Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Doran said:
Pretty freakilicious, ain't they? I am leaning toward tinted prescription lenses still. Green tinted. We'll see ... I also have some Ronsir Shurons coming in, so I have some choices to make. I have never seen a single person with octagon glasses in my life (in memory, at least) ...

Oh yeah, green tinted, I should have thought of that. They're going to turn heads, pal!

A few things--so far:rolleyes: :eusa_doh: :
453a_1.JPG

06b9_1.JPG

27c8_1.JPG

The Shooman

Practically Family
Trickers `gunboats'.

Drive an hour in heavy traffic and picked up this great pair of Trickers `gunboats'. Soles are surprisingly flexible on first wear. l intend to wear these alot as muck around shoos and for lots of walking. l really like the fit.

l'll give them a good polish tommorrow and try to bring them up real nice.

l've always been proud of my big fat gunboats.

Regards: The Shooman.

The Shooman

Practically Family
A pair of Santoni Handmade (tan sock).
PIC_00012.jpg

PIC_00032.jpg

l was gonna be an idiot and buy a pair of brown Gucci captoes and a pair of over priced Moreschi loafers, but l held true to Santoni.

Brinybay

Practically Family
The Shooman said:
Drive an hour in heavy traffic and picked up this great pair of Trickers `gunboats'. Soles are surprisingly flexible on first wear. l intend to wear these alot as muck around shoos and for lots of walking. l really like the fit.

l'll give them a good polish tommorrow and try to bring them up real nice.

l've always been proud of my big fat gunboats.

Regards: The Shooman.

Ok I'm confused about the term "gunboat". You or someone else used it in another thread when referring to what I thought were "wingtips" (like in your avatar). When you use the term "gunboats" for a shoe, what exactly is it? A particular brand? Googling it only brings up the literal, armed warships.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Brinybay said:
Ok I'm confused about the term "gunboat". You or someone else used it in another thread when referring to what I thought were "wingtips" (like in your avatar). When you use the term "gunboats" for a shoe, what exactly is it? A particular brand? Googling it only brings up the literal, armed warships.

Gunboats are not just double sole shoes. Gunboats = large double sole shoo-monsters with very broad 360 degree welting (usually wingtips, but can be other shoos too).

The Shooman

Practically Family
Doran said:
Shooman, can the black crap be taken off? I mean on the toes. If so, with what?

l really like the black at the end of the toes. Yes, it can be taken off because it's a crust leather. Maybe a neutral wax (lots of rubbing under pressure) or some alcohol would take it off.

Ugarte

A-List Customer
These came in the mail today.

Three silk Hawiian shirts and this very reasonably priced Panama.

Click to see human-enjoyable images:

And in today's weather, it's 38º F and the wind is blowing snow and shingles off my roof with 40-mph gusts.

And now back to your regularly scheduled browsing. :)

Mark

NOTE: These are fancy schmancy High Dynamic Range photos. While they have been heavily processed, they do fairly represent the appearance of the subjects therein. Pretty sweet, no?

The Shooman

Practically Family
l just wanted to get three pics on the one page.

Shoos again gents!

Trickers monsters again. :)

Trickers do some of the best double sole shoos (they make some of the biggest). Consider them gents.

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
I picked up this Diamond Point Bowtie while out thrifting on Friday, I think likely late 40's or 50's, cost me all of sixty-cents. I love these treasure finds!

DSC00935-1.jpg

Ugarte

A-List Customer
JohnnyGringo said:
I picked up this Diamond Point Bowtie while out thrifting on Friday, I think likely late 40's or 50's, cost me all of sixty-cents. I love these treasure finds!

Tre cool Johnny. I'm envious -- we have no thrift stores chocked full of vintage goodness around here. :(

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats