Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
This is on clearance at Target.com. I would have kicked myself if they sold out:

41DSCGLuhpL._SS384_.jpg

Then they sucked me in with their free shipping so I got this too:

41mp2mVfA1L._SS384_.jpg

It's one piece, a dress.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the tip. I'm usually the kind to just throw things in the washing machine. Yes, even my vintage dresses. Here I'll save you ladies the trouble: :eek:

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I get so jealous when the super cute Target dresses look good on people. According to the size chart, my bust is L, my waist is S, and my hips are M. Not conducive to a good fit, I'm afraid. BOOOOO!!!

redpony

Vendor
If you plan on selling that gab western suit...email me first! Those are what I wear and I even have buttons I can put on it! DROOL!

MaryDeluxe said:
I can't keep up with this thread! So, how about I add a little to it! More from that estate sale I went to last month. I am slowly sending things off to the dry cleaners. Some of the clothing I'm just to afraid to try to clean myself. :p The dry cleaners has done a beautiful job on the things I have taken him so far! Here are two more dresses that I bought for $10 bucks each. They cost about $20 to dry clean a piece. So, they are my 30 dollar dresses now. lol The black one with the bows will need to be altered on the shoulders because it's to big, but I think it will be worth doing. The other dress fits like a dream:)
beaded40sdress.jpg

50sdressblackbows.jpg

Edit to add this sweet gab western shirt and pant suit! To bad I'm not skinny enough to wear it!

gabwest.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

imoldfashioned said:
I loved this post (which I cut down for length). I so want to attend the QM event this year--I can't wait for some info to be posted so I can start making plans. I can't remember Daisy, but maybe you do, was there a thread so folks going on their own could connect to share rooms?

When the official thread is put up, people usually mention if they are looking for a roommate. Other than that, there will be a list of attendees that MK usual posts on the official thread, he updates it regularly with the names of people who have RSVP'd. You could always take a peek at the list and then contact members to see if anybody is looking for a roommate. Warning though, the rooms can be small. When you reserve your room make sure you tell them exactly what kind of room you are looking for. The rooms are all different sizes and there really is no rhyme or reason to any of it. I was in 3 different first class staterooms, each one of them was a different size. The first year I went we were told we were in a good sized 1st class room. Since I was sharing the room with Hemingway Jones we opted for the room with 2 twin beds. We ended up also sharing the room with Mojave Jack. The three of us were really squeezed into the room, especially once the cot was brought in. I have a feeling that the rooms with 2 double beds are bigger than the rooms with the two twins, even though the people at the reservation office will deny that. It was so strange. Last year we were supposedly in a first class room. We thought it was nice because it was certainly bigger than the room the year before. We had 2 queen beds and a little table and chair in the corner. There wasn't much room to move around, but then again there were my suitcases in there too:eek: To top it all off we found out that they over charged us for the room by $40 a night!!!:rage: Well we thought our room was nice until we saw the rooms our friends were staying in. One person who was staying alone had a gigantic room with a separate sitting area. Enough room for four people to sleep comfortably. When we finally realized that our first class room that we were over charged for wasn't even a first class room, we were pretty miffed:( So I advise anyone who is making a reservation to be very clear about what kind of room it is that you want. If you get there, and it seems as though your room is not what you thought, definitely bring it up with them. I think they've gotten used to taking advantage of tourists. Just act like you've stayed on the ship before and that you are fully aware of what a first class state room should be. Especially since the price is the same regardless of the room you get, you should get the nicest room possible!

SarahB, wonderful jewelry!! You are finding the greatest plastics and fruit!! I think summer and the warm weather makes us all a little fruitylol

Amazing purchases Mary. I do like the pant outfit, but the two dresses are magnificent!! I don't even think I'd be able to say I like one more than the other, they are both great:eusa_clap

Mojito

One Too Many
Haven't posted in this thread in an age (although I always love seeing what other people have bought!). I've had some good finds, too - had a brilliant buy on a cutwork, raised floral hand embroidery and filet lace 1920s dress with its original slip and some lovely ribbon flower detailing on the hips, in just about mint condition (I'd have almost paid for the slip alone what I paid for the entire outfit). Also picked up a gorgeous flapper dress for a friend I need to photograph - it's burn out velvet in a rich autumnal patterns and colours (rich earth tones), rust red chiffon panels at the sides and trailing down the back, with beads simulating berries at the hips. It's so utterly *clever* I decided it had to be 'kept in the family', and she loves it. Also found a gold lame evening cloche at the same vintage sale.

Bought this today as it's so light and pretty - it's chiffon and the beadwork is so light I'd feel comfortable wearing it as a day dress:
peachflapper.jpg

Kimberly

Practically Family
Mary, you have the best luck with your finds. Those are all incredible.

Mojito, that dress is simply stunning! I love the detail in it.

Pink, great finds as usual. You have a knack for taking modern clothes and making them look vintage with your accessories and cute hairdo's and I need to take some lessons because I have yet to pull it off.

Okay, I promised myself I would be good but couldn't pass up on this deal. I got this dress for $19.00 which inluded shipping. My problem now is that I know prices on vintage now that I am hitting some of the B&M stores so I now want more on eBay because their prices can't be beat at times. lol

linenwhitedress.jpg

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Oh my... you girls post so muuuuch georgous stuff that I can´t comment it all. Whenever I stop by (and that´s often) I see dozens of new beautifull items!!! Awwww.... I hope I can contribute again after my vacation (I plan an exessive vintage-shopping tour, so I might have some mighty fine stuff than ;) )

Hep Kitten

New in Town
Tasty morsels, Ladies

This is only my third post to the lounge. You ladies have exquisite taste and amazing luck. The folks at work must be wondering by now what exactly it is that makes me drool as I sit at my desk! :eek: I just won these babies:

1940.jpg

The item description said they are screw-back, 1940's and in excellent condition. All I know is I fell in love. I also had to bow out of a Bakelite auction that got a little too steep for my pockets. It was a beautiful matching 'bundle of cherries' chocker and earring set. The last time I looked, the auction was at $243! They were gorgeous though. In any case, I am happy with my new earrings. :D

texasgirl

One Too Many
I got this dress on Sunday from Ken who runs the Vintage Martini website- he lives near me and let me come over and check out his dresses. Check out his website, he really has high quality items. http://www.vintagemartini.com/
I think it will be great for my 30s Bonnie and Clyde event.

IMG_1606.jpg
IMG_1607.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
this weekend's fabulous finds!

I did really well this weekend! Here are 2 pair of earrings I found at a local shop. The silver ones are Trifari and the flowers have a mark that I can't identify. Someday maybe I'll find the matching Trifari necklace on Ebay.

flowerearrings.jpg

This daisy set was $10. I originally assumed it was 1950s or 60s, probably celluloid. The set is signed Winard. Upon returning home, I researched it online and found a similar set at http://www.goantiques.com/detail,ivory-earring-brooch,644642.html that is ivory and selling for $175! Mine looks just slightly different, so I'm not sure if it's ivory or from the same time period (1900-1920) as the one I found online. I guess I won't know unless I have it appraised.

daisies.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I found this beautiful R&K Originals dress at one of the local vintage stores this weekend. The fabric is like taffeta, black with blue details. The collar is velveteen as is the pocket detail. It has a metal zip up the front and 3/4 length sleeves with a turned up/French style cuff. What would you say, ladies - late 40s/early 50s?

RKdress.jpg

RKneckline.jpg

pocket detail:
RKpocket.jpg

Usually I try to avoid buying fancier dresses, as I never have an occasion to wear them and a vintage dress does me no good collecting dust in my closet. At $25, however, it was too good to pass up!

Miss_Bella_Hell

KittyT said:
I found this beautiful R&K Originals dress at one of the local vintage stores this weekend. The fabric is like taffeta, black with blue details. The collar is velveteen as is the pocket detail. It has a metal zip up the front and 3/4 length sleeves with a turned up/French style cuff. What would you say, ladies - late 40s/early 50s?

RKdress.jpg

RKneckline.jpg

pocket detail:
RKpocket.jpg

Usually I try to avoid buying fancier dresses, as I never have an occasion to wear them and a vintage dress does me no good collecting dust in my closet. At $25, however, it was too good to pass up!

I love this! You know how I love R&K. You should wear it this weekend. We need to plan!! Hehe.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I also found these 2 deadstock dresses at a local vintage store. It's rare that I make out so well on clothes in one trip to one place! These 2 dresses are great, since I can wear them to work, although I feel like the green one may be a bit too sheer to be work appropriate :-/

greendress.jpg

This green dress has lucite buttons with rhinestones all the way up the front. They're so amazingly fabulous!

greendressdetail.jpg

This purple dress is made of a cotton/rayon mix that looks like silk dupioni. It has a metal side zip. I'm curious how this dress dates - I don't think the style is 40s, but I would assume 50s given the wiggle style. I am, however, confused by the presence and placement of the metal zipper! Also, please excuse the wrinkles.

purpletag.jpg

purpledress.jpg

purpledetail.jpg

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
KittyT said:

RKdress.jpg

RKneckline.jpg

pocket detail:
RKpocket.jpg

I LOVE this dress! It's really flattering on you .. I'm always on the look out for 3/4 length sleeves since they are seldom made in repro .. I'd say it's early 50's .. Think Mary Tyler Moore on Dick Van Dyke :eusa_clap Well done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart