and the second from left is fascinating.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
AlanC said:
I picked this great wool shirt jacket up yesterday fro $1.50 at a local thrift shop:
It's from a local high end men's shop and made by 'Nigel's Soft', which I've never heard of.

Very nice. Reminds me of the three-pocket Pendletons only not as loud.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Quigley Brown said:
Very nice. Reminds me of the three-pocket Pendletons only not as loud.

Thanks! For 'loud' I picked this up a little while back, although not three-pocket:

p1010664ur7.jpg

herringbonekid said:
can't believe you found those 30s ties in a charity shop on your doorstep Baron. you truly are blessed with vintage divining gift.

You might be right. Todays haul for a grand total of 4.49 pounds. All from the very same Walthamstow High Street charity shop as those last ties:

1 40s and 1 50s tie.
2 boxes of 50s? men's handkerchiefs (still in boxes).

And last and most certainly not least

1 pair prisitine condition golden era khaki shorts. With some sand n the pockets . . .

I'll put some pics up later. I suspect some people here will be able to help me date the shorts. "Anglorat" brand. With waist adjuster buckles by M.A.G.I.

Here's that haul:

On the left is a tie made for Army Navy Stores Ltd. Bombay, Calcutta (The Mumbai store was the last in India and closed in 1952, so this tie dates to before that, but after 1934, when the company name changed to Army & Navy Stores Ltd.Given the shape of the tie i'm guessing mid-late 1930s) by Sambrook Witting & Co Ltd. and on the right is a 50s tie. Between them are the two boxed sets of handkerchiefs. And on the bottom are the shorts. Each piece will appear separately in the appropriate threads.

TodaysHaul.jpg

bk

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^I really like that Sambrook Witting paisley, and especially for the Indian provenance. Can you post a detailed picture of it?

Thanks chaps.

There were two Burton's 1950s sports coats too, but i didn't have enough money wit me. They were about size 40 and very conservative. If anyone's interested i'll pick them up.

Keep an eye on the show us your ties thread. Funnily enough it was made in England in an Indian pattern and sent out to India to be sold.

Maybe the Congress Party had a point after all, eh?

bk

Feraud

Bartender
Here is some of the smaller goods I nabbed while checking the flea markets this weekend In Connecticut.
DSC02548.jpg

DSC02549.jpg

I am going to have to use these soon! The wrapper is stained but the invites are fine.
scan0178.jpg

scan0179.jpg

scan0176.jpg

scan0177.jpg

This is a black military tie.
scan0183.jpg

scan0182.jpg

This isn't all i got from charity shops this week, but it's all i've got photos of. this here is a 30s or 40s (probably 30s) Dunn & Co. Overcoat. Despite a little mothing, which isn't really noticeable due to the fabric, and a missing button, it's in great condition. The fabric is a very wide brown/cream herringbone. An *extremely* heavy coat. Well worth the (tiny) price i paid for it. Thank you, Oxfam Tottenham! Too big for me, so i'll probably sell it here.

DunnOvercoat1.jpg

DunnOvercoat2.jpg

I also got a boater and yet another 30s tie from the Walthamstow High Street charity shops . . . All in all a great week, with the addition of the Campaign hat to be seen in the "Hats" forum.

bk

Another Walthamstow High Street Oxfam find. A pair of trousers. Unsure of age, unsure of what exactly they are, but i have the impression they're military dress uniform trousers. Maybe RN? The mannequin is my new toy.

trousers are made of the blackest black whipcord. Quite heavy and 11.5" rise. 2 rear pockets, flapless and buttonless.

WalthamstowTrousers1.jpg
WalthamstowTrousers3.jpg

WalthamstowTrousers2.jpg

Flat front with a very wide ticket pocket and button fly closure.

WalthamstowTrousers4.jpg

bk

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Palm Beach Ties

Nick Charles said:
65467012_o.jpg

sports shirt

870e_1_sbl.JPG

bluebell work pants

gabw1.JPG

wool gab shirt

e0e1_12.JPG

a4b3_12.JPG

8166_12.JPG

d1e6_1.JPG

rockab1.JPG

Thanks for that shot. I have a Palm Beach Tie I thrifted from Maurice Rothschilds - a famous US store and it had the same folded and pressed style instead of sewing the fabric like a modern tie. Anyone got any idea of the age of the PB ties?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou