Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

Feraud

Bartender
WWII trousers and pinks.
DSC02881.jpg

DSC02877.jpg

A pair of dark green dress pants. No belt loops but uses an adjustable side strap.
DSC02873.jpg

DSC02874.jpg

No pics yet, but the Walthamstow charity shops threw up almost £450 ($900) worth of shoes yesterday.

A pair of Crocket and Jones cap toes (~£250/$500 retail) that had been very well looked after, and *finally* a pair of R. M. Williams paddock boots (£185/$370 retail).

Both in my size for a sum total of £18.

bk

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
p1050358hb4.jpg

• Dunhill tie
  • RL Polo braces--ca. 1980s, I suspect; pigskin tabs?
  • unlabeled ribbon belt
  • The Elegant Man, by Villarosa & Angeli--this is a great book; I highly recommend it.

AlanC

^ Both excellent acquisitions! :eusa_clap

And if you look at it the right way, the money you saved off retail on buying the sportcoat pretty much paid for the Peals. ;)

Are those Peals made by Crockett & Jones or Sargent?

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Alan, if I had all the money I've "saved" by buying at thrift stores instead of full retail, I'd be a millionaire. Or at least a several-thousand-aire. Somehow, though, it just doesn't seem to work that way.

I believe the shoes are made by Sargent. The nail pattern on the heel looks like the one used by AS on the Westminster pictured in the "Secrets to ID the maker" thread on SF.

AlanC

BK, agreeing with Orgetorix, I think C&J is very good, particularly their Handgrade line. The Brooks Peals that are C&J made seem to sit somewhere between regular Benchgrade and Handgrade level. Of English RTW cordwainers the general feeling seems to be:

Very top: John Lobb Paris | Edward Green | Gaziano & Girling

Not quite top, but very, very good: Crockett & Jones Handgrade | Grenson Masterpiece (now made under contract for certain stores like Paul Stuart in NYC)

Orgetorix said:
Alan, if I had all the money I've "saved" by buying at thrift stores instead of full retail, I'd be a millionaire. Or at least a several-thousand-aire. Somehow, though, it just doesn't seem to work that way.
Shhhhh--don't tell my wife. :whistling

AlanC

A rare (for me) NWT blowout of RL Polo ties and pocket squares, all made in Italy:

p1050823de8.jpg

p1050828fj6.jpg

Believe it or not, that's about $1100 worth of stuff retail. I paid less than that. ;)

AlanC

I seem to have more purchases than others around here. :eek:

I have this on its way to me:

64233467bf5.jpg

It ought to go well with this, also on its way:

ae80_1.JPG

Anybody have any notion how old that collar pin might be?

AlanC

Feraud said:
I cannot see the first photo but wanted to ask you if this collar would accept a pin.

How's this?

collarclose

Vintage deadstock collar pin. The collar doesn't have predone holes, but traditionally people just stuck one in anyway. I'm going to try to get the courage do that!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
No pics yet, but the Walthamstow charity shops threw up almost £450 ($900) worth of shoes yesterday.
A pair of Crocket and Jones cap toes (~£250/$500 retail) that had been very well looked after, and *finally* a pair of R. M. Williams paddock boots (£185/$370 retail).
Both in my size for a sum total of £18.
bk

BK, What a steal!

Looking forward to photos.

Feraud

Bartender
AlanC said:
How's this?

collarclose

Vintage deadstock collar pin. The collar doesn't have predone holes, but traditionally people just stuck one in anyway. I'm going to try to get the courage do that!
Nice pin. I would be too scared to stick it through the collar!
Do you have a clip style pin? This style will save a couple of poked holes through your collar.
Picture6069.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace