Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
A note to all

Ladies,

I am steering this thread back to what it should be....

Stuff we bought.

Any comments on sellers etc....anything else but admiring the nice purchases...needs to be in another thread. This applies to everyone posting in the thread.

If you have an issue about stuff in the PR, contact a bartender. Its -that- simple.

Got it?

Now I havent bought anything for a long while....but here is one I dont think I shared here yet..

IMG_0009.jpg

and you all can just ignore the super ridiculous expression on my face.....

IMG_0010.jpg

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Girls!
I just made my first vintage buys ever!

I got the two magazines and the book for $5,50!

It's all in danish, and the magazines are called "Women of our time" and they have great ads and fashion-photos in them!
One is from '54, the other from '57.
If you want I can take some pics of the inside (I don't have a scanner).
Just say the word!
The insides are in good shade... but the edges around the magazines are quite dark/dirty. :(

The book is about Copenhagen fra around the 1900s (or maybe 10 years before that) to 1938 where the book was published.
I love this city and I love seeing how it looked in the past. :D

68ia44i.jpg

4tfmah0.jpg

4r75q8m.jpg

:eusa_clap

Kimberly

Practically Family
Tinseltown, I am so happy for you!! I remember that incredible rush I got when I purchased my first vintage item. Enjoy it and if there are some super cute pictures, I would love to see them if it isn't too much of a bother! :eusa_clap

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Oh super cute! What did you trade for it?

I got yet another dress from eBay in which the seller listed the measurements incorrectly. It was a yellow check dress and was up in Classifieds.

Anyway I'm happy with the trade because the white dress fits perfectly!

Plus I bought this to replace the yellow dress:

ettf.jpg

It hasn't arrived yet so I hope it fits!

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Kimberly said:
Tinseltown, I am so happy for you!! I remember that incredible rush I got when I purchased my first vintage item. Enjoy it and if there are some super cute pictures, I would love to see them if it isn't too much of a bother! :eusa_clap
I will definately post some pics as soon as I can.

It was a mixed experience for me to be at the flea-market... I found a lot of the stuff cool, but yet eery/creepy. [huh]

EDIT: I bought this box-set at a cd-store yesterday.. for like $7!
They had box sets with Glenn Miller, Framk Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Nat King Cole too... But I couldn't liste to the songs first to see if they were the good ones. ;)
And oh my god...The Glenn Miller box set lacked the classic "In The Mood"! :eek:

66t426w.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Circa 1960s I just bought this for me mum for Mother's Day:

99_1_b.JPG

I can say I got her a cocker spaniel (since she's always wanted one). lol

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Like Lilli Ann?

Here's another suit from my collection. I honestly don't remember when I got it - 5, 10, 20 years ago? It's fantastic gaberdine from the 1930's and I've never worn it! I'm looking for buttons, and just posted a classified.

I also have the skirt, but it was hanging up so nicely from the cleaners that I decided to leave it alone.

Vintage Betty

lilli_ann_side_buttons_1.JPG

lilli_ann_side_buttons_2.JPG

lilli_ann_side_buttons_3.JPG

Sunny

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
This was more of a trade than a purchase.

l_322bc5f5fd1b9f38a51da1bcb42672fb.jpg

I'm so glad it worked for you! That's just how I hoped it'd look on me - but it didn't. :p The yellow dress looks good on me, though, even with pleats in front. I just haven't worn it yet - and I need to find a white belt! ;)

Kimberly

Practically Family
VB, I LOVE!!! that Lili Ann jacket!! :eek: :eek:

If I had the buttons I would give them to you just to see what it looks like on! It is absolutely stunning!

I have to stop buying things and can't seem to get it under control. I won this dress on eBay and bought a pair of Doc Martens and semi-vintage Levi's at Savers today.

Here is the dress.

dressyelldotsA.jpg

And here are the Doc Martens that only cost me $6.00. I was going to buy them for my son but they don't fit and fit me so it worked out well.

DocMartens.jpg

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Kimberly! Yes, I dearly love that suit.

Back at you for the striped dress....mmmmmm.......

And don't kick yourself for a $6.00 purchase. If you want to kick yourself, buy something REALLY expensive!:eek:

Vintage Betty

Kimberly

Practically Family
Vintage Betty said:
Thanks Kimberly! Yes, I dearly love that suit.

Back at you for the striped dress....mmmmmm.......

And don't kick yourself for a $6.00 purchase. If you want to kick yourself, buy something REALLY expensive!:eek:

Vintage Betty

I have been buying expensive things all last week so that's what's killing me. I am finally finding some vintage stores and have gone a little crazy due to the fact that it's like a buffet for the eyes and they are mine for the taking as long as I whip out the plastic. lol

Seriously though. One of my lifetime goals is to own a Lili Ann suit. The ones she did in the 30's and 40's are simply beautiful. I don't want to get it off the Bay though because I would be afraid of spending a lot of money only to have it not fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats