Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Wow! Thank you :eek:

I can't wait to see the dress! That happened with a 20's housedress I bought once. My grandma looked at it and said "My mom wore a dress just like that". Isn't that the best?

maisie

Practically Family
My last purchase was a really cool mexican (it has cigars and a weird shaped botttle??) print cotton playsuit it is so cute and fits perfectly!:rolleyes: YAY!!:D

Rosie

One Too Many
I don't find sewing very hard, I taught myself. (Not that I'm so great at it but, I'm getting better). Truthfully, what I did was take old clothes apart, then they basically become shapes. Sewing is just putting those shapes together properly. I study clothes a lot, even those I don't really like just to see how they are made. Once you get the idea of the shapes that comprise the garment, you can probably sew almost anything. I hope that makes sense.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's finally spring in boston

It's finally nice and springy in Boston, which means I can dress vintage much more, and use my roof deck, which is where the pictures were taken. I just got these three dresses, perfect for spring.

Vanessa

One Too Many
Yay - the black/blue and orange dress! I'll second Neecerie on that question. Will it be making a NY appearance?

Lauren

bc_1.JPG

My new old swimsuit :)

Got it for only $9.99! It will match perfectly the 50's beach umbrella and chairs I recently got at an estate sale. All I need is a coconut cup to drink out of and I'll be set (to Target I will go, to Target I will go...)

AtomicBlonde

One of the Regulars
Lauren,

once again I am utterly green with envy over another one of your glorious purchases! you are too cool.

Now, if only I could find a vintage swimsuit for when my family drags me to the beach in a couple weeks... for slathering myself with 100spf sunscreen, wearing a hat and sitting under and umbrella.(and still burning)

I wish I knew how to post photos from ebay, I just won a cute little vintage polkadot housedress on ebay for 99 cents! :)

AtomicBlonde

One of the Regulars
Ok, so I finally figured out this darn picture posting thing. These are my newest buys on ebay. I'm still trying to figure out how to date stuff, so I manage to get things from all over the place. I think my polka dot dress is maybe late 50's? Early 60's? I dont know. I need to get some books and start honing my identification skills! I just won the first dress pictured about 15 minutes ago. :)

The photo of the blouse doesnt do it justice, its much prettier on! :) And, I think for fun I'm going to wear those earrings and the matching bracelett to work today!

175.jpg

MVC471E_001.jpg

88_1_b.jpg

44_1.jpg

Lauren

Thanks, gals :)

AtomicBlonde, I'm thinking that first dress is late 40's/early 50's. It is the cutest thing ever! And I love the wild jewelry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters