Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

MB5

One of the Regulars
These showed up yesterday. Does anyone know what the W.O.W. item is or what it stands for? Best I can figure it may be a stud. Does anyone have an idea what the significance of the fly pin is or the other two pins? One of the tubes in the travel kit has a drop in bottom, was this to allow a shaving brush to dry? Any help understanding some of these items would be much appreciated.

I found the Martinizing "pocket square" behind the lid of the first box, and the small pins were tucked into the tie bar holder so those were fun discoveries.

pincomp.jpg

DSC00800.JPG

DSC00799.JPG

DSC00797.JPG

DSC00796.JPG

DSC00793.JPG

DSC00792.JPG

DSC00791.JPG

MB5

One of the Regulars
Thanks! The fly pin is actually just painted. I love it, but I fear that if I wear it someone is going to try to brush it off me and destroy it.

Is that what the chain is? I thought the clasp seemed absurdly bulky for a pocket watch. Thanks for the insight!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
The round clasp is for either a set of keys or a pocket watch. (Your choice.) The other clasp clips onto your trouser's waistband, on your left side (near the left front pocket). The keys, of course, go into that pocket.

In the 1930s, a fancier (platinum or white gold) version of your trouser chain was often worn with white tie and tails. Not to mention the extra long version worn by zoot suiters.

Braxton36

One of the Regulars
MB5 said:
These showed up yesterday. Does anyone know what the W.O.W. item is or what it stands for? Best I can figure it may be a stud. Does anyone have an idea what the significance of the fly pin is or the other two pins? One of the tubes in the travel kit has a drop in bottom, was this to allow a shaving brush to dry? Any help understanding some of these items would be much appreciated.

My guess is that the "WOW" pin is a membership pin for the quasi-fraternal organization called "Woodmen of the World" which was also an early life insurance company. You can look them up: www.woodmen.com

MB5

One of the Regulars
Braxton36 said:
My guess is that the "WOW" pin is a membership pin for the quasi-fraternal organization called "Woodmen of the World" which was also an early life insurance company. You can look them up: www.woodmen.com

Thanks, that is it. I found a site with some pins from the Woodmen of the World and found one that has the same image as my pin on it.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Baron Kurtz said:
Remarkably this thread has fallen onto page 2! Bada-bump ...

He'll be here all week folks... don't forget to tip your waitress.lol

That's a cool coat BK, I have a navy blue coat that's longer then that... it has pleated flap pockets and is a Postman's coat... it has a nice bi-swing back and some what of a belted back... has a zipper front and is quite nice for running around in... reminds me, I need to take it to the cleaners.

Oh, it's from the 50's I'm sure.

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
Nick Charles said:
green_ricky1.jpg

My new Days Iron Duke whipcord jacket

Nice... is that a dark green? I like that color!

Oh, BK... you can have the zipper replaced at a good tailor shop... they should have a good metal zipper they could cut to the right length... or, try the candle trick that Herringbone mentioned.

=WR=

MB5

One of the Regulars
I picked these up on eBay. Now I just need to make or buy a shirt to wear them with.

DSC00814.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925