Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Your patterns are lovely! I have 2 patterns for slacks... I have been meaning to make a pair, but I am afraid to try! Ah!

decodoll said:
I love the culottes, Lauren!!!

More patterns!! :D

Hollywood9863.jpg

NewYork1253.jpg

Amber Rose

New in Town
Hi

I am pretty new to this whole scene as well as this site so I have just been buying bits and pieces as I am going along. My latest purchase was this dress

0cb_2.jpg

Am I going along the right lines?

AtomicBlonde

One of the Regulars
Amber Rose said:
Am I going along the right lines?

I was wondering the same thing! I've spent pretty much the past 7 years of my life dedicated to studying fashions of the 1840's-1860's so I can tell whats "period" and what isnt... but when it comes to fashions of the 1930's 40's and early 50's... I find myself kinda unsure of myself... I've gotten a slightly better eye than I had when I first got into it, but I still feel like I dont know what exactly I'm looking for. I spend a lot of time looking at pictures, old magazines and whatnot... but is there a definate book or other resource that I could/should be turning to to better know what to look for in shape, material, construction techniques?

-Jess

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
WOW!! that dress is to die for! What a stunner! Lovely find :)

And the fabric is Oh so cute! There's enough to make at least a couple dresses, to be sure :)

Lauren

2Fusers2Fvaluedcustomer2Fdesktop2Fupload2Ftallboots1.jpg

2Fusers2Fvaluedcustomer2Fdesktop2Fupload2Ftallboots.jpg

Here's my latest. I've been DYING for a pair of these that fit since last spring, and hopefully these will do the trick. I bought two pairs on Ebay already that didn't fit, so hopefully this will do it. And I got them for only $35 :)

Maybe I should show up on the QM wearing these and the riding breeches I got at an estate sale last month. What do you think? lol

maisie

Practically Family
Wow! Those boots are going to take a bit of time to lace-up! They're very nice though!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, what a great dress Amber!

I just had a great weekend shopping at some small thrift stores around Boston, and got quite a few really good finds. I found these two gowns, as well as a swimsuit, hat, ff stockings, and 3 day dresses at a store that I never thought would actually have anything from the 20's or 30's. The woman also had no idea about pricing. I almost felt like I was stealing from her. I think they are from the early 20's. They are both hand made and in perfect mint condition. The navy blue dress actually has a built in corset. All the snaps and eye and hooks are in perfect conditon. I don't think it has ever been worn. From what the store owner told me they came from an estate of a very particular wonman. The black lace dress with matching bolero is also in mint condition, except for a few missing rhinestones on the strap. The lace is in great shape. Then best part is, I got such a great deal on them, and they fit like a dream. I thought about selling them on ebay, because I knew I'd make money on them, but I tried them on for one last time, and relized I can't let them go! Not one alteration is needed. This was my first really great find outside of ebay, so please pardon the excitement. I wish you could see them in person, the camera does not do it any justice.

Lauren

Daisy Buchanan said:
Wow, what a great dress Amber!

I just had a great weekend shopping at some small thrift stores around Boston, and got quite a few really good finds. I found these two gowns, as well as a swimsuit, hat, ff stockings, and 3 day dresses at a store that I never thought would actually have anything from the 20's or 30's. The woman also had no idea about pricing. I almost felt like I was stealing from her. I think they are from the early 20's. They are both hand made and in perfect mint condition. The navy blue dress actually has a built in corset. All the snaps and eye and hooks are in perfect conditon. I don't think it has ever been worn. From what the store owner told me they came from an estate of a very particular wonman. The black lace dress with matching bolero is also in mint condition, except for a few missing rhinestones on the strap. The lace is in great shape. Then best part is, I got such a great deal on them, and they fit like a dream. I thought about selling them on ebay, because I knew I'd make money on them, but I tried them on for one last time, and relized I can't let them go! Not one alteration is needed. This was my first really great find outside of ebay, so please pardon the excitement. I wish you could see them in person, the camera does not do it any justice.

Daisy, your first dress is from about 1918-1919, and the evening dress is from abt 34-36. Good finds!

Neecerie, I am so glad you got it! I am jealous!

jonniangel

One of the Regulars
I am absolutely drooling over the Queen Mary compact, great find!

Jonni....who has a tiny little Queen Mary obsession. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy