Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Yeah I was thinking it would have tobe worn with a sweater , which sucks cause it's getting hot. That's to bad you don't like the fabric. If you do take it apart and draft a new dress, do let us see the results ;)

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Rockapin-up said:
Yeah I was thinking it would have tobe worn with a sweater , which sucks cause it's getting hot.

what if you tried wearing it with a slim-fitting, spaghetti-strap tank top underneath? i have a few items i do that with to tame them down for work and it usually looks really nice! cute dress!!

pink dahlia, i love the gingham!

kerry

One of the Regulars
Glad to see that most of you are as addicted to ebay as me. I must stop shopping but couldnt resist this
cocktaildress.jpg

Amelie, those little dolls are lovely. I always had Sindy dolls as they were more popular in the Uk in the seventies. How old are they?

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I´m allways overwhelmed by the sight of the beautifull items here (and allways a bit jealous ;) )

Well, as if I wouldn´t have enough gloves I bought 17 pairs What was I thinking? :eusa_doh: lol But they were cheap!!!![huh]

Who knows if all of them will fit anyway... and if not you´ll find them back on ebay soon.

6dee_1.JPG

75ac_1.JPG

kerry

One of the Regulars
RetroModelSari said:
I´m allways overwhelmed by the sight of the beautifull items here (and allways a bit jealous ;) )

Well, as if I wouldn´t have enough gloves I bought 17 pairs What was I thinking? :eusa_doh: lol But they were cheap!!!![huh]

Who knows if all of them will fit anyway... and if not you´ll find them back on ebay soon.

6dee_1.JPG

75ac_1.JPG

They are lovely!

Amelie

A-List Customer
kerry said:
]
Amelie, those little dolls are lovely. I always had Sindy dolls as they were more popular in the Uk in the seventies. How old are they?

Actually they are brand new, but Mattel took the vintage Barbie face mold for this series, and gave it to Robert Best (the designer) who is creating the collection with a lot of vintage feel

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Rockapinup, you are really hitting the jackpot lately! I love all your stuff, especially the latest Stop Staring dress! Fab! :)
Amelie, love the dolls! I'd collect all sorts if I hadn't watched so many horror movies, and had a phobia of them! :eusa_doh: :p
RetroModel- What a great stash! How lucky that you got a bargain on them! :)

Here's a little 50's number I picked up.Very prim, if not -terribly- stylish set. But I think it's sweet. And hello there, $10 club! ;)
93af_1_b.JPG

956d_1.JPG

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Shearer said:
Ohhhh, there's some lovely dresses and patterns being bought. I really wish I had stuck with sewing after my high school home ec class!

I know I'm not even supposed to be looking at eBay, but... the Buy It Now... it mocks me!

Taffeta is swishy:

c85e_12.jpg
Did you buy this? If not, PLEASE share the link!

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Sheez I'm gone for a week and you girls have gone crazy. Everyone getting the spring fever. I bought a very cute Western shirt in Austin (not vintage) but cute, after I wash it I will post. I'm soory but peeps belong in the microwave. Nuke them for a 1 min and watch them grow. Lots of fun.
Pink Dahlia said:
:eek:fftopic:
I LOVE PEEPS!

These:
peeps-512.jpg

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
ShooShooBaby said:
what if you tried wearing it with a slim-fitting, spaghetti-strap tank top underneath? i have a few items i do that with to tame them down for work and it usually looks really nice! cute dress!!

pink dahlia, i love the gingham!

Oooh, good idea. I have a couple of tops I do that with now, so I will definatley try that. Thanks :)

Kimberly

Practically Family
I just bought this. It has been so cold here in Massachusetts that I think I will be able to wear it at least once before the fall. I couldn't resist!

NavyDress.jpg

Amelie

A-List Customer
Kimberly said:
I just bought this. It has been so cold here in Massachusetts that I think I will be able to wear it at least once before the fall. I couldn't resist!

NavyDress.jpg
This is going to be so nice on you!! :eek: I hope you are going to show us some picture of when you try it on!!!!

Kimberly

Practically Family
Thanks Amelie, I will take pics I promise! lol

I feel so good finally getting something on eBay. I have been outbid for a week straight. I got this on Buy it Now. It was a little steeper than what I am used to paying but it's so my style and I just had to have it. I just hope it fits! She says a size 8 but I am a little worried about the hips. We shall see.

Kimberly

Practically Family
The only problem I may have is the hips. It says 34 inch hips and I actually own a couple of suits w/ 34 inch hips that fit allright. If that doesn't work than I am going to buy myself a pair of spanx biker shorts to suck in an inch on each hip. It has to fit or I will be so upset. :rage: :D

I understand your frustration though. It is one of the biggest reasons why I seldom buy from eBay. I get it and it doesn't fit or there is something wrong with it they didn't disclose, etc.

I am staying positive though. I will make it fit! LOL!

Amelie

A-List Customer
why don't you try an automatic bidding website? ebay really becomes stress free this way, and I managed to have huge deals with it! (got for 36$ a doll that usually sells for more than 120 for example!)

Kimberly

Practically Family
Amelie said:
why don't you try an automatic bidding website? ebay really becomes stress free this way, and I managed to have huge deals with it! (got for 36$ a doll that usually sells for more than 120 for example!)

I am afraid to even know what that is LOL! Let me tell you I have been so frustrated getting outbid that I am now more vulnerable to bidding higher than I want to. Maybe something like this will help me.

It's like a sniping program right?

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I though those were not allowed. If I'm thinking of the same thing I know someone who got his eBay privileges revoked because of that.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kimberly said:
I am afraid to even know what that is LOL! Let me tell you I have been so frustrated getting outbid that I am now more vulnerable to bidding higher than I want to. Maybe something like this will help me.

It's like a sniping program right?

I probably shouldn't admit to using a bidding service, but, they are so great and I won many auctions that I probably would have lost if I had tried to bid on my own.
Basically you pay a small fee, it's on average 20 cents to a dollar per auction. You give the service the item number and the amount of your maximum bid, and they bid for you. If you don't win, you don't pay. But, they have a way of getting your bid in at the very last second, so more often than not you will win, provided your max bid hasn't already been reached. This is a stress free way to win the items you want. You're not constantly bidding on one item, driving up the price. I have gotten some really good deals using a bidding service, or what it really known as a sniper.
Check out EZ Sniper. They have been very reliable. They offer your first 5 snipes for free. Then when you set up an account you put money in it through paypal and they just deduct there fees directly from that. I put in $25 about 8 months ago, and I still have nearly half of that left, and I have used this service a lot. No more worrying about being home to place a bid at the last minute, or staying up til' the wee hours of the morning to place a bid.
I'm pretty sure that most of the people who place bids at the very last minute use a sniper. I was looking at the bidding history of an item that I won. EZ Sniper placed my bid with less than one second left in the auction, just points of a second after the previous bidder. I have no idea how they get the bids in this way, but I know even with my fast internet connection, I would never be able to place a bid in that time frame.

Also, and I'm sure you know this already, but it doesn't pay to place a bid early on in an auction. It just drives the price of the item up. Ebay is a game, it's all about who can get their bid in at the very last second. If everybody just waited til the last minute of the auction to bid, then the price will stay low. It's really pointless to bid any sooner, because for some reason this makes other people bid sooner, and the price only goes up from there. So put the item on your watch list and leave it alone, let the sniper service put your bid in at the last minute and hope that you win.:D

Oh and by the way, that dress is great! I'm sure it will look lovely on you. For the hip area you could always go the vintage route and buy a corselete or an opened bottom girdle. I have an OB that I bought at Lady Grace, made by Crowne that brings me down nearly 2 dress sizes, and it was 20% off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart