Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Kimberly

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Schiaparelli was actually a contemporary of Coco Chanel's, so even the older ones could possibly be by her. :)

Thanks for the info. The reason why I thought it was more modern is because when I did an eBay search, all I really saw were more 60's or so hats.

I knew the name when I saw the box though. My radar kicked into high gear and I knew right then and there that it was worth the $3.00 before I even knew there were a bunch of hats in there. lol

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Kimberly said:
Misc Accesories: I have no clue what the black thing is. [huh]
snoots.jpg

It looks like a thong! lol

Kimberly

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
It looks like a thong! lol

Pink, for one slight second I thought the same thing when I saw it. It looks like one of those thong things you see at Fredricks of Hollywood for men. :eek: Not that I ever go into that store or anything. :eek: ;)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kimberly said:
Thanks for the info. The reason why I thought it was more modern is because when I did an eBay search, all I really saw were more 60's or so hats.

I knew the name when I saw the box though. My radar kicked into high gear and I knew right then and there that it was worth the $3.00 before I even knew there were a bunch of hats in there. lol

Sure!! I think most of her stuff tends to be labeled though. If you DO have any Schiap hats they're very valuable! I bet there is a book of Schiap hats out there somewhere.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Guess what I got today?

The frames aren't new I bought them in high school. There's actually a pic of me wearing them without any lenses in them as a Halloween costume! lol

Anyway, after my old sunglasses fell on the floor at the shop and broke I was without sunglasses for quite a while. This (you know if you've ever been to AZ) is like a death sentence. I finally got my butt in gear after being without sunglasses for many months. They called me this morning and said they were in!

l_ebfea94d2c23082a1c94785ad31fbfff.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Sure!! I think most of her stuff tends to be labeled though. If you DO have any Schiap hats they're very valuable! I bet there is a book of Schiap hats out there somewhere.

Ooh, that's good to know. I didn't realize the Schiaparelli hats were worth something. I have a great big weaved cream colored hat with flowers all over the brim. I was told it was from the 40's but I'm pretty sure it's late 50's. Hmm, I wonder if it's worth anything. I also have a great Schiaparelli swim dress from the 50's. Thanks Cafe Society!! I basically paid for the two items and ran out of the store before they realized what they had just sold:D

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
More from my auction....

Since it was a very nice day here, I started going through all the clothes I had purchased at that auction. Sunny days = get that musty smell out!lol I can say I got really lucky and most of the clothes are going to fit me. That is really lucky because I bought everything on a whim not really knowing! I know all you lovely ladies would have done the same thing!;) Here's a few more pics...

I love this satin glamour robe!!! It has cute little puffy bows all over it and lovely puff sleeves. And it's in minty condition!
bathrobe.jpg

I found lots of cute blouses and skirts!
redskirt.jpg

This is a sheer dress that I paired with a bolero. Now I'll have to go find some pretty slips to wear!
sheerdresswbolero.jpg

I love this wool herringbone jacket/shirt! To bad it's getting warm out!:p
woolherringbone.jpg

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Kim_B said:
This was my purchase for today (besides trash bags and gardening gloves):
51tswXwXHbL__SS500_-1.jpg

She-Ra Princess of Power: Season 1, Volume 2 :D I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!!!!
Haa! Another She-Ra fan!!!! My husband gave me Season 1, Vol 1 for Christmas. I think I shall go pop it in the DVD player tonight while I read the forum. I still have all my She-Ra toys.
I need to get off my duff and post some thing I got some months back.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Kimberly you stinker! I can't believe your lucky finds! Those hats (and boxes) are awesome!! I *think* the black thong looking thing is a snood for a bun or ponytale.. more equestrian like. It could've also been a dance card holder or what not.. may have even had a liner at one time.
How boutcha list your sailor pants in the classifides here?

MaryDeluxe you got some wonderful things too! I love the red skirt!!

Pink, the sunglasses look perfect! It's hard to find a pair you like, and those look just right on you! Great pic.

Nikki

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Lucky Duck!

Kimberly, you are the queen-shopper! I humbly bow before you! What swell hats!! I think I need to steal, uh, I mean borrow, your good luck charm....
I'm not sure, but that black thing looks like a snood of sorts to me too. It would make sense as the other items looked to be milnery as well.

Mary DeLuxe, I love your finds. I especially live that robe!

And Pink Dahlia, those sunglasses are wonderful! It makes me want a pair!

I'll have to make my own post in here soon too. Tonight I scored a reproduction sleeveless shirt dress in black and white polka dots!! Gotta get pictures! :)

kerry

One of the Regulars
Pink Dahlia said:
The frames aren't new I bought them in high school. There's actually a pic of me wearing them without any lenses in them as a Halloween costume! lol

Anyway, after my old sunglasses fell on the floor at the shop and broke I was without sunglasses for quite a while. This (you know if you've ever been to AZ) is like a death sentence. I finally got my butt in gear after being without sunglasses for many months. They called me this morning and said they were in!

l_ebfea94d2c23082a1c94785ad31fbfff.jpg
Nice glasses, they really suit you:)

Kimberly

Practically Family
Pink,

Thos glasses look great on you and I am still loving the hair!

Thanks Joi! I just had a lucky week that's all. There are some weeks where I get nothing and then I wind up over spending on eBay. I don't know if it's a good luck charm or just the fact that there are not a lot of people in my ara who like the type of stuff I like so it's more available to me. :D

I went to a yard sale today and did well again. I got 4 pairs of vintage stockings, a slip, this neat thing from the 60's called Dress-O-Matic (new in box). It is a dress form that you assemble and can go from a size 8 to 20 which is fantastic if I decide to start selling some of my non-vintage clothes on the Bay. I also picked up some vintage red curtains (2 sets) for my kitchen, a GE wall clock, two tins of sewings stuff (including 4 metal zippers and a ton of buttons and vintage thread on wood spools), a hanging vintage sewing thingie you hang on the wall, an advertising pot holder (with a 4 digit phone number), 3 50's echo red handles kitchen utensils (one brand new with packaging) and MY NUMBER ONE FIND OF THE DAY, was about 12 vintage little cook book thingies from Jell-O, Betty Crocker, etc, from the 20's and 30's!!!! All of that for $22.00!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred