Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
KittyT said:
RKdress.jpg

Usually I try to avoid buying fancier dresses, as I never have an occasion to wear them and a vintage dress does me no good collecting dust in my closet. At $25, however, it was too good to pass up!

Wow great deal! I love it and looks like it's in mint condition too. I would guess early 50's.

Mojito

One Too Many
texasgirl said:
I got this dress on Sunday from Ken who runs the Vintage Martini website- he lives near me and let me come over and check out his dresses. Check out his website, he really has high quality items. http://www.vintagemartini.com/
I think it will be great for my 30s Bonnie and Clyde event.
I bought the dress I'm wearing in my avatar from him! You're absolutely right - he has some lovely items, very well priced, and is great to deal with. I was very pleased with the whole transaction and keep an eye on VintageMartini to see if anything else has come up that I'd like to buy.

Your dress is gorgeous - it makes me think of extending my era out of the 20s so I could go for something like that!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KittyT said:
I also found these 2 deadstock dresses at a local vintage store. It's rare that I make out so well on clothes in one trip to one place! These 2 dresses are great, since I can wear them to work, although I feel like the green one may be a bit too sheer to be work appropriate :-/

greendress.jpg

purpledress.jpg

The green one looks ok for work I'd say! If not, give it to me. I LOVE IT!!! I gotta get to the Garment District.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
Daisy I bought a dress from her too! Nothing fancy -

4694BLKA.JPG

but cute and practical! Thanks for the tip off on her, your dresses are all gorgeous too!

Fleur, how did you find the size with this dress, is the material stretchy? Acording to her size chart I need a large in the bust and a small in the waist.

Shearer

Practically Family
I was complaining to Pink Dahlia that I couldn't find anything that struck my fancy... but I forgot about this bra/sun top thing I had in my watch list.

It has mice and cheese on it, ladies! lol It's so weird I had to have it and I snagged it for 4.24 :p

miceandcheese.jpg

I'm sad the seller didn't have a closeup of the pattern... red and blue mice with blue cheeses. Makes me laugh.

Shearer

Practically Family
ShooShooBaby said:
honey, i've been the president of that one for weeks - wanna be my secretary? :D

As long as I get to wear cute secretary dresses! (Dahlia told me there was no $4 club, but I think she's just jealous) ;)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
Fleur, how did you find the size with this dress, is the material stretchy? Acording to her size chart I need a large in the bust and a small in the waist.

It hasn't arrived yet! But I went for a waist that fitted as it has a wrappy top part so although my bust will be at the upper limits I thought it would be ok. We shall see I suppose! I'm expecting it any day so I'll get back to you!

Kimberly

Practically Family
texasgirl said:
I got this dress on Sunday from Ken who runs the Vintage Martini website- he lives near me and let me come over and check out his dresses. Check out his website, he really has high quality items. http://www.vintagemartini.com/
I think it will be great for my 30s Bonnie and Clyde event.

IMG_1606.jpg
IMG_1607.jpg

That is so pretty! I was over at that site last night and he has fantastic clothes! :eusa_clap

Sunny

One Too Many
I've been watching all this and buying, too, but being really bad about not updating! Here's most of the last six weeks:

moongallery.jpg

Green "moonglow" necklace and earrings, marked Richelieux - whatever that signifies.

946f_1.JPG

1920s white linen skirt with a pleated waist. The pleats appear to be sewn down at the top. The seller says there are a couple of buttonholes in the waistband, as though it was part of a dress or set. I don't know, but I sure hope it fits. I really need a white skirt.

And from the same seller:
97c2_1.JPG
9835_1.JPG

A tie my brother liked.

0120_1.JPG

Blue and silver-colored (Steel? Nickel?) compact. I love the size and feel of this one and can't wait to use it. The powder lid inside is sprung (not mentioned in the listing), but the original puff was included (also not mentioned in the listing). My brother's getting the lid fixed for me.

f7cd_1_b.JPG

Two 1930s patterns for less than $7 including shipping. The one on the left is from 1936-7, I think, and the one of the right from 1939. I'm making up the second one out of seafoam green faux linen very shortly. I love the skirt - straight in front, flared in back.

8367_1.JPG

Button and buckle set, $4.50 with shipping!

And my last shoe binge for a looong time:
d80b_1_b.JPG

Cream mesh slingbacks

navy4.jpg

Navy leather Red Cross peeptoes

Plus a pair of brown and cream suede peeptoe slingbacks, for which the pictures have been taken down. These were all listed within two weeks of each other. It's very hard to find shoes like this in a 9 or larger.

And the piece de resistance:

BROWN107.GIF

Re-Mix wedges: Picasso in dark brown. I got the 10's, which were huge, and returned them for the 9's, which are perfect. I adore these shoes! They are the staple of my footwear wardrobe, as I had hoped they would be.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
KittyT, how did you manage to get dresses in my two favorite colors?! :p Mint green and lilac, oh gosh, I'm swooning over here! They are WONDERFUL and look so good on you!

texasgirl, all the dresses you have gotten are absolutely fabulous, I really liked the green one you posted earlier, and I love the black one on this page, with the flower/leave accent. :)

Am still trying to catch up with all the marvelous purchase ALL of you have got, and will try my very best to comment on everything. :)

This, I was stunned I won, I was not keeping my hopes up, simply for the fact that it's Edwardian/Titanic, and I haven't seen a single dress in that category go for under $100 for at least a month now.:mad: I guess I just got really lucky.
513_035.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

Great purchases ladies:) Shearer, that sun top is great! What a cool pattern!

Sunny, you hit the jackpot!! Everything you got is so lovely, but that last pair of shoes are to die for!! If they don't fit, send em' my way:D

LadyStardust, your new dress is really pretty

Goldwyn, I ordered 4 dresses from the same seller as Fleur. I haven't received them yet, but I did talk to her about sizing because I needed the large for the bust and small for the waist. From what I understand, I'm not sure if the dress is all stretchy, but I think the waist has stretch to it, that's why the waist measurements aren't an exact stated size. Also, all the dresses have some wort of belt at the waist, so even if they are a little loose, they can be cinched with a belt. I'll definitely let you know how they fit when I get them. Even if the dress does have 1 or 2% spandex, the seller made it seem as though there wasn't much give in the bust area. If this doesn't help I recommend asking her about it. She answered my questions very fast, and seems to be quite knowledgeable about the product she sells.:)

I just wanted to post a few of the items I won on the bay this weekend. I ended up winning quite a few bakelite pieces, but I'm a bit worried that they aren't real bakelite. I checked out the sellers site this morning to see if she had anymore pieces I wanted to bid on before making payment. She has the same exact items that I won over the weekend up for auction that I already won up for auction again. So, either she is a scammer, or the pieces aren't real. I know it's possible to have similar pieces, but she stated in the description of the pieces I won that they were "one of a kind":mad: I have the bakelite testing cream, which I most certainly will be doing. If they aren't real, they will be sent back and negative feedback will be left:rage:

Blue40s1.jpg

Blue40s2.jpg

b923_1.JPG

bow1.jpg

bow2.jpg

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
It hasn't arrived yet! But I went for a waist that fitted as it has a wrappy top part so although my bust will be at the upper limits I thought it would be ok. We shall see I suppose! I'm expecting it any day so I'll get back to you!

Thanks, I'd appreciate that. It's such a cute dress. :)

Daisy, I look forward to hearing your opinion as well.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I LOVE this, how cute! $4 club? Hey, come on.. it's only $2 a boob! Way to go!:eusa_clap
Nikki

Shearer said:
I was complaining to Pink Dahlia that I couldn't find anything that struck my fancy... but I forgot about this bra/sun top thing I had in my watch list.

It has mice and cheese on it, ladies! lol It's so weird I had to have it and I snagged it for 4.24 :p

miceandcheese.jpg

I'm sad the seller didn't have a closeup of the pattern... red and blue mice with blue cheeses. Makes me laugh.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Daisy Buchanan said:
I just wanted to post a few of the items I won on the bay this weekend. I ended up winning quite a few bakelite pieces, but I'm a bit worried that they aren't real bakelite. I checked out the sellers site this morning to see if she had anymore pieces I wanted to bid on before making payment. She has the same exact items that I won over the weekend up for auction that I already won up for auction again. So, either she is a scammer, or the pieces aren't real. I know it's possible to have similar pieces, but she stated in the description of the pieces I won that they were "one of a kind":mad: I have the bakelite testing cream, which I most certainly will be doing. If they aren't real, they will be sent back and negative feedback will be left:rage:

Daisy, they might indeed be real bakelite, just modern reproductions, not vintage pieces. However, if she's advertising them as one of a kind, then listing identical pieces, that's sort of odd. Maybe she ain't that smart!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart