Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, I guess you can all call me a hypocrite. Our "favorite" ebay seller had a darling dress that I just couldn't pass up. I won't lie, I debated whether or not dealing with this seller was worth it. But in the end, I kept going back to my watch list to look at it. I knew I would have regretted it if I didn't put in a bid. I'm also fully aware that like most of her auctions, the price went up in the last minute. I expected this to happen but didn't expect it to go as high as it did[huh]. This is another auction that I won just because I added an extra 50 cents to my max bid:) I'm sure the gal who placed her bid right before me probably thought that she had won. But, my internet connection was working in my favor, for a change. I got my bid in about 1/2 a second after hers, and my bid was only 50 cents more than hers:D
I just hope I don't regret buying from her. I'm sure that this dress would have sold for less if it had been offered by another seller. But it's so cute, so vintage and so Pink!
DSC_0008_edited.JPG

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Daisy, I've been so in love with that dress since it went up. you're very lucky.

*sigh*

i wish i had loads of money to blow on vintage clothes!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I missed something... why is she a bad seller? I have never dealt with her, but I have seen her auctions... she always has nice things...

Oh and that is a nice dress!! Wear it proudly!

Daisy Buchanan said:
Well, I guess you can all call me a hypocrite. Our "favorite" ebay seller had a darling dress that I just couldn't pass up. I won't lie, I debated whether or not dealing with this seller was worth it. But in the end, I kept going back to my watch list to look at it. I knew I would have regretted it if I didn't put in a bid. I'm also fully aware that like most of her auctions, the price went up in the last minute. I expected this to happen but didn't expect it to go as high as it did[huh]. This is another auction that I won just because I added an extra 50 cents to my max bid:) I'm sure the gal who placed her bid right before me probably thought that she had won. But, my internet connection was working in my favor, for a change. I got my bid in about 1/2 a second after hers, and my bid was only 50 cents more than hers:D
I just hope I don't regret buying from her. I'm sure that this dress would have sold for less if it had been offered by another seller. But it's so cute, so vintage and so Pink!
DSC_0008_edited.JPG

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Another adorable dress Daisy!

Also, can't remember which thread you mentioned this on but I'm so on board with the Boston Ladies Lunch idea--I'll watch the events section.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Daisy I was looking at that dress earlier today and I was very tempted to bid on it, but it was already above what I was really willing to pay. I did save the pictures of it in hopes that maybe I can find or create something similar. Wear it proudly girl, it's a nice dress. Hopefully you don't have problems with that seller on this one :)
So what's the deal with that seller? Is she difficult to deal with, how come her stuff goes for so much higher? I don't have any experience with her so I don't know anything about her

Miss_Bella_Hell

Lady Day said:
I was trying to warn you!
I use my powers for good. [angel]

LD

LD I see what you're doing and it won't work! Well...maybe a little.

Daisy - everyone and their sister wanted that dress! Let's start a lending system - pass it on from FL member to FL member - any damage caused must be repaired...and back to the original owner once we've all worn it! lol

Daisy Buchanan

THANKS so much ladies! You're all making me feel better about spending the money on it. I too had original added the pictures of it to my "dresses I want to duplicate" thread. But, I figured I have yet to duplicate any of the dresses already in the folder, so if I really wanted it I should take a chance and bid on it. I still can't believe that I won it so close to my max bid. My timing was perfect, if someone had come in and added just 51 cents to their bid, I would have lost out! There are so many occasions when I'm watching an old movie and I see a dress and I wonder why I can never find anything like it, even through all my hunting. Yes there are tons of vintage dresses out there, but there are those dresses that I fall in love with in the movies that I can never seem to find anything like. It's as if this particular style that I like just didn't really exist:( But, when I saw this dress it made me think of that. I don't own any vintage pink dresses. Also, a lot of my dressier rayon dresses are either black or brown and although I love them all, I've always wanted something that will stand out a bit from the others that I have. This, and the airplane/torpedo dress that I won a few days ago, are definitely what I was looking for.

For those of you who didn't know, even though this sellers feedback score is good, she has a bad reputation amongst sellers and buyers alike. She is known for "shilling", false bids placed on her items to raise the price of them. She has been shut down numerous times for such infractions. She also tends to buy dresses for a lot less, dresses that do have flaws, then lists them in her own store as flawless. I'm not sure if she fixes them up before selling them, but I've heard from a few buyers that she does not. Take a look at her auctions and you'll notice that, in comparison to many other sellers, all of her auctions have a good amount of bids placed on them days before the auction ends. The majority of the bidders have low feedback and aren't very active. Also, if you read her description you'll never come across a dress that is described as anything less than flawless. She will add in phrases like "flawless, but upon closer examination I found one small pin hole" She also makes her terms very clear, that you are buying vintage worn clothes, sometimes certain flaws are not noticeable so she is not responsible. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this dress is in as good condition as she claims. She did state that there were a few barely noticeable marks. I'm a bit worried that these marks are more than barely noticeable, given her history of misrepresentation. If this dress is even the tiniest bit off from her description, I'm sending it back, that is if it's not fixable. But, I'm gonna make sure to let ebay know, and I will not hesitate to leave negative feedback.

Yes, creepy is a good description. I'll add the word psycho too, with that giant grin and those over exaggerated facial expressions. Like one of those characters in those Lifetime movies that is all sweet and nice, then sleeps with her best friends grief stricken husband after she has killed the best friend yet made it look like a suicide:eek: One of those "you think I'm sweet but I'll eat you for breakfast if you're not careful" creepy women! Oh, and did you happen to notice how hairy her arms are?? Ok, everyone has hair on their arms. I know some gals who have more than others. Maybe it's just the lighting causing them to look really furry? I've never seen anything like it!

Kimberly

Practically Family
Daisy, that dress is fabulous!! I have never bought from that seller but have been very tempted to. Let us know how it looks.

I was a good girl today and only bought a couple of hats, a dress and a very pretty pink lace blouse that looks very 30's but is current.

This was my favorite hat. It has a New York/Paris label on it and is so cute. It is shorter on top and longer in the back making it look very Audrey Hepburn.

aviesidenosmile.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Kimberly said:
This was my favorite hat. It has a New York/Paris label on it and is so cute. It is shorter on top and longer in the back making it look very Audrey Hepburn.

aviesidenosmile.jpg

Kimberly, that hat looks cute!!!
BTW I love your hair! :D :eusa_clap

Kimberly

Practically Family
Thanks Hadley! That is what my hair has been looking like lately. I am trying to let it grow out and everytime I try and put it in curlers it gets frizzy. I have to try something new because I miss the curl. :( . I think it will start setting again once I get a trim. Another reason why I love hats. They hide bad hair days. lol

LadyStardust

Practically Family
You all have all been getting such marvelous purchases. What sharp eyes and exquisite intuitions you all posess! I truly feel privileged to be a part of such a fashion forward group.

Also, I do want to thank those who said such kind things about my own purchases, I am always deeply grateful and HUMBLED to be the recipient of approval from ladies with such refined tastes! I just sometimes get caught up in the other parts of this vast forum, and forget to come back. :eek:

Keep buying ladies, for now I'm a part of the "living vicariously" crowd! :p :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters