Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
My Two Cents

Call me a crybaby if you will but I don't think those programs are fair to others. I choose to bid on eBay the "old fashioned" way.

Amelie

A-List Customer
its because they are not fair that I am using them, I can stand the idea that someone is using them against me and I dont

its just like accepting to be beaten by something stupid

I really used to bid at the last minute by myself (like in the last 5 seconds) but I became so stressed when I was away from a computer at the end of an auction that it simply was insane

those programs are really better for my health lol

Amelie

A-List Customer
Oh dont misunderstand me! I dont judge you on what you are (or not) doing!
I was simply saying that this solution is better for me, but I truly respect your opinion, and share it in some way

unfortunately I think I am a bit over-competitive (can I say that?)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pink Dahlia said:
Call me a crybaby if you will but I don't think those programs are fair to others. I choose to bid on eBay the "old fashioned" way.
I understand where you're coming from. But ebay has become so darn competitive, and I was losing so many auctions, I had to do something about it. In the end, ebay is about getting the things that you want, snipers allow me to do that. Also, they have helped me to save money. I put in a max bid, and leave it alone. If it's not high enough, I'm not sitting watching the auction and upping my max bid just in the hopes that I win an item. In the past I ended up paying way more than I wanted to for certain items. With the sniper service I don't watch the auction, and if my max bid isn't high enough in the end, then that's that. No putting in astronomical amounts and then regretting it later.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Pink Dahlia said:
I have a ceiling. I don't up my bid any more than that and then I don't end up overpaying. :)

I have a ceiling too, which I put into esnipe, and if the price goes over that I don't win and if the price doesn't go over that I haven't artificially inflated the price by placing my maximum bid too early.

It's not illegal on ebay to use sniping programs, as far as I know. Does ebay actually have a policy? Who wants to do a search?!

Kim_B

Practically Family
There are no indications on eBay's site that say sniping is prohibited. In fact, eBay encourages you to snipe your auctions, whether you used the old fashioned method of waiting to bid at the last minute or using a sniping service. So, Snipe away, ladies! ;)

eBay said:
What eBay does not investigate

eBay doesn't investigate simple misunderstandings, failure to communicate, and interpersonal disputes over which eBay has no control. Here are some examples of other things that eBay doesn't investigate:

snip

Bid Sniping (last minute bidding).

We always recommend bidding the absolute maximum you are willing to pay for an item. eBay uses a proxy bidding system, so you may bid as high as you wish, but the current bid that is registered will only be a small increment above the next lowest bid. The remainder of your Maximum Bid is held, by the system, to be used in the event someone bids against you.
Almost everything else that is not in the list of offenses, we will investigate.

Any technical questions, billing questions, etc., should be sent to the appropriate email address to avoid delays. You may find the proper contacts using the "Contact Us" on the left side of any page in the eBay Help system. For more information, see About Customer Support.

Daisy Buchanan

I'm so happy I just won this cute day dress. The skirt has sparrows on it that spell out the alphabet! This is definitely the most interesting fabric pattern I own.
I went a bit over my max bid policy, but I just had to have it. I hope it's as cute in person. Here's the link, you might be able to see the pattern better from her enlarged pics. They were just too big for me to post.
65b0_1.JPG
bbd4_1.JPG

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Pink Dahlia said:

I totally agree, I have lost SO many auctions to people who used programs rather than actually attempt to win an item themselves.
its NOT FAIR, in my opinion. but.. i guess everyone feels differently about it.
i feel it gives people an unfair advantage...
I have lost alot of things to those stupid "bots"

Kimberly

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
I'm so happy I just won this cute day dress. The skirt has sparrows on it that spell out the alphabet! This is definitely the most interesting fabric pattern I own.
I went a bit over my max bid policy, but I just had to have it. I hope it's as cute in person. Here's the link, you might be able to see the pattern better from her enlarged pics. They were just too big for me to post.
65b0_1.JPG
bbd4_1.JPG

:eek: :eek:

Daisy!!! I am so happy for you!!! I was eyeballing that and loved it but it wouldn't fit me. I am so happy someone I know can enjoy it!! :D :D

I actually lost on a bid from the same seller last night. :rolleyes:

Snookie

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
65b0_1.JPG
bbd4_1.JPG

Daisy, that's super duper cute! I can see why it went for so much. ;) It's just wonderful.

Kim_B

Practically Family
The way I see it, using a sniping service is no different than staying logged into eBay keeping a watchful eye on the auction...It's just less nerve-wracking I think!

Kimberly

Practically Family
I am so bored that I will show you a few things I bought over the past month. lol I have been crunching numbers since 8 this morning and can't do anymore.

Here are a house dress that needs to be steamed. I had just washed it and decided to take some pics. Question: Do any of you own steamers to get wrinkles out of your clothes and if you do, do you have any suggestions?

This dress is very cute on and actually has a german label.

greendressgerman.jpg

Kimberly

Practically Family
Here is a 40's suit I picked up for $7.00!!! It needed some work though and I am almost done mending it.

I have a really hard time photographing black but the pockets on the upper chest are wonderful.

fulllengthbetter.jpg

Label
BettyWalesLabel.jpg

Kimberly

Practically Family
And finally a 60's wool bathing suit that is actually very comfy on. It hugs your curves but not so much that you can't breath.

It has fantastic light blue embroiderly that you can't see in the pic.

blueromper.jpg

Shearer

Practically Family
Tinseltown said:
Did you buy this? If not, PLEASE share the link!

I did buy against my own better judgment :eek: But it was actually a very good BIN price... the only thing wrong with it was a missing rhinestone on a button, which I can fix myself.

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
It seems that many of the pictures posted become rexed (red-X'ed) very quickly...I end up not getting to see a lot of folks' pictures. What's going on with that?

Shearer

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
65b0_1.JPG
bbd4_1.JPG

Soooo cute! That's one of the best dresses I've seen in weeks off of eBay... well done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart