Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Rosie

One Too Many
Wow!

You Ladies have done it again. One day and there are like three new pages. Great purchases everyone. LD - I'm loving that compact, I am so loving green right now.

Dahlia, that dress is FABULOUS!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Fantastic.

Daisy, you have a ridiculously great wardrobe. I bow to you. :eusa_clap

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
I know I am a mean girl here, letting you all know this, but the vintage clothing dealers on eBay are having another Vintage Blow Out (VBO) sale next week...it would be a great time to score some good stuff at a good price! I think it will start Wednesday, but I will let you know for sure.

Kimberly

Practically Family
RedHotRidinHood said:
I know I am a mean girl here, letting you all know this, but the vintage clothing dealers on eBay are having another Vintage Blow Out (VBO) sale next week...it would be a great time to score some good stuff at a good price! I think it will start Wednesday, but I will let you know for sure.

I know! I saw that over at their board and can't wait! :eusa_clap

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ooo, I'm envious of those red buttons Pina!
That pattern looks much like a vogue one I have to do Titanic dresses. (modern pattern).

Foofoo, thanks~ I will look up the WS George pattern and see. The dishes are totally unmarked so I've been quite stumped.

Thora, I have bought well over 400 items on the bay. And out of that I can say I've only had a handful of bad transactions.. the dishes being the worst.
Always check their feedback and if you're unsure about anything, ask questions before bidding. Many times I ask for more pictures, or take their pic and lighten to see details. If ever in doubt, walk away.
And yes, I always bid at the last second or use a snipe service.
I really need to start SELLING tho, to support my habit!

KITTY! WAY TO GO on the swimsuit.. oh, jealous here!

Nikki

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
ohairas said:
KITTY! WAY TO GO on the swimsuit.. oh, jealous here!

I am way beyond psyched!!!! I've been looking at these swimsuits for ages but there is just no room in my budget for a $90 swimsuit. I never thought I'd score one for such a nice price, as the Classic Two Piece and Classic Sheath styles tend to go for a lot on ebay.

I hope it looks great! I live just a 10 minute walk up the hill from America's first public beach and I didn't go once last year, except to get ice cream!

epr25

Practically Family
I just won these. They are a little more then I usually spend but my finace got me a great grey gaberdine suit that has flecks in the color. No one else bid on them?

shoes.jpg
[/IMG]

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Kitty
Great swimsuit! And a great price! :eusa_clap

Rosie
Thanks again!

And Red
You stop it!

I got this today with BIN.

45325959_o.jpg

I know you can't see but it has little black fuzzy dots all over it. Too cute. :)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Klara congrats on winning that darling pin. I just saw one exactly like it on ebay, is that where you got it? I'm glad someone here won it:)

Everyone is getting such lovely things!!:eusa_clap But, what else could I expect from a group of lovely ladies:)

JBD and I went to a small antiques mall today around the corner from where Hemingway Jones works. Both places had a great selection of accessories. The first place we went into had much better prices, and the two of us got some very cute pins, earrings, and a few other goodies, all for really good prices. JBD got some really cute pins, one of which is this very cool telephone MIC and the card it's on has directions for use; you're supposed to put a small picture of yourself on the card along with your phone number and give it to a potential beau. It's really darling:)
The second store in the mall had a lot of bakelite. But, their prices were so incredibly high, even higher than some of the ridiculous prices on ebay. We managed to find a few very reasonable and very pretty handbags, and I got a cute plastic Scottie pin, but the bakelite didn't come home with us.

Of course seeing all of that bakelite made me want some. I just won this bracelet on ebay. I saw a bracelet very similar to this one at the antique store going for $180!! I won this beauty for $20!!!!!! I'm very happy. I almost want to bring it into the antiques mall and see how much they will buy it from me for. Maybe I'll make some money off of it. But, I only own 2 bakelite bracelets, and I've always wanted a decorative one like this so I'm not sure if I could let it go.
Well here's what I got on the bay today. All of which were very good prices. I think my favorite is the sweetheart charm bracelet. It even has a charm of NYC, and I collect NYC memorabilia so I was glad to win this:)
0bdc_1.JPG

img.jpg

texasgirl

One Too Many
Two New Dresses

I won these 2 dresses recently. I especially like the green floral one. They are going to be great for the Bonnie and Clyde Festival. I really hope they fit! Also, Ken from Vintage Martini lives near me and is letting me check out his merchandise in person on Sunday, wish me luck that they are not all size 6's!

d971_1.jpg
d882_1.jpg

e43d_1_b.jpg
e499_1.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

Thanks Goldwyn Girl:) I actually can't believe I won it. It was a steal. I'm thinking of trying to get my hands on some more bakelite. It seems that for some reason certain pieces don't go for that much. I don't think it's because they are fakes, but the auction ending time is usually at an off hour. If I can get it for cheap and sell it to the vintage dealer here in Boston who is totally over priced, I might be able to make a little money. That's if I can actually bring myself to see it go after winning it!! But, I'll have to have will power, for if I make some money off of the ones I buy now, it means I'll have an excuse to buy more:D

Thank you Rosie for your compliment! Sorry I didn't thank you sooner but I didn't see it until just now. I know it seems like I have a lot of clothes, but sadly a lot of my last spring/summer clothes no longer fit. So, I was actually in desperate need of warm weather outfits. I really was starting from scratch. If my clothes from last year were just a bit tight I would have just bought a tighter corselette. But no matter how tight I would have cinched it, there was no way possible I was getting into a size 2:( Not that I have to get back down to that size again, but there is some motivation if it means that I could wear the clothes that I already have. I think I'll give it some time, and if it seems as though I won't be fitting into the older items, I'll sell them in my ebay store.

Texasgirl, both of those dresses are gorgeous. I like them both, but I really like the green one. I think it's perfect for the Bonnie and Clyde weekend. Let us know how it goes with the gent from Vintage Martini. I'll keep my fingers crossed in hopes that you find some great vintage, at really great prices:)

Daisy Buchanan

I've already started to look out for a gown for November's Queen Mary event. I know, it's really early, but that event will totally creep up on you! Last year I just wasn't prepared. Well that's because I gained weight about a month before the event and had to scramble at the last minute to find vintage outfits in my size. That, and I was traveling for 2 weeks before the event, and only had one very short night home before I had to get back on a plane. I'm not very good at planning in advance, so I'm trying to be better this year.
Anyway, I've bid on quite a few gowns over the past couple of weeks and lost them all because their prices were out of my range. I finally won this gown today, for exactly my max bid:) whew talk about a tense 10 seconds as I waited for the end of the auction. I think that if the ending time of this dress had not been at 5pm on a Friday afternoon, it might have gone up in price. That and the reserve was very low, even though the seller states that the dress is in great condition. I'm so thrilled to have found a gown in exactly my bust and waist measurements. They seem to be few and far between. I'm also glad to have found a gown with a matching cape, for I have always wanted one. It is 30's, has snaps for closure. The dress is in excellent condition but the cape has some staining and the fur has some breakage. I think I could easily replace the fur, and I'm gonna see if some oxyclean will get the stains out of the cape.
Well, as usual I've babbled! But, would you expect any different from me:D
front with cape:
050110701_069.jpg

Front without cape
050110701_054.jpg

Back
050110701_054.jpg

side close up
050110701_058.jpg

I also won this cute Chudiks 50's wiggle dress. It's gonna need to be taken in at the waist but I couldn't pass up the brocade fabric. It was also a pretty good deal:D Supposedly it was bought at a movie studio auction....
item7914.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart