Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Wow, great trade Dahlia! That dress is so amazingly flattering on you!:eusa_clap

And Shearer I love the hat, I have one from the 20's that looks very similar! Great avatar too, btw! :)

Here's one I was amazed to wake up and find out I'd won. It's 30's, and was described as having a few tiny, light spots which I'm sure will come out with a trip to the cleaners. I was amazed becase it's in excellent condition otherwise, strong fabric, no tears/holes, or loose seams, and I got it for a ridiclously low price! I'm not complaining though, oh no!lol
e0029964.jpg

Shearer

Practically Family
Kimberly said:
VB, I LOVE!!! that Lili Ann jacket!! :eek: :eek:

If I had the buttons I would give them to you just to see what it looks like on! It is absolutely stunning!

I have to stop buying things and can't seem to get it under control. I won this dress on eBay and bought a pair of Doc Martens and semi-vintage Levi's at Savers today.

Here is the dress.

dressyelldotsA.jpg

And here are the Doc Martens that only cost me $6.00. I was going to buy them for my son but they don't fit and fit me so it worked out well.

DocMartens.jpg

Kimberly, the pattern on that dress is a dream! :eek:
And as for the Docs, good buy! I have a pair of navy blue mary jane Doc Martens that I bought in the 90's and they look almost as good as they day I got them. DMs seem to last forever!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Just got back from the antique store. There were some things I had been wanting for a while.

21548548_l.jpg

My very first pair of gloves!
21548554_l.jpg

Just in time for the AZ summer! :eusa_doh:

And drumroll please...
21548546_l.jpg

The steal of the century! 1950s purse...0.99 cents!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
That's such a relief ladies! I almost didn't buy it! (It's very similar to my other vintage purse.)

But then I thought "Who would be stupid enough to turn down a 0.99 cent purse?"
"Not me!"

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Such beautiful things Dahlia, I love those gloves, and as Lady Stardust puts it, hooray for milestones:eusa_clap

Sad to hear you lost the dress Linda:( I know how you feel with wanting to hurt someone sometimes they get frustratinglol

I was lucky enough to go out with a bang today, I found this:

Compact-1.jpg

And this beauty, which I am particularly thrilled about:D

LilyDress.jpg

Here's the detail on the front

Lillydress2.jpg

And now, no more ebay for me for a good long while, I swear! lol

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Linda, I narrowly missed developping one of those, my fingers wouldn't toughen, and finally I got so frustrated I stopped playing, I know what you mean, the pretty ones aren't cheap!:eek: lol

Thanks for the compliment:)

Very cute! :)

Foofoogal

Banned
Wow CanadaDoll. I love that orchid dress. Is that handpainted? Sure looks like it in the photos.

Wanted to tell you I spent 2 wks. in Edmonton last August. I was in awe of the beauty around you and the growth of the place. If someone needs a job definitely the place to be. Also amazed by no ugly billboards. In Texas they are every foot it seems. I live near Houston.
Went to Banff and Canmore but have to say Canmore was the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life. I got to play in the snow in Aug. A fluke weekend snow just for me. I hadn't seen snow since about 1985.:)
Here are 2 photos I took. I know you have seen this beautiful place but someone else may enjoy.
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p194/foofoogal/CanadaTrip06141.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p194/foofoogal/Canmore1.jpg

lindawmn

New in Town
The key is to get the guitar set up right (strings low so it's easier to play) and to play through the pain (and frustration). Guitars all sound different, have their own character, so it's all too easy to want another and another...

The thing that's funny is I love vintage, especially dresses and never get to go out, what with three kids! I do wear diamonds with jeans and sweats though. A girl's gotta indulge!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Foofoogal said:
Wow CanadaDoll. I love that orchid dress. Is that handpainted? Sure looks like it in the photos.

Wanted to tell you I spent 2 wks. in Edmonton last August. I was in awe of the beauty around you and the growth of the place. If someone needs a job definitely the place to be. Also amazed by no ugly billboards. In Texas they are every foot it seems. I live near Houston.
Went to Banff and Canmore but have to say Canmore was the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life. I got to play in the snow in Aug. A fluke weekend snow just for me. I hadn't seen snow since about 1985.:)
Here are 2 photos I took. I know you have seen this beautiful place but someone else may enjoy.
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p194/foofoogal/CanadaTrip06141.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p194/foofoogal/Canmore1.jpg

The seller said it was handpainted yes, so I'm hoping further inspection will prove true:)

Banff is a busy place these days, so people are moving their cottages to Canmore, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, the snow seems to be a regular fixture here in augustlol but hey we get snowball fights year roundlol
I love your pictures too!:)

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
That is gorgeous Bella!!! Please excuse me while my I restart my heart....lol
What's it made of, wired fabric, or metal?

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CanadaDoll said:
That is gorgeous Bella!!! Please excuse me while my I restart my heart....lol
What's it made of, wired fabric, or metal?

Eek! Thanks!!! Well, the earrings are basically wired yellow paper with rhinestone centers. The necklace is like a clear plastic with mostly yellow and some white splotches creating the yellow petals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany